Mrs Doubtfire 2 - What do you think the story was going to be?

ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So as we all know, Mrs Doubtfire 2 was announced shortly before the unfortunate death of Robin Williams, meaning the film will (hopefully) not be made now.

What do you think the story was going to be?

I think the story should have been:

Daniel is a grandfather, and loves his grandkids. Unfortunately due to an accident when taking Chris' kids to the park, he loses one of the kids. The kid is found safe and well, but Chris' wife decides enough is enough and refuses to let Daniel look after his grandkids anymore. Chris is unhappy about it, but can't please both his wife and his dad. Until he comes up with the perfect plan ... we need to bring back Mrs Doubtfire!

The rest of the film will be the usual, Mrs Doubtfire gets to be with his grandkids and is having a great time, whilst trying to keep his secret.

In a subplot, Lydia and Natalie allow their kids to spend time with Mrs Doubtfire too, knowing her secret but knowing how much they loved time with her as kids. There can be a story arc here too but cant think of any.

I also cant think of how the film would end.

Would you have a different plot? Would you like to add to mine?

Comments

• bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this never, ever, ever gets made. Even if Mr Williams had been alive, a 2nd Mrs Doubtfire was an atrocious idea.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it never got made even if Williams hadn't died. It would of been another classic childhood movie of mine spoiled by a 20 year later shitty sequel.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this never, ever, ever gets made. Even if Mr Williams had been alive, a 2nd Mrs Doubtfire was an atrocious idea.

It's clear the only reason Williams was even considering it was his financial troubles.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was a terrible film.
    Probably the WORST film I have ever been unfortunate to see.
    It was ROBIN WILLIAMS FFS !
    I could see it was him. Everyone could see it was him.
    Why couldn't HIS WIFE !! See it was him ??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    It would never have happened.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Robin obviously had financial troubles, but I don't thin he would have done a Mrs Doubtfire sequel unless he was completely happy with the story. Apparently he had been approached with a story many times, but he didn't like it. They had to keep going back and re-doing the story, and eventually they came up with something that he was happy with. The story involved Mrs Dobtfire moving closer to his daughter's college to keep an eye on her. They had the story, but apparently he didn't like any of the scripts.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I thought this was a terrible film.
    Probably the WORST film I have ever been unfortunate to see.
    It was ROBIN WILLIAMS FFS !
    I could see it was him. Everyone could see it was him.
    Why couldn't HIS WIFE !! See it was him ??

Get out, and mind the door doesn't hit you on the way out :o
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Robin obviously had financial troubles, but I don't thin he would have done a Mrs Doubtfire sequel unless he was completely happy with the story. Apparently he had been approached with a story many times, but he didn't like it. They had to keep going back and re-doing the story, and eventually they came up with something that he was happy with. The story involved Mrs Dobtfire moving closer to his daughter's college to keep an eye on her. They had the story, but apparently he didn't like any of the scripts.

That must have been an old script - the actress that played his daughter is 27 now.

If I was making the film I would make a serious drama on the aftermath of his actions in the first. :D