Options

Please can someone tell me when we are getting rid of Nick Cotton

katyb0408katyb0408 Posts: 1,142
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was so excited about eastenders at Christmas and had begun to look forward to watching it again. This latest twist however has ruined it! Nick Cotton is an awful character played by a TERRIBLE a actor and this whole framing phil story makes me want to poke my eyes out! I don't much care for phil but I HATE nick and whatever Charlie's mum is called.

Is Nick off soon? When does Phils name get cleared? I need to know how long to stop watching it for!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be gone forever on the 30th Anniversary :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's bad and such a stupid cover for Steve McFadden panto leave.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful , dreadful actor . Cant bear to watch his nonsense
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has John Altman appeared in anything other than EE? Seems like he comes scraping every 5 years to reprise Nick.

Haven't even seen him on the usual go-to shows for ex-Eastenders like Doctors, Casualty and Holby.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think i'm the only one who likes Nick.

He looks as though he has softened a bit. I like that.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Think i'm the only one who likes Nick.

He looks as though he has softened a bit. I like that.

Softened to causing a death and serious harm ?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Nick! His scenes are great, and old school EastEnders!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I think it will rumble on til the 30th and I think maybe Charlie and Phil will team up and kill him after discovering the truth.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think nick is a goner for sure. However I am enjoying this storyline
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,312
    Forum Member
    I think nick is a goner for sure. However I am enjoying this storyline

He just makes me laugh. Loathed him so much in his last stint but he has been much better in this one :D
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    I like Nick! His scenes are great, and old school EastEnders!:)

No it isn't. You clearly never watched old school EastEnders if you think this panto rubbish bears any resemblance to the classic EastEnders of the early years. Nick was never a good actor but his acting now is so bad he wouldn't even get a part in the local AmDram.
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. He's rubbish now and always has been.

What exactly does he plan to do now he has the baby? Stupid story line.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A quick check on Wiki confirms that other than a handful of minor roles in TV/films, he doesn't seem to do much, and has become a reality TV regular.

This surprises me. I had thought he'd have been doing theatre in between stints on EE. This does explain the decline in his acting though (he wasn't AWFUL in the early days)
    He simply isn't acting much any more.

I can't stand him on EE & he's even making me find Dot an irritant which I'm sad to say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is early Nick Cotton: http://youtu.be/kDwM65Aemso
    Compare with the Pantone act we get now. Unbelievable.:o
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    I have to disagree Nick makes me laugh and his lines are hilarious. He is classic Eastenders.
  • Options
    katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is terrible! Needs to be killed off
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    King Nick does not simply leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    I have to disagree Nick makes me laugh and his lines are hilarious. He is classic Eastenders.

Where has this recon rubbish about Nick panto acting being classic EastEnders come from? This is appallingly bad acting/storytelling being used to fulfill some strand in 30th anniversary. It's more crossroads than classic EastEnders.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list who can't wait to see the back of Nick Cotton. The acting is more wooden than my garden fence. In fact my garden fence could play the part infinitely better.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Where has this recon rubbish about Nick panto acting being classic EastEnders come from? This is appallingly bad acting/storytelling being used to fulfill some strand in 30th anniversary. It's more crossroads than classic EastEnders.

Apart from the dodgy acting the entire storyline is stupid & is the reason why (unlike most) I'm not a member of the Charlie Cotton fan club. When he arrived he seemed a little dodgy & mysterious & therefore a bit intriguing. But once the stupid "fake death" plot got going & nick arrived the whole thing got farcical.
    The idea tht Dot, Charlie & the Mitchell's would harbour Charlie to slob about in her house for months on end is frankly ridiculous. I almost admire Ronnie for suggesting Phil got rid of him.
    The New years day crash episode and immediate aftermath was good, but I don't much like simpering Charlie & nick has more than outstayed his welcome now. Why didn't he bugger off after the crash with the money? It's stretching credulity now (even more than before). This is not a good plot to start a new year on.
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    Do you think Eastenders will have the gall to kill off Nick?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Apart from the dodgy acting the entire storyline is stupid & is the reason why (unlike most) I'm not a member of the Charlie Cotton fan club. When he arrived he seemed a little dodgy & mysterious & therefore a bit intriguing. But once the stupid "fake death" plot got going & nick arrived the whole thing got farcical.
    The idea tht Dot, Charlie & the Mitchell's would harbour Charlie to slob about in her house for months on end is frankly ridiculous. I almost admire Ronnie for suggesting Phil got rid of him.
    The New years day crash episode and immediate aftermath was good, but I don't much like simpering Charlie & nick has more than outstayed his welcome now. Why didn't he bugger off after the crash with the money? It's stretching credulity now (even more than before). This is not a good plot to start a new year on.

Spot on. It is frankly shocking that you've got a band of folks praising this nonsense yet complaining about Carter storylines over christmas. Sublime to the ridiclous moving from Tim to John in terms of character acting.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »

Nick has always been like this even during his original stints. He isn't grumpy and up tight like Phil and the other Eastenders hardmen. He's entertaining and makes you laugh with his lines.
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's so ridiculous that so many people know that Nick is alive and living at Dot's house... the plot has jumped the shark
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »
    Do you think Eastenders will have the gall to kill off Nick?

Yep, and Yvonne and or Ronnie will be the one's to do it .and cover it up].

Maybe even Charlie if things continue getting ugly between father and son after tonight's episode.