Neighbours - Do you Dee ever returning?

trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She's been gone over 7 years now which is a long time in soap land. I still dont believe she's dead and when Madeleine West's career goes belly up she'll be back.

Comments

• RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope so. But if neighbours carries on as it is i see Toadie quitting soon and there'd be no use for her to come back!!
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want her to come back, even if it is just to keep Toadie busy (storyline wise :p).
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    trawets09 wrote: »
    She's been gone over 7 years now which is a long time in soap land. I still dont believe she's dead and when Madeleine West's career goes belly up she'll be back.

Her career's gone belly up? Not quite. She's been in Underbelly and Satisfaction, two of the biggest and most successful Australian drama in recent years.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours often does the Harold Bishop-style 'death' with the body lost at sea.

Aren't Liljana and Serena Bishop still missing, presumed dead?
  • jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours often does the Harold Bishop-style 'death' with the body lost at sea.

Aren't Liljana and Serena Bishop still missing, presumed dead?

I believe so, but let's hope Serena doesn't return!

Dee or Liljana were great and I'd love to see them come back (even if it is a bit of a stretch storyline-wise!)
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Dee :( Her and Toadie's wedding day was so sad!
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love her to come back, but I just can't see it happening anymore :(. I'm just upset that Toadie NEVER mentions her anymore. Considering he marries Steph this week and didn't even have any thoughts about his wedding to Dee is really unrealistic in my opinion. I'm sure in real life he would have mentioned her, and at least acknowledged her on her birthday and their wedding anniversary each year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Dee :( Her and Toadie's wedding day was so sad!

Same here :cry: I've always held onto the hope that because they didn't techincally kill her off, she can return. I don't think there's a very high chance of it happening now, though, 7 years on. It'd be a great surprise if it did though, I'd probably start watching Neighbours again if it did :D
  • The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her death was hilarious. I don't think it was meant to be, but it was badly done.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie858 wrote: »
    I would love her to come back, but I just can't see it happening anymore :(. I'm just upset that Toadie NEVER mentions her anymore. Considering he marries Steph this week and didn't even have any thoughts about his wedding to Dee is really unrealistic in my opinion. I'm sure in real life he would have mentioned her, and at least acknowledged her on her birthday and their wedding anniversary each year.

He's not really marrying her for love though is her.

When he was planning on Marrying Steph for proper reasons the last time, we heard Dee's voice and he thought about her a lot, which is realistic.

He may still do things on the anniversary of her death, but do we really need to see him, every year explicitly acknowledging it?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they do bring her back, they'll wait until Toady is thinking he is finally happy with Sonya.

He's not allowed to be happy.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    If they do bring her back, they'll wait until Toady is thinking he is finally happy with Sonya.

He's not allowed to be happy.

This.

Personally I hope they don't bring Dee back... granted she was a good character (and very attractive too!), but Neighbours struggles enough as it is to be taken seriously. IMO, the last thing the show needs is a re-cycled plot that was pretty far-fetched the first time!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He may still do things on the anniversary of her death, but do we really need to see him, every year explicitly acknowledging it?

Yeah but it would be nice to just sometimes see him mention her...just a little comment here or there.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Geek wrote: »
    Her death was hilarious. I don't think it was meant to be, but it was badly done.

Agreed, it WAS hilarious. It would be cool if she turned up. How long was Harold missing?
  • trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only her hair flying out the sides of the car was hilarious

the aftermath not so much
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Yeah but it would be nice to just sometimes see him mention her...just a little comment here or there.

Yet whenever anyone mentions Bridget - who's not even been cold for a year - most people on here moan about it! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was acknowledged when Bridget died, not certain on specifics, either Susan was trying to look out for him because the death was reminding him of Dee, or someone suggested Declan speak with Toadie because he'd been through it.

She does get mentioned as often as seems fit for a character who left a show 7 years ago.

I actually think Neighbours is quite good at acknowledging departed characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think Neighbours is quite good at acknowledging departed characters.

But they never mention that Billy Kennedy now is a floppy haired doctor in the US :p

I agree they keep the departed characters alive, like Mal & Cath. And Izzy...she's mentioned almost every week :D

~~
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan and Karl are often explained away as being away visiting Billy and Anne, just recently I think they had Twins, very soon after baby Jackson was born. After Libby lost baby Grace there was worry that she was too attached to Libby and Anne's kids I think.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would she still have the weird blue bit in her hair or would that have washed out to sea?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Yet whenever anyone mentions Bridget - who's not even been cold for a year - most people on here moan about it! :rolleyes:

Dee=genuinely likable, and liked
    Didge=horrible and stuffed down our throats, and unlikeable.
  • baisbaisbaisbais Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her career's gone belly up? Not quite. She's been in Underbelly and Satisfaction, two of the biggest and most successful Australian drama in recent years.

The OP said "when" her career went belly up - not that it had!

I thought she was a great character, but I'm not sure even Neighbs credibility can stretch to two lost-at-sea-and-returned characters...!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    baisbais wrote: »
    The OP said "when" her career went belly up - not that it had!

I thought she was a great character, but I'm not sure even Neighbs credibility can stretch to two lost-at-sea-and-returned characters...!

I haven't watched Neighbours for years , but still have a picture of Serena Bishop on my mobile ( don't ask why!) I hope she returns , and i might start watching again.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,210
    Forum Member
    I always wanted her to return cos in my mind she never died just got amnesia like Harold. Thought she'd come back around the time of Steph and Toadies real wedding. But I don't know if it would still work. I remember there was an ep where Toadie and Libby talked about Drew and Dee as the loves of their lives but how they had to keep going which I think is realistic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be ok for Neighbours to do a second storyline with a character returning from being lost at sea. As long as there was some little reference made to how it happened before with Harold and how much of a coincidence that it happened twice in Ramsay Street then I'd be fine with it!! It's a soap so it's not like things are ever that realistic anyway!

I think they could have a story whereby Dee was washed up on somewhere and then captured by some mad/crazy person and held hostage for the last few years!! Finally she manages to escape and returns to Ramsay Street to find Toadie! The story could begin with just us the viewer seeing her being held hostage and we are shocked to realise it's Dee! Then we'd see her escape over the next couple of weeks and her return home.