Options

The cast of Corrie have it easier then Eastenders

Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Eastenders characters are worked hard as actors, Characters on Corrie just exist and not live.. Sick of all the characters on Corrie just being there for the sake of it just because they have clocked up a few years..very boring stuff

Comments

• Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    Eastenders characters are worked hard as actors, Characters on Corrie just exist and not live.. Sick of all the characters on Corrie just being there for the sake of it just because they have clocked up a few years..very boring stuff

What????
    They , and all soap actors, work very hard, and very long hours.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree OP Well said! they get an easy ride!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well this is one weird thread!
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »

Why weird?
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oops duplicate!
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its that time of night, time to enter the twilight zone.

I'd say they all work hard. I couldnt sit around for hours waiting I would die of boredom
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread makes no sense at all. :confused: Especially since CS churns out more episodes per week.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not necessarily, it's just DTC is making the most put of the cast, and we're seeing some
    very strong performances from everyone, whereas Stuart Blackburn couldn't care less!
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't they film additional episodes although EE runs for 27 min and CS and Em 24 per episode?
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    This thread makes no sense at all. :confused: Especially since CS churns out more episodes per week.

Exactly. There are some characters on Corrie that don't feature that much, generally the older ones but that is also true of EE. Try telling me they don't get their money's worth out of actors like Alison King and before they left Michelle Keegan and Chris Gascoyne. They had one high profile storyline after another with little respite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the likes of Michael Le Velll.. How can he call his job hard work?
  • Options
    Forum Member

What about John Altman? there is good and bad in all soaps as we all well know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about John Altman? there is good and bad in all soaps as we all well know.

John Altman maybe be a bad actor but they work him hard
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    John Altman maybe be a bad actor but they work him hard

This. He may do short stints but he does a lot of stuff in everyone of them. Corrie actors all have easy scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why not? He appears in scenes, he needs to be on set to film them just the same as any other actor. Also, whilst he may not currently be prominent, Kevin has been the centre of some huge storylines over the years with a lot of screen time and therefore filming time.

It's a large cast, of course at any one time some will be used more than others. Fatboy isn't exactly 'worked hard' compared to a character like Mick Carter is he.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    This. He may do short stints but he does a lot of stuff in everyone of them. Corrie actors all have easy scenes.

Easy as in?? I am really not getting this , they all act and all act hard .do you mean the comedy and humour? you think it is easier to act?? I would beg to differ.
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this some silly joke thread? All the actors in all soaps work hard!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

May i ask what your prrof of that is? What about someone like Alison King during Carla's rape storyline a couopke of years ago? She was carrying the main plot for several months loads of scenes with emotional, angsty subject matter.

There are loads od other examples too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Easy as in?? I am really not getting this , they all act and all act hard .do you mean the comedy and humour? you think it is easier to act?? I would beg to differ.

Completely agree.

That is what i think it must be as well, because there is more humour in Corrie and it sometimes has a slower 'feel' they assume it isn't such hard work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    May i ask what your prrof of that is? What about someone like Alison King during Carla's rape storyline a couopke of years ago? She was carrying the main plot for several months loads of scenes with emotional, angsty subject matter.

I agree about Carla she is practically holding the show on her own
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie has a different atmosphere altogether different from EE, I don't think anyone can dispute that all soaps work hard, but Corrie has a larger turnover of characters who have been there more then 10 + years then any other soap it keeps it's characters, some could say it's a bad or good thing, I don't think they necessarily have it easier either just nothing exactly going on atm.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well as previously mentioned, Peter and tina aso had multiple high profile, high volume stories.

Roy and Hayley did a lot in 2013 with the Cancer. The Platts also feature heavily, often with dramatic stuff. Steve's depression storyline isn't a laugh a minute and taking up a lot of screen time. The windasses over the last year have also had heavy storylines. What about Tyrone during the domestic violence story which lasted over a year? So that is about 20 actors 'working hard' listed just there.

Even the 'easy' scenes like the girls gossiping in the factory, they still take time to film and all those actresses (plus Sean) have to be there filming them all.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of characters in Eastenders "have it easy" by this logic. Jay, Blly, Massood, Tamwar, Lee, Fatboy, Whitney, Liam, Donna.
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.

I'm not a huge Corrie fan but they do have more episodes a week than EE so I wouldn't exactly say it's easier for them. If you mean because there aren't many big storylines going on atm then I see where you're coming from but it's not always been like that.

I wouldn't say they all "just exist and not live" either lol *dramatic*
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

Alison King is a very hard worker so I am not including her. The acting in Corrie is easy because it can be a very laid back show and lots of the scenes are sitting in the pub, the café, behind the machines in underworld etc. Eastenders however has lots of shouting and drama which would be harder work for the actors.