Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 problem

barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi I wonder if someone can help me with this problem I've had since I installed Microsoft Office. Every time I open a Microsoft program, the Windows Installer appears and I have to wait ages for it to configure. I don't know why it's doing this so does anyone know how I can stop it?

I have done some looking elsewhere but most of the things people talk about I have no idea what they are going on about, so if anyone can help me, you'll need to explain in the simplest way possible so I don't get confused :D Thanks.

Oh and I have Vista just in case that makes a difference :p

Comments

• pcombopcombo Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    That is because, Upon installation of office you only pre-installed packages and only icons would be installed untill you actually used the program, A way to save disk space as not all office programs are used. Or this was the way it came when you bought the system.
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every time I open a Microsoft program, the Windows Installer appears and I have to wait ages for it to configure.
    I have a recollection of seeing something like that when I had two versions of some parts of Office installed at the same time (Word 2003 and 2007, for example). Is anything like that possible in your case?
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, find Microsoft Office there, click on change and then Add or Remove features. In a tree make sure everything is set to Run (all) from My Computer and go next. If it does not help, run Repair (the second option in the Setup).
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    albertd wrote: »
    I have a recollection of seeing something like that when I had two versions of some parts of Office installed at the same time (Word 2003 and 2007, for example). Is anything like that possible in your case?

No, I only have one version of Office.
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, find Microsoft Office there, click on change and then Add or Remove features. In a tree make sure everything is set to Run (all) from My Computer and go next. If it does not help, run Repair (the second option in the Setup).

I did both and none of them worked, its still saying the same thing :confused:

I will get the box back and I'll reinstall it since maybe I didn't install it properly. Thanks for your replies.