Pining for Game of Thrones

Comments

• srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    Ah, The Great Flame War of Season 2. I remember it well - the thunder of keyboard warriors riding to battle, the killing fields littered with Inactive Members and the silent fury of the smallfolk who saw their threads derailed. War is cruel. :(

It's always been a bit too touchy in these parts for my liking, so I usually just head over to the Westeros forum for ASOIAF discussion. It helps that there are clearly defined rules for each forum there.

Yeah, I only read the books after season 2, before that I always found the contributions of book readers to be very helpful and filled in background etc. Of course there have been some genuine spoilers over the years and those are quite rare and although annoying are usually just accidental slips of the fingers. Most things considered spoilers often aren't really.
    I also enjoy posting on Westeros forums they are full of great theories and background, subplot, foreshadowing etc. Stuff that mostly went over my head while reading the books.
    But I like the tv forums here, so hopefully we can have a civillised discussion this year.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you guys on about the asoiaf.westeros forums?

I'm a member there too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I'm a moderator there ;)

HBO have confirmed that GAME OF THRONES will last for 7 seasons.

No spoilers in the article for future books/seasons, but there may be some in the comments.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already predicted there would be seven seasons at most and nice to see it confirmed.
    They can't abide by the books 100 per cent off the time. If they did, Game of thrones would be on the air for a very long time. There likely be certain things ocurring rather soon and certain things not happening in the next few seasons and they may even choose to depart away from the books eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seven season seems very tight to me. They will have to drop a lot of storylines. Or maybe they have one episode at the end which is a montage with Sam doing a voice over saying what happened to everyone.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    25 min recap of season 3.

I can still see them doing 8 seasons or at least an extended 7th Season (2 blocks of 7 episodes for example).

Up till a few months ago the Producers were talking about telling an 80 or 90 hour long story so the idea that they always planned doing 7 seasons (ie 70 hours) is a bit of a retcon IMO.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah they could do a final season as an extended one spread out over two years. HBO did that with The Sopranos.
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chirpy_Gal wrote: »
    The White Walkers will reach the wall when Dany conquers a city with a coastline that faces Westeros. As she's still appears to be in the middle of a dessert I give it at least another 3 years. My husband has read the books (I gave up midway through the first part of book 3) & finds my assumption amusing.

Dany has always been partial to a good dessert. I understand that her favouite is Banoffee Pie.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dbob wrote: »
    I don't get this fascination with endless trailers and previews. Personally I like to go into the next season without any idea of what may possibly happen or what new characters may turn up. For me it's just spoiling the surprise. What's wrong with just waiting a few weeks. I've had too many films give away the best stuff in their trailers so tend to avoid them all now.

Because for some of us, who have read the books, we like to know what they're going to be covering in the up coming season and what they're leaving out.
    srhDS wrote: »
    Sometimes I think we need three threads.
    Book Readers thread.
    General non spoiler thread.
    bookophobic thread where the fact that there are books can't even be mentioned. Useful for about six people but still...

Technically there already are three threads: A US Pace one, a UK Pace one (not really needed imo when the show airs the day after) and a Thread for book readers to discuss the show.
    Also there shouldn't be any spoilers from the books posted in either of the Pace threads unless it's to add additional information to events which have been shown on screen (ie background to a character etc). But people either deliberately post spoilers (rare) or occasionally post something which someone else then takes as a spoiler when quite often it's not.

Then there's the posts which are total speculation from none book readers who are then jumped on by people who think they're lying and they really have read them because they come to a conclusion which is similar to what actually happens in the novels themselves.
    Fortunately the Season Three threads weren't anywhere near as bad as Season Two.
    Ber wrote: »
    Are you guys on about the asoiaf.westeros forums?

I'm a member there too!

Yep, have been for quite a while :)
    KookyKatie wrote: »
    It's always been a bit too touchy in these parts for my liking, so I usually just head over to the Westeros forum for ASOIAF discussion. It helps that there are clearly defined rules for each forum there.

Although I do post here in the GoT threads, I tend to prefer Westeros as, like you say, there tends to be less debate over what is or isn't a spoiler over there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dany has always been partial to a good dessert. I understand that her favouite is Banoffee Pie.

:):):):)
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Dany enjoys dragon fruit for dessert ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Hahaha not the worst my auto correct has ever produced by a long shot! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amusing Charles Dance narrated Video about David Benioff, Dan Weiss and the show.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »

Although I do post here in the GoT threads, I tend to prefer Westeros as, like you say, there tends to be less debate over what is or isn't a spoiler over there.

I don't post that much over there, I like reading the theories - especially the crackpots. :D
  • PeedubPeedub Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Peedub wrote: »
    Apparently the box sets start tomorrow again on Sky On Demand. I for one plan to catch up with all 3 seasons so I'm ready to roll right into it on 7th April.

Right, that's the first two seasons caught up on so far.
    On to season three.
    Lol, I didn't think I'd fit enough time in between work and family time to get through it all in time, but I'm well ahead of schedule.
    Soooo addictive!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I don't post that much over there, I like reading the theories - especially the crackpots. :D

yeah, like Hodor raped Catelyn which explains why Rickon is so stupid, LOL...

I prefer the less crackpot ones, makes you re-evaluate the story some of their insight...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching GoT all three seasons (first time viewing) in 4 days! Can't believe I didn't get into this show much earlier. What a show!! :o Now I'm so sad that I don't have anything to watch until April! :(
  • bruce9651bruce9651 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Well I watched game of thrones on bluray and REALLY enjoy it :) but have to wait next year (yet again) when HBO release season 4.
    Shame they can't be like other tv series and release it a few months after they shown it :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Video on Bastards in Westeros (contains some Season 4 scenes)

Video on the Locations used in Season 4.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So close to new episodes.
    I'm excited.
    The Walking Dead should finish about the time GoT starts.
    My tv is always busy these days
  • PeedubPeedub Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Peedub wrote: »
    Right, that's the first two seasons caught up on so far.
    On to season three.
    Lol, I didn't think I'd fit enough time in between work and family time to get through it all in time, but I'm well ahead of schedule.
    Soooo addictive!!!

All caught up with seasons 1 - 3 through On Demand.
    Can't believe how much of the complexities I missed first time around.
    A bit like 'The Wire' in that sense.
    Bring on April!!!
  • AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New trailer! Can it be April yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warning: the latest 'awaken' trailer contains a major spoiler which book readers will probably see and others may notice. I'm surprised HBO took the risk.