Aaliyah 7 years on

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
its been 7 years since she died and i still love her music it such a shame she could have been one of todays biggest stars one in a million is one of my fav songs

any other fans?

Comments

• bigblueboxbigbluebox Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her songs. Try Again, More Than A Woman, One In A Million are all great. I can remember my mum telling me she'd died and I couldn't believe it...she really was an amazing artist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i couldnt believe it either was so sad
  • Official DivaOfficial Diva Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    I remember this it was so sad. Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopez died a few months after Aaliyah as well. :( Two great talents lost in one year.
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it really been 7 years! I love Aaliyah, with we need A Resolution being my favourite track, Shame she was taken from us so young she had a very promising career ahead of her not only in singing but it acting as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Tragic her life was cut so short. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I remember this it was so sad. Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopez died a few months after Aaliyah as well. :( Two great talents lost in one year.

I used to love Left Eye :(

I was a fan of Aaliyah back in the day, too. TLC and Aaliyah were two of the small amount of RnB acts I liked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Left Eye :(

I was a fan of Aaliyah back in the day, too. TLC and Aaliyah were two of the small amount of RnB acts I liked.

Yeah and that fact that even now their music does not sound dated
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    woah 7 years thats crazy :eek: love aaliyah.. i couldn't believe it when i was told she had died too!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !J! wrote: »
    Yeah and that fact that even now their music does not sound dated

Block Party by Left Eye is brilliant! Aaliyah was a great talent - such a tragedy she went so early. We Need A Resolution is on my iPod, still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Block Party by Left Eye is brilliant! Aaliyah was a great talent - such a tragedy she went so early. We Need A Resolution is on my iPod, still.

It's on mine too, i still put it in playlists i create
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved all of her songs and yet I still cant listen to or watch the video for Rock the Boat as it just reminds me of when I heard about her death.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winelover wrote: »
    I loved all of her songs and yet I still cant listen to or watch the video for Rock the Boat as it just reminds me of when I heard about her death.

it's horrible their is an interview with her at the filming on the day she died
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she started early but for someone who died so young she has a very respectable catalogue of music.