Options

Amazon order has not arrived

waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
Forum Member
Hi,

I ordered from Amazon directly on the 11th of January.
I ordered a Black ipod nano with Free super saver delivery (which I assume would not need a signature?). It was definitely dispatched on the 12th via RM - I'd assume it would just be posted through the letterbox?

It has been way more than the time it should have taken now, and it's pretty annoying as it was for my sisters birthday, which was last week! It was a present between me and my other 2 siblings - we look a bit stupid now!

How would I go about contacting Amazon about this issue? I've had a look but I can't find anywhere?
Also, would I be refunded or just sent a replacement? If I'm going to be refunded I think we'll just get one from a shop - it's pretty annoying to say the least.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably the weather depending where it is being dispatched from, a few online places are giving warnings about delays!
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would I go about contacting Amazon about this issue? I've had a look but I can't find anywhere?

There are links all over the help section for contacting Amazon, or a CS rep will phone you. Log in and go into the help section.

"General Support: Contact Us" HERE
    fickrick wrote: »
    probably the weather depending where it is being dispatched from, a few online places are giving warnings about delays!

Yup: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200430820
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    What does the estimated delivery say in the email they sent?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    16-18th of January. I'll leave it a few more days then contact them.

Anyone been through the refund process before though? If it's not quick then we'll have to wait before we can buy anything else for her.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    16-18th of January. I'll leave it a few more days then contact them.

Anyone been through the refund process before though? If it's not quick then we'll have to wait before we can buy anything else for her.

Have you checked the depot? I had something delivered Royal Mail one time and the postman did not leave a card. I would not have known to check the post office depot if the vendor had not told me to check.
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    You will certainly need to sign for an item like an IPod Nano. Be it delivered by Royal Mail or a courier company there's no way something of that value will just be posted through the letterbox.

You need to contact Amazon and find out how the package was sent for starters.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there tracking information for it in your order details?
  • Options
    riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I ordered from Amazon directly on the 11th of January.
    I ordered a Black ipod nano with Free super saver delivery (which I assume would not need a signature?). It was definitely dispatched on the 12th via RM - I'd assume it would just be posted through the letterbox?

It has been way more than the time it should have taken now, and it's pretty annoying as it was for my sisters birthday, which was last week! It was a present between me and my other 2 siblings - we look a bit stupid now!

Also, would I be refunded or just sent a replacement? If I'm going to be refunded I think we'll just get one from a shop - it's pretty annoying to say the least.

They have a ringback service which works very well. They (or rather those cretins at Yodel) delivered a £100+ package of mine to a notoriously scratterish resident down the street. I complained and they sent the whole lot again !

I think they'd be likely to do so again, once they've investigated and if you've not done this sort of thing before.
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I had an order from Amazon which was 2 boxes supposedly in one consignment. Yodel delivered one box but not the other one. I contacted Amazon via their online chat the following day after checking the order tracking which said it had been delivered. Amazon checked with Yodel, who it transpired had 'lost' the other box, and then they electronically refunded half the purchase price into my bank account 2 days later.
  • Options
    mozamoza Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you checked the depot? I had something delivered Royal Mail one time and the postman did not leave a card. I would not have known to check the post office depot if the vendor had not told me to check.

That may not be possible, now. I picked a parcel up last week, and noticed signs all round the office saying that if you didn't have a card, they couldn't do anything.

I'd expect any delay to be weather related as well, tbh.
  • Options
    Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go into your Account and click on the order, there will be an option there to contact the seller be it Amazon or Market place
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    I had this with amazon before christmas using free super saver, they sent a £5 cd via courier and a £150 tablet via royal mail which never turned up. Had to wait 10 days after the estimated del date at which point they issued a full refund as they no longer had them in stock.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I have an amazon order question i hope someone can answer!

I ordered a dog harness from amazon and when it arrived i tried it on the dog and its too small. It says on amazons website they wont refund the cost of sending it back unless the item is faulty or incorrect. I ordered a medium and they sent medium but the size of the actual product (which it says on the packet) is different to the size in their product description. Does that still count as incorrect?

Secondly, i ordered a few bits so it came in a big box. Now ive just ordered the harness on its own in large. Can i send the medium one back to them in the same packaging they posted to me or do i have to buy new?
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    You will certainly need to sign for an item like an IPod Nano. Be it delivered by Royal Mail or a courier company there's no way something of that value will just be posted through the letterbox.

You need to contact Amazon and find out how the package was sent for starters.

We ordered a tablet for my daughter for christmas through Amazon. £300.

You guessed it! No signature required!

The very same delivery I had to sign for an OPI tester nail varnish (worth £3) bought from an eBay seller. Madness.

I do wonder how many people made out they didn't receive their tablet.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I have an amazon order question i hope someone can answer!

I ordered a dog harness from amazon and when it arrived i tried it on the dog and its too small. It says on amazons website they wont refund the cost of sending it back unless the item is faulty or incorrect. I ordered a medium and they sent medium but the size of the actual product (which it says on the packet) is different to the size in their product description. Does that still count as incorrect?

Secondly, i ordered a few bits so it came in a big box. Now ive just ordered the harness on its own in large. Can i send the medium one back to them in the same packaging they posted to me or do i have to buy new?

If their description was wrong, yes they should refund your return postage. Did you buy it from Amazon or a market place seller? Both should refund you, it just may be easier if you bought from Amazon as individual sellers can sometimes be awkward.

And yes, you can reuse the packaging, just remove or cover up any labels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    If their description was wrong, yes they should refund your return postage. Did you buy it from Amazon or a market place seller? Both should refund you, it just may be easier if you bought from Amazon as individual sellers can sometimes be awkward.

And yes, you can reuse the packaging, just remove or cover up any labels.

It was from amazon themselves. I always try and use them if its something i might have to return.

I will use whatever packaging they sent the next delivery in. I just wondered if you were allowed to send it back in their packaging or if you have to buy your own.

In all the years of using amazon ive never sent anything bavk before!
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that Amazon have been a bit erratic on deliveries of late.

Last week I ordered an item that said “delivery estimated” then a date given just over a week and low and behold the item turned up 10 AM the next day so about 18 hours from order to door.

A few weeks before that I ordered an item and it said about 1 week and it took almost two.

Just ordered something yesterday (and this item is sold by Amazon) and their saying expect delivery next Tuesday. I since discovered today that I could have ordered direct from the manufacturer, same price no delivery charges with delivery within two days.

Amazon for me used to be precise and fast with their deliveries but for me they are starting to wane a bit.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still pretty good here, I got a wi-fi adaptor a couple of days after I ordered it and i would have had the graphics card the next day if the postman had put his snow shoes on.
    As it was i had to wait until today to get it from the sorting office, because when it was delivered yesterday i was at work.
    So not Amazon fault, but Royal Mail.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was from amazon themselves. I always try and use them if its something i might have to return.

I will use whatever packaging they sent the next delivery in. I just wondered if you were allowed to send it back in their packaging or if you have to buy your own.

In all the years of using amazon ive never sent anything bavk before!
    Use their packaging. If you log in to your account you can hit a link by the item to return it and it will then give you labels to print off for the parcel.
  • Options
    benwarwickbenwarwick Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    i ordered my mum n ipod nano for her birthday and that just came through the letterbox this was from amazon as well ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Use their packaging. If you log in to your account you can hit a link by the item to return it and it will then give you labels to print off for the parcel.

Will do as soon as i get my next item so i have the packaging! Might sound silly but can i print off the labels and sellotape them on? Or do i need to buy sticky printable labels?
  • Options
    GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Will do as soon as i get my next item so i have the packaging! Might sound silly but can i print off the labels and sellotape them on? Or do i need to buy sticky printable labels?

Yes, just sellotape them on. I always do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys, I tried the Royal Mail and they didn't have it.

I;ve contacted Amazon so hopefully they can sort it sharpish!