Options

I am a Bad Person!

Beth88Beth88 Posts: 2,330
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why cant I just go to work, I have never done this before but I have to be at work at 11.00 ......

I just dont know why but I just didnt bother getting ready I woke up at 9 as usual, but I popped on Digital Spy and then stayed for about an hour....which i really should not have done.

But i thought ok its only 10 if i am fast I will be ok...but then I had my breakfast and sat down and watched Jeremy Kyle :mad: and then This morning, I just didnt get ready I couldnt be bothered.!!!

And now i come on digital spy to tell you all instead of getting ready!! WHAT AM I DOING !!!

So when work rings shall I just say I over-slept or what?

I am usually very good but today I couldnt be bothered to get ready, even the thought of going to work makes me feel sad at the moment. I just want to win the lottery at the moment and live a life of fun fun fun

What so should I "over-sleep" or somthing else?

suggestions :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    Then you wont be too bothered if your boss can't be bothered to get off his backside and pay your wages!
  • Options
    louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    Beth88 wrote: »
    Why cant I just go to work, I have never done this before but I have to be at work at 11.00 ......

I just dont know why but I just didnt bother getting ready I woke up at 9 as usual, but I popped on Digital Spy and then stayed for about an hour....which i really should not have done.

But i thought ok its only 10 if i am fast I will be ok...but then I had my breakfast and sat down and watched Jeremy Kyle :mad: and then This morning, I just didnt get ready I couldnt be bothered.!!!

And now i come on digital spy to tell you all instead of getting ready!! WHAT AM I DOING !!!

So when work rings shall I just say I over-slept or what?

I am usually very good but today I couldnt be bothered to get ready, even the thought of going to work makes me feel sad at the moment. I just want to win the lottery at the moment and live a life of fun fun fun

What so should I "over-sleep" or somthing else?

suggestions :D

Lazy thing :p
    I would call them now, and say you have some sort of stomach bug, and unfotunately you won't be able to go in today :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oversleep at 11am wish my previous boss's would believe that lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sat down and watched Jeremy Kyle
    Yes, you are a bad person. Away to hell with you henceforth! ;):p

When they ring, why not tell them that you can't go into work today because aggressive ferrets are holding you hostage in return for all the cheese in Milan? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Call in sick - say you were being sick during the night so didn't get any sleep and have only just woken up - say you think you've got this vomiting thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've been throwing up all morning so couldn't phone to say you wouldn't be in/would be late!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honesty is the best policy. Phone them up, tell them in great detail what you have done, possibly even give them the link to his page, and I'm sure they'll be very understanding after reading your post :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Chance wrote: »
    Yes, you are a bad person. Away to hell with you henceforth! ;):p

When they ring, why not tell them that you can't go into work today because aggressive ferrets are holding you hostage in return for all the cheese in Milan? :p

Its a plan..but to be honset I could just walk in at 12 and I bet they wouldnt notice! I always get oh Beth I forgot you were in today....thanks I didnt know i was soooo forgettable

I might just walk in at 12 and say I arranged to come in hour late with the other boss who is on hoilday for 2 weeks they will have forgotten by the time he is back and wont ask him....

I hope

BTW everyone please dont judge me, I am usually very good with time-keeping I dont know what is wrong with me today..I dont usually like to be late
  • Options
    ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call in sick, get back back in bed and watch the rest of This Morning :D
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    You seriously need a reality check. You want a decent life, with a reasonable standard of living? You have to work for it and be responsible.

We all feel sad about having to go to work at times (unless you are very lucky to love your job and look forward to it every day).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Maybe this is a sign you need to start to look for a new job? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    You seriously need a reality check. You want a decent life, with a reasonable standard of living? You have to work for it and be responsible.

We all feel sad about having to go to work at times (unless you are very lucky to love your job and look forward to it every day).

Have you never pulled a sickie :eek:
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I'm surprised at the number of people saying just call in sick. Its skivers like you than mean others have to cover you work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW everyone please dont judge me, I am usually very good with time-keeping I dont know what is wrong with me today..I dont usually like to be late
    I wouldn't judge anyone. Not since that time I got caught impersonating a Magistrate, anyway... :eek::D

I think the best bet is just to tell them what someone else has already suggested: you were sick in the night and feel rather unwell. I'm sure they wouldn't want you vomiting all over customers! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on guys, Name me one person who hasn't thrown a sickie? :rolleyes:
    That aside OP, you're doing what i'd rather be doing today but nonetheless, here I sit, at my desk, DS'ing to pass the time. ;)
    I've never actually done what you've done though, actually not been bothered to get ready cos' I was so engrossed in TV or other things.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all want to win the lottery and have fun fun fun, I think you had better get a grip, you are living in a dream world.
    What kind of work do you do?
  • Options
    NealeNeale Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always used to say "traffic" whenever I got in late, but I know what you are saying. When started a job I am always on time, the more I do it, the later I leave getting ready and leaving to !. Give an excuse, and know that you'll do better tomorrow :)

Bit of a turnaround this year, been quite good at getting up early, though this morning I overslept by an hour :o. Ah well, it was time they owed me anyway :p
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    That aside OP, you're doing what i'd rather be doing today but nonetheless, here I sit, at my desk, DS'ing to pass the time. ;)
    I've never actually done what you've done though, actually not been bothered to get ready cos' I was so engrossed in TV or other things.

Yep, this is what I don't understand. For me pulling a sickie is waking up... feeling so despondent about your work and making a decision to call in sick. Not swanning around all morning.

And no I haven't pulled a sickie (although I have called in sick when I felt a bit off colour) but once I felt so low about my job that I got off the bus and instead of going into work I walked straight into an agency, sat and cried.

Who here would not like to win the lottery and give up our jobs???!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    We all want to win the lottery and have fun fun fun, I think you had better get a grip, you are living in a dream world.
    What kind of work do you do?

I work in a supermarket on the checkout for 9 hours 4 days in a row....:cry:
    Yep, this is what I don't understand. For me pulling a sickie is waking up... feeling so despondent about your work and making a decision to call in sick. Not swanning around all morning.

And no I haven't pulled a sickie (although I have called in sick when I felt a bit off colour) but once I felt so low about my job that I got off the bus and instead of going into work I walked straight into an agency, sat and cried.

Who here would not like to win the lottery and give up our jobs???!!

I know i had every intension to go to work, but I kept putting it off....I agree I dont like people like me who just lull around all day that Is why i have always made the effort to have a job, alot of my friends thinks its fun to live off the dole all the time...but I dont, I just having a bit of a stupid day :(
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, you've picked a nice sunny day, hope you feel more like facing the customers tomorrrow.:) they are hard work, I know.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

Erm, <sticks hands up>. Sure, I use t'internet while at work, but I've given my current company about 7 months free overtime, so I'm due some back! In fact, when I took a day off sick a few weeks ago (because I genuinely had a bad cold), I looked at my file, and the last time I took a sick day was 2002.

Not everyone skives when the going gets tough, you know!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am off to work now...they havent rang me so They have likely not noticed/didnt know i was suppose to be in/or dont care.....

Or I am sacked :eek:

speak soon

xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had days like this too. Just layed in bed thinking.....
    grr.. i gotta get up to go to work.... (yaaawn)
    ..ah bugger it ill get the next train, tell em the train was cancelled...
    .....damn im missing the next train now..
    ahhh... errr..
    ....grabs phone off side.
    (in ill voice) "hi sorry ive been sick all night and still not feeling good...... yeah.. sorry.... ok.. thank you bye.."

ahhh im off work today now! yaay! no work today!! oooh!! woo hoo!! Im awake!! *dives out of bed!!*
  • Options
    accordaccord Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    get over it. maybe you just like drinking and sleeping around like most people then blame others and then are lazy to get to work to earn an honest day's pay...or maybe not but just swivel in your chair all day.

jeez, grow up - get to work.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    accord wrote: »
    get over it. maybe you just like drinking and sleeping around like most people then blame others and then are lazy to get to work to earn an honest day's pay...or maybe not but just swivel in your chair all day.

jeez, grow up - get to work.

Is there anybody in this world that you actually like?
    Talk about half-empty all the time.