Options

Dear US citizens

Comments

• Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Thank you for Gary Busey. He blows our dumbass oxygen wasting "celebs" out of the water!

Dumbass? Do we say that is Britain?
    Anyway, every year we have these minor American celebs who are lauded by a few viewers.
    I don't get it, he's a washed up bit part movie actor. A shambling wreck who isn't really well enough to be in the house.

Why is he blowing anyone out of the water?
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's he doing that's so great?
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    One of my all-time favorite films is Barbarosa, a western he starred in many years ago. With Willie Nelson. Just watched it again about a month ago. But don't feel left out, not many people know it. His best film by far was The Buddy Holly Story. He was genius in it, and that's why he was nominated for the Oscar for it.

Before he was Brain Injured, before he had the issues we now see.

I think its irresponsible to put him in the house to make an azz out of himself and others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Dear US citizens
    James does not speak for all of us when giving his opinions on Gary but he is right in that we Brits do have strict rules on what we can and can't say that could even slightly be interpreted as discriminatory towards other people.
    We have a lot of rules, some sensible but some very petty, that are set by European laws.
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearly New wrote: »
    Fame and celebrity status are all relative though.

I haven't seen a single film with Gary Busey in, nor wish to, so he's just as insignificant to me as the majority of the UK housemates.

You haven't? That's impressive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for Gary Busey. He blows our dumbass oxygen wasting "celebs" out of the water!

On behalf of the U.S., I'd like to say that you're very welcome. We invite you to help yourself to as many of our faded stars, Z listers, reality "stars" and attention seekers as you can stand.
  • Options
    mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On behalf of the U.S., I'd like to say that you're very welcome. We invite you to help yourself to as many of our faded stars, Z listers, reality "stars" and attention seekers as you can stand.

Thanks, but no thanks.

This idol worship of a very rude 70 year old because he is "Hollywood actor and Oscar nominated" is growing very thin.
    Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed his films in the past but he is in my opinion yet another American who thinks its their birthright to be rude to everyone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsdidi wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed his films in the past but he is in my opinion yet another American who thinks its their birthright to be rude to everyone else.

But it IS our birthright, along with guns and apple pie. *shushes you and points finger* :p
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Send Dirk back to us !

*swoons :blush:
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No no no!

Dear US citizens,

PLEASE take him back!! He's giving me nightmares! :cry:

I second this :D
  • Options
    daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't seen a single film with Gary Busey in, nor wish to, so he's just as insignificant to me as the majority of the UK housemates.

You must be young then. He was in loads of great movies during the 90's. Nominated for an oscar n stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also dear US citizens. We DO have freedom of speech here. Contrary to what our dumb ass British housemates think. If we didn't then forums like this wouldn't exist.
  • Options
    smokeycatsmokeycat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also dear US citizens. We DO have freedom of speech here. Contrary to what our dumb ass British housemates think. If we didn't then forums like this wouldn't exist.

No we don't. Not true freedom of speech. There are some things we cannot say. ;)
  • Options
    GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately its more restricted here than in America! Garry is correct when he says the UK is damn restrictive!! Its a lot more laid back in the states and they enjoy a lot more freedom than here in the UK.
  • Options
    vanoravanora Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorn23 wrote: »
    Can we keep Gary and you guys can have Helen!!
    ditto:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member

Agreed! :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh come on! Don't make their heads even bigger! I'm still mourning the loss of 'our' marathon chocolate bars (now Snickerrrrs) and Opal fruits (now starburssst) And the good ole British 'Film' (now Movie)

Thank God we still say HERB not 'erb and Maths not Math

Good point though regarding a real sleb and a Z-lister :D
    You mean, even though 'erb is correct and so is Math? :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    Gary knows what he's doing. He's done the reality show round in the USA and is now getting his fill of UK shows, He'll be on Tumble next year;-):D:p
    Yes, he knows exactly what he's doing. He can hear things that are really quiet but can't hear somebody talking directly to him, he chooses when to wear or not wear his hearing aids, or even when to hear or not hear somebody. I understand he has trouble with some of the accents - I do too and I'm English.... it's not even the accent per se, it's the talking really fast and not enunciating clearly.

Seeing bits of other reality shows Gary's been on, he's obviously a pain in the arse to live with, any housemate that gets through their time with him deserves to win :D
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    Unfortunately its more restricted here than in America! Garry is correct when he says the UK is damn restrictive!! Its a lot more laid back in the states and they enjoy a lot more freedom than here in the UK.

I don't think that's necessarily a good thing. Where could/would it all end? If watching our speech, behaviour and gestures in the UK is restrictive then I'm all for it. It's called self-respect, manners and respect for others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would say to the US citizens...

I apologise for the way one of your citizens have been treated by people from the UK.

I'd also add, it would be great if Gary won!

(Gary, Dee, George or Edele for me)
  • Options
    smokeycatsmokeycat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    It's called self-respect, manners and respect for others.

But not freedom of speech...
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    I don't think that's necessarily a good thing. Where could/would it all end? If watching our speech, behaviour and gestures in the UK is restrictive then I'm all for it. It's called self-respect, manners and respect for others.

If only certain HM's in BB15 had adhered to this ^ ^ :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it IS our birthright, along with guns and apple pie. *shushes you and points finger* :p

You're actually right there, with the exception of the apple pie.

We too in the UK have a right to bare arms, our Government, along with most other things though have taken that away, unlawfully, it's in our constitution, it's in the Magna Carta, and like most controlling things the Government do, we don't even question it.

Not that I would keep a gun, I do agree that it's not the gun that kills, it's the person holding it.
  • Options
    lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary is mesmerising, and many of the US housemates over the years have been brilliant entertainment; Spiedi, Courtney, Michael M, the Playboy twins.

I hope an American wins this year.

Apologies for James. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freedom of speech has to have some limits. Racism for example. We gotta have some laws just for common sense and decency. I saw a documentary about these Nazi groups in the US. They are scary and dangerous and should never be allowed to spout their hate, but apparently they can under US law.