I honestly think I'm a curse. :o Votes to non-qualifiers:

12 points: Macedonia
    10 points: Azerbaijan
    8 points: Serbia
    7 points: Poland
    1 point: Albania

On the plus side; I somehow qualified. I bet I finished on 55 points. :D
    kvn wrote: »
    Macedonia had a late surge of votes, it was actually the last song to score a point!

My votes to non qualifiers

10 Albania
    8 Macedonia

So between the three of us we gave Macedonia over half their total points!
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Serbia deserved to qualify!

They have a great music scene, but always really unappreciated in this contest!

Yeah they have either really great artists or songs. Or really bizarre and terrible songs. Not much in the middle!!!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My non qualifier votes

05 Serbia
    04 Albania

Not bad considering and I'm in the final :)
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    I knew you'd love it!

I prefer it to their real entry to be honest. Loved it
    So between the three of us we gave Macedonia over half their total points!

It would have loved to have swapped it from my 8 to my 12 points and sent it through but that would been totally unethical :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have loved to have swapped it from my 8 to my 12 points and sent it through but that would been totally unethical :D

*Makes note in case my country did indeed qualify with 55 points*

;)
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My votes for NQ's

4 - Macedonia
    1 - Albania

Not surprised at being eliminated based on the reviews. I kind of expected it, but looking on wiki it reminded me Whigfield was Danish and I saw she had some recent stuff out. Thought I would try and pull on the memories of happier days from the past and I do genunely think it is a nice song. But heyho, not too confident on my song in the other semi. It's getting better reviews but not glowing reviews.

I have stumbled across a song which I think could do very well should I ever get that country.
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    23. Bulgaria 5 (Yuigmoto1)

Not again! Oh well, I'm expecting top 3 for Sf2
    Forum Member
    :eek:

I saved Yugi from Nul Points!

May he be forever in my debt.

Was Bulgaria really that bad, or have I just shown spectacular bad taste (again)

I picked it because I had barely any time to pick, and I liked it.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    I picked it because I had barely any time to pick, and I liked it.

I'm not slating- I gave you 5 points
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Non-Qualifier Votes:

8 Greece
    6 Azerbaijan
    4 Austria
    3 Morocco
    1 Denmark

I am Through!
    Forum Member
    I'm not slating- I gave you 5 points

I know, but I'm just pointing that out.
  • dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semi Final 2 review time yay. The standard in the first semi I think was so much better. But I think the winner is in this semi.

Italy
    I think it takes a while to get into. But when you do get into it, its really epic. But I will happilly listen to this song many many times. I think this could do very well indeed.

Latvia
    Ew Christmas picture. I cant tell if the song is Christmasy, but it wouldnt make it any worse than it is already, if it was.

Bosnia & Herzegovina
    The bits in the video were she's in the room with the sticky notes. My eyes really hurt watching them parts. Song is really good though, pretty excellent for Bosnia.

Czech Republic
    I feel like I should like this. Its a song that should appeal to me, but it seems overproduced or something, that its distracting. Loving the video though.

Iceland
    As a huge Bjork fan, Im annoyed this song was sent in, because pretty much every single she's done is better. But still, even though I still kinda like it. But other songs would've gotten more from me.

Sweden
    I've never liked Robins voice. Was so glad Amanda Fondell beat him in Idol (My favourite for Melodifest this year, hopefully she does better than him there). This is a good song, just not a fan of his voice though.

Malta
    This seems a bit hit and miss. Parts of it are amazing. The chorus parts are amazing. But the other parts seem not finished, and takes away.

Israel
    I really like Adam Lambert. But the majority of his good songs have been used already. And this is not one of them.

Germany
    I have a bit of an odd relationship with Mrs. Greenbird. I really love the guys voice. Like a lot. But the girls one I usually like or get annoyed with. Atm, I like it, but it might grate on me.

Estonia
    The chorus' are great, the rest is a bit meh. But think its not big enough to stand out really.

Montenegro
    Yeah no thanks at all. Montenegro not starting this year off on a good note, lets hope they end up like how they were last year.

Georgia
    I physically struggled listening to this.

Hungary
    OMG were are the good songs :|

Russia
    OK back to normality. Well, I dislike Opera quiet a bit. But the parts of this song that aren't, its alright, and very re-listenable.

Finland
    Not that much of a Nightwish fan. But this song is pretty incredible. And very epic sounding.

Lithuania
    I thought I knew EMA, but looking at this one, I have never seen her before. Its alright. To typical for me. The chorus' are a lot better than the rest aswell.

Norway
    This isnt perfect, and alot of things could be better. But Im really liking it.

Portugal
    I really like this song. Especially the chorus'. Can feel a bit slow at times.

Ukraine
    The chorus' are actually epic. Like the definition of epic. The rest is a bit blah. But I forgive it for that chorus.

Croatia
    This is a nice song. There arent many good ballads like this in the contest, so will be helped by that.

Slovakia
    This was strange to watch. I feel used kinda.

Belarus
    I like the video. But the song is boring me to death.

Switzerland
    Talk about ending the show on a high note. This is incredible. Even if he looks a tad creepy.

Italy
    Bosnia & Herz
    Iceland
    Germany
    Estonia
    Russia
    Finland
    Norway
    Portugal
    Ukraine
    Croatia
    Switzerland
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    mikabv wrote: »
    My Non-Qualifier Votes:

8 Greece
    6 Azerbaijan
    4 Austria
    3 Morocco
    1 Denmark

I am Through!

Austriaaa

At least some people appreciate a good old hit :)

now onto the next leaver of the contest :p
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if reviews for my second entry are anything to go by I'll be lucky to get any points at all :eek:
    Forum Member
    Austria 1
    Albania 4
    Serbia 6
    Azerbaijan 8
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Well if reviews for my second entry are anything to go by I'll be lucky to get any points at all :eek:

That nill points is for me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Semi Final Two review
    If I praise you you're out; if I criticise you you're through.

Italy: She especially has a powerful voice; it's a decent opener but not particularly memorable.

Latvia: I like the start...shame he had to start singing as the pitch is slightly high for me. Good tune and beat, though.

Bosnia & Herzegovina: Not bad at all; the chorus is quite strong but the verses can grate at times.

Czech Republic: Doesn't really stand out for me; it doesn't have a hook and the beat is messy to say the least.

Iceland: It's certainly different. I don't think I mean that in a good way.

Sweden: For me it's all a bit saccharine and cheesy. Nice enough tune; just grated slightly.

Malta: It just washes over me for the most part; the rock section comes too late.

Israel: It's a bit dated (I couldn't help but think of Kiss during the chorus for some reason) but still decent.

Germany: Quirky; her voice bugs me slightly but it's a pleasant song and the chorus is strong.

Estonia: Nothing much about this one either. Just bland to me.

Montnegero: The chorus' are decent; the verses let it down a bit.

Georgia: It's very 1990s... it's not the worst song in the semi final but is another one for the bland list.

Hungary: Have we gone back 20 years and no one's told me? I don't think this one is very good; their voices get on my nerves.

Russia: Well at least it's memorable if only from the introduction. I like the chorus but the verses aren't quite as strong.

Finland: Strong beat though it does become slightly depressing after a while. I did enjoy listening to it though.

Lithuania: Love the start and the tune is brilliant; it's very catchy.

Norway: We've hit a run of good songs; I love this one too. She has a pretty voice and the tune and beat compliment it nicely.

Portugal: This is quite powerful; I think it comes across really well and keeps my attention.

Ukraine: Beat - great, tune - great, tempo - great, vocals - suit the song perfectly. The verses and the chorus go really well together.

Croatia: The start is beautiful and it's a very strong ballad. She has a powerful vocal and I love the violin accompaniment.

Slovakia: I got into this one straight away; the beat is superb and it has a Horehronie vibe about it. Brilliant.

Belarus: Nice enough song though doesn't have much about it.

Switzerland: The verses really carry it; and the chorus is a real grower as it goes on.

:)
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Semi Final Two review
    If I praise you you're out; if I criticise you you're through.

Oh so both my songs going out then, thanks :)
  • AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy to be through :) Shame about Belgium, one of the 12s was mine.

12 - Belgium
    6 - Macedonia
    4 - Albania
    3 - Greece
    1 - Serbia
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    Oh so both my songs going out then, thanks :)

:o You're welcome. :)
  • mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Austriaaa

At least some people appreciate a good old hit :)

now onto the next leaver of the contest :p

I do think it was quite nice but the funny part is that they call him a DJ. Don't think there was a lot of music-mixing to do there.:p
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the deadline tomorrow for SF2. 5pm again?
  • Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually like montenegro :o
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    TerryP wrote: »
    When is the deadline tomorrow for SF2. 5pm again?

Yes Terry. Semi Final 2 deadline 5pm tomorrow
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit late, but:

6 - Greece
    4 - Poland
    2 - Denmark