Under The Dome S3 US Pace

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Well that was a disappointing start for me.

An hour and 20 mins of virtual reality used as filler while the last 2 mins actually moves the story along.

Melanie strangling people was so annoying.

About the only fun bit was Jim telling Julia off for being so thick.

Comments

• hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the whole episode. Of course this means that the dome is still there and Chesters Mill is the same outside as it was before.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed it, I wonder if the dome will be back in the same place or if it has gotten larger?
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the end of season 2 was terrible, hope season 3 is a bit better.

Gonna give it a watch tonight, then onto Between. :)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoyed it, I wonder if the dome will be back in the same place or if it has gotten larger?
    The Dome hasn't gone any where. They are all in virtual reality.
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,097
    Forum Member
    Well that was a disappointing start for me.

An hour and 20 mins of virtual reality used as filler while the last 2 mins actually moves the story along.

I feel the same, it took a lesson from the "Lost book of wasting time" :) It's really starting to feel like a mini-series that's being stretched out to a series. The writers must love Lost since they keep throwing in extra mysteries without answering any of the existing ones first.

This could be the season where I lose interest completely :(
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virtual reality? What is this, The Matrix?

What's next? A secret portal to Narnia?
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another poor episode. Barbie in 'Yemen' looked a lot like Chesters Mill. I think this show is basically finished, it hasn't been making much sense for a while and the acting at the end by Big Jim ("How about it red?") made me burst out laughing it was so corny. It seemed to borrow/steal a lot from Lost.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up on this show midway through the last season. I watched the opener to this season to see if it has improved....Nope, it hasn't, I'm finished for good with it now.
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of last season the dome was "angry". It was collapsing, there was earthquakes, there were lightning bolts!

That all seems to have been forgotten in this episode.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    It was a bit rubbish. A double episode of filler isn't the way to open a season. Is it just me, or is the Melanie actress really bad?

I'm not sure if I can be bothered to watch the whole thing, especially if they're going to keep leading us down the garden path and not giving any answers.

It should be good... After all, it's based on a Stephen King novel and has his blessing. Plus it stars Dean Norris and Marg Helgenberger -- both of whom have been in award winning series. Meh.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I pretty much gave up with this show following season #2's final, but after hearing rumours that we'd get a few explanations in this double-bill, I turned in. I started it, wondered what the hell was going on, then I paused it, read a quick synopsis online, found out the episode was (for the most part) fabricated (virtual world) so I skipped to the end to see if anything worthwhile actually happened.

It didn't. I'm done with this one too. Bye Bye!!
    Forum Member
    lol this reminds me of wrestling fans that sit and complain about wrestling yet watch every week and then moan about fake wrestling again.

It doesn't matter if you watch or not. None of you have barb boxes in your house. You don't add anything to the TV ratings so who cares?

This is the final season and people like myself know there will be answers. Stephen himself says it wont be the same as the book so it wont be aliens doing experiments with people on Earth, it will instead be something different.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    lol this reminds me of wrestling fans that sit and complain about wrestling yet watch every week and then moan about fake wrestling again.

It doesn't matter if you watch or not. None of you have barb boxes in your house. You don't add anything to the TV ratings so who cares?

This is the final season and people like myself know there will be answers. Stephen himself says it wont be the same as the book so it wont be aliens doing experiments with people on Earth, it will instead be something different.

Oh, pardon us for expressing an opinion.
    Forum Member
    No one's saying don't have an opinion but you all watching or not watching the show doesn't make a difference. You're not being counted in the TV ratings nor adding or taking any money away from the show.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked the alternate reality twist. My guess is that whatever happened in that alternate reality will stick though so it wasn't a total waste. e.g Ben is dead, Norrie and Joe are split up and Ava is pregnant. Basically everyone except Julia and Big Jim will have a whole extra years worth of different memories. Still not sure if Ava is in cahoots with Catherine Willows (I've forgotten her UTD character name) or if she's just a pawn to distract Barbie. So is Melanie actually an imposter? She told Don she wasn't his daughter. I'm glad its the last season though so I'll stick with it even though the show has gone way downhill in quality ever since they got rid of Maxine from the second half of season 1. She was a decent villain unlike the (metaphorical) moustache twirling Big Jim.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member

Is it definitely the last season? I can't find any website that says that.

To address your other points, I know I can switch it off if I want. I wasn't completely slating it, I was just a bit disappointed by it and I gave the reasons why. If I want to turn it off I will and I'm under no illusion that anyone at CBS will care if I do. :D

I see it starts tonight on Channel 5, although they're only showing the first episode, not a double bill, so it'll end up being a week and a bit behind America. That's not bad compared to most shows, but I will probably end up getting spoiled if I choose to watch it at UK pace.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it all a bit confusing.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found it all a bit confusing.:blush:

There's nothing to be confused by.

It's all very simple.

The 'aliens' (if that's what they are?) lead all the people into the tunnels under the town and put them into a virtual reality matrix.

Why the aliens did that, hasn't been shown yet, but they seem to have been disappointed that the 'program' didn't complete and was shut down too early.

I hope that makes sense.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh. What a boring season premier :(

The Last Ship - which is far from being a quality drama - had a two part opener that was actually quite enjoyable.

Under the Dome? 80+ minutes of boring padding, just to introduce a couple of new people to the Dome at the end.
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we know which show hired all the out-of-work 'Lost' writers!
  • TANDYBOYTANDYBOY Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    confused
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was interesting until they all came out of the pods.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one's saying don't have an opinion but you all watching or not watching the show doesn't make a difference. You're not being counted in the TV ratings nor adding or taking any money away from the show.

I think we are all aware of that, thanks. :p You're obviously annoyed at the negative comments about the show.

What do the ratings have to do with people criticising the show?
    We are watching to get answers to the mysteries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay she's dead. Can't help thinking she was a victim of poor casting and writing.

So it is
    Aliens
    doing all this.

Still don't like Big Jim and Jnr. Nor misery girl with the bow.

I don't think that ending could have been any cheesier.
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    posted in the wrong thread - apologies