Options

Ferguson Grand Jury Announcement within the hour

Comments

• Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    It's a pity people like you can't be placed in the police officer's shoes.

On paid leave for an indefinite period. Able to profit from a murder and above the law... What's so terrible about that position?
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I don't understand why the police officer didn't taser Brown (would've needed a high voltage though, seeing as Brown was 6 foot + & 20 stones +), I still support the officer & am pleased that he will not be taken to court over this; Michael Brown was a thug & his death is his own fault & he should've stayed away from criminality - if he'd behaved himself then he'd still be alive.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Children don't have much common sense.

And I'd have thought the ideal place for a child to play with their toys in relative safety would be a children's Playground. It doesn't take much common sense to work out that tgatvus what they tend to do there.

He was 12 though, so not exactly a young, toddler. At 12 years old, I knew that going out in public with what he went out with, isn't a wise idea. I also knew that if a police officer approached me and told me to put my hands up, I'd bloody well do it.

Also, it wasn't a toy gun, it was a BB gun, and looked ridiculously like a semi-automatic pistol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somner wrote: »
    What has being arrested got to do with anything? The officer gave his account, what else would be gained from arrested him?

A grand jury deemed that there was insufficient evidence to necessitate charging him. The end.
    Nope. The saga will continue because there are no criminal charges where the evidence is aired publicllly and justice can seen to be done.

Now that leaves the way open for an internal tribunal and criticism over the result of that and a civil trial, appeal...

And that is another good reason why there should have been a trial in the public interest.
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again blacks go on the rampage when a decision goes the way they do not like. That cop Wilson did the right thing, he was being threatened and stopped a thug in his tracks. Browne's fault was to threaten an armed policeman. Serves him right. In America they should know better. I'm behind the police on this one.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Tamir - he was not shooting the BB gun. The police are trained to deal with minors. He did not need to get shot.

I was brought up in the south and I have witnessed police brutality befall a black man where, in a similar scenario, a white man would not receive the same fate. If you believe that Darren was not heavy handed when approaching michael and his cousin, you're a fool. Period!

Darren lied. It's funny how he has no defensive wounds. Where there any cluster prints and finger prints where Michael grabbed at his weapon?

You can almost smell the agenda on some of the FMs on this case. I'll let y'all figure it out, it's not hard. I'm out!
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    To the poster asking about a injury to the right cheek, think about it. If you sit in your car, left hand seat, and turn to speak out of the window, like a police officer would do, you right cheek is actually more exposed than your left, the left cheek would be against the seat. If the person is holding something in his right hand, he may of struck with his left hand, thus hitting you on the right cheek. If he did strike with his right hand, he could still hit the right cheek, not a full blow, but maybe a glancing blow with a ring or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-police-shoot-dead-boy-12-holding-replica-183524381.html

"Our kids need to know that guns aren't toys," he said."
    "Williams said Monday that in the days to come, witnesses will be interviewed, video reviewed, forensic evidence examined and a statement taken from the officer concerned."

So again they aren't even bothering to interview the killer immediately. Justice?
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This goes far beyond the situation in Ferguson.

America has massive issues with regards to race, which continue to simmer beneath the surface.

Regardless of if he was right or wrong, if a black cop shoots a black teenager no one riots, no looting, no mass demonstrations across the country.

This will die down and in a few more years there will be another Rodney King, another Ferguson, the same issues will still be there.

America has a problem and it isn't going to go away.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Perhaps White people should go on the rampage whenever a Black person kills an unarmed White person.
    A teenager who shot dead two British tourists on holiday in Florida will spend his life in prison after he was convicted of two counts of murder.
    A jury in Sarasota took just two hours to decide that Shawn Tyson, 17, killed James Cooper, 25, and James Kouzaris, 24, after they strayed into a rundown area of the city after a night out last April.
    Tyson, who bragged to friends about shooting the pair because they refused to give him money, received a mandatory life term with no possibility of parole from circuit court judge Rick De Furia.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Re Tamir - he was not shooting the BB gun. The police are trained to deal with minors. He did not need to get shot.

I was brought up in the south and I have witnessed police brutality befall a black man where, in a similar scenario, a white man would not receive the same fate. If you believe that Darren was not heavy handed when approaching michael and his cousin, you're a fool. Period!

Darren lied. It's funny how he has no defensive wounds. Where there any cluster prints and finger prints where Michael grabbed at his weapon?

You can almost smell the agenda on some of the FMs on this case. I'll let y'all figure it out, it's not hard. I'm out!

Yes you would have received the same fate. It's nothing to do with black and white.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people have their heads in the sand regarding a serious social issue-

Black people did not go on a rampage, they went on a protest which unfortunately turned to violence.

Please do not pretend that when white folk protest about issues important to them that they do not sometimes end in violence, you'll end up looking stupid.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why people have their heads in the sand regarding a serious social issue-

Black people did not go on a rampage, they went on a protest which unfortunately turned to violence.

Please do not pretend that when white folk protest about issues important to them that they do not sometimes end in violence, you'll end up looking stupid.

They went on a rampage. Lets not sugar coat this eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    el_bardos wrote: »
    IUltimately it's a catch 22. The black community have decided that the officer is guilty regardless of evidence so allowing them to decide the officers fate doesn't seem likely to result in a fair outcome, but equally there will be an assumption of a whitewash if they don't.....

How is demanding a fair investigation and trial of killings suddenly sn assumption of guilt?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30203526
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    How is demanding a fair investigation and trial of killings suddenly sn assumption of guilt?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30203526
    There has been an investigation and a judgement by a grand jury that there is no case to answer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let it be known that the Missouri protest was peaceful. Unfortunately, sensitive issues tend to attract people who are bent on destruction and some heavy handed police.

I remember a peaceful protest, in London, that turned violent when some of the police started beating up on the protesters with their batons. The police are not saints.

People of all races across America are protesting this.

Darren W may or may not be a racist, and his actions may not be borne from a racist attitude, but there is a race problem in the police institution. To deny that fact is crazy.

side question: Was that cop who beat up on the black woman on the Cali freeway charged?

I think there are a lot of Authoritarian personalities on this thread. I wonder how they would have done on milgram's study. #musing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    el_bardos wrote: »
    Is there any reason to believe it's not been carried out in the same way as for any other criminal investigation and that people are lying about the findings?
    1) because police investigate police and that is a conflict of interest. So in cases involving police violence should be more stringent in bringing cases to trial rather than less as is the current set up.

2) because the police are part of the justice system which is therefore biased in their favour

3) because as in the case of the shooting of the child (and cases in the UK) police who kill or attack civilians are allowed to conspire before being questioned which is stacking investigations in their favour before they even begun

4)because the prosecutor made ststements in favour of the possible defendant which casts doubt on whether anybody in the court adequately (or even at all) represented for the victim and his family

5) because they attempted to avoid evidence out before the public

6) because of a history and pattern of covering up police misconduct
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I simply don't find Wilson's story credible. Brown attacks a policeman in his car after being shouted at for jaywalking? Then runs away, stops, turns back and continues to charge at an armed policeman even after being hit? I don't believe you can blame cannabis in his system for his behaviour, and no one has suggested suicide by cop, so the story simply doesn't make sense, unless of course it just isn't true.
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    I simply don't find Wilson's story credible. Brown attacks a policeman in his car after being shouted at for jaywalking? Then runs away, stops, turns back and continues to charge at an armed policeman even after being hit? I don't believe you can blame cannabis in his system for his behaviour, and no one has suggested suicide by cop, so the story simply doesn't make sense, unless of course it just isn't true.

This eyewitness was unwittingly recorded.

"“How’d he get from there to here?” a bystander asked a man who reportedly saw Wilson shoot Brown. The witness is heard telling the bystander that Brown ran.

“He was like, over the truck, [garbled] so then he ran," the witness said when asked why Brown ran in a certain direction. "Police got out, and ran after him,” the witness added.

“Next thing I know he’s coming back towards the police," the witness said. "The police had his gun drawn on him."

“Police kept dumping on him, I’m thinking that the police missed him,” he continued. The witness said he heard “at least five shots” being fired.

“I think…dude start running, kept coming toward the police," the witness added.

http://www.examiner.com/article/unwitting-eyewitness-michael-brown-doubled-back-charged-at-officer

Also,
    "The most credible eyewitnesses to the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., said he had charged toward Police Officer Darren Wilson just before the final, fatal shots, the St. Louis County prosecutor said Monday night as he sought to explain why a grand jury had not found probable cause to indict the officer.

The accounts of several other witnesses from the Ferguson neighborhood where Mr. Brown, 18 and unarmed, met his death on Aug. 9 — including those who said Mr. Brown was trying to surrender — changed over time or were inconsistent with physical evidence, the prosecutor, Robert P. McCulloch, said in a news conference."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us/witnesses-told-grand-jury-that-michael-brown-charged-at-darren-wilson-prosecutor-says.html?_r=0
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the organisers of the protests is being interviewed on SKY and has freely admitted that he has not yet got round to reading the testimony from the Grand jury. The interviewer did not take the opportunity to point out that it might have been better to at least read the facts ad then reach a conclusion before protesting
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the organisers of the protests is being interviewed on SKY and has freely admitted that he has not yet got round to reading the testimony from the Grand jury. The interviewer did not take the opportunity to point out that it might have been better to at least read the facts ad then reach a conclusion before protesting

It's well over 5,000 pages long, including expert medical, microscopic, forensic analysis. Not a single person involved in the first night of riots could've possibly read and comprehended it. I doubt even now anyone has really read it fully.
  • Options
    MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also , looking at today's footage the guy who set the cop car on fire was a young white guy and he was caught and held for a minute or so by the peacefully pretesting black guys, who tried without success to get the cops to arrest him.
  • Options
    ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I don't understand why the police officer didn't taser Brown (would've needed a high voltage though, seeing as Brown was 6 foot + & 20 stones +), I still support the officer & am pleased that he will not be taken to court over this; Michael Brown was a thug & his death is his own fault & he should've stayed away from criminality - if he'd behaved himself then he'd still be alive.

Absolutely agree, another thug who had robbed a store atracked a police officer in a car while trying to steal his gun, and then instead of running away charges at the officer knowing he had a gun.

Deserves everything he got
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It would seem most journalists on radio and TV haven't read it.

Disgraceful.