Options

Smart Series links?

2»

Comments

• Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone experiencing issues with Serise Links and TVGuide listing not populating set the Sky boxes standby mode to ECO if your box supports this. You can do this at OPTIONS > SKY+ SETUP.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon194 wrote: »
    I'm not very impressed either. So far not one series link has resumed after the Christmas break.

I agree. I have had to set up more so far than I did with the old unsmart version.

Are we doing something wrong here?
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed is whenever I add a new programme to the planner and hit series link, it says 'searching for series link info' for about twenty seconds, then says 'series link info not available, try again later'. If i then immediately try again it will find and add the link.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted. (Duplicate post made in error).
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've yet to see any evidence of this actually working, if anything it's worse than it was before.
  • Options
    retrospekretrospek Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that this isn't working at all for me. in fact since Xmas it has got a lot worse for some reason..

I'm finding it just doesn't reliably link between programmes...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ditto - Smart Series Links is a dudd. It is linking nothing at all (just had to set up Scorpion on ITV 2 as that had not jumped 4/5 weeks like none of the Sky shows have over Christmas either).

These did at least jump 2/3 weeks in the past but I have seen no evidence yet that this is in any way an improvement and possibly a downgrade.

Virgin series links do work and even record stuff involving artists and the like that you can set up months earlier.

Sky need a rethink here I fear.
  • Options
    tvsatweektvsatweek Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently you have to of deleted them from the old epg and re enter them again on the new epg other wise it will keep remembering from the old epg when you started it hope this make sense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvsatweek wrote: »
    Apparently you have to of deleted them from the old epg and re enter them again on the new epg other wise it will keep remembering from the old epg when you started it hope this make sense

Nope, as long as your box was running the R010 software when the last episode of the previous series was broadcast. And you box had that last serise on series link and successfully recorded it, then the box should pick up the new series.
  • Options
    scepticsceptic Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    ... then the box should pick up the new series.

Should being very much the key word in that sentence! :)
  • Options
    rikoriko Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with the others on this thread that smart series links do not seem to be working at all. So far everything that finished before Christmas has had to be reset. My box was definately on R10. latest example is Hawaii 5-0 that starts again this Sunday but has failed to re-add itself to the planner.
  • Options
    aerofly2aerofly2 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've now become totally dissolutioned with the so called "Smart" series links. Several of my favourite (and previously linked) series have now restarted or are due to restart with NOT ONE new link added to my planner :(
    I've now settled on using the very useful "Sky Never Miss" service which, i must admit takes a while to sort with all my favourite shows (and movies), but hasn't missed a thing so far, and always gives me a week or so's notice of upcoming programmes.

Smart Series Links............not been very Smart yet!:(
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aerofly2 wrote: »
    Well, I've now become totally dissolutioned with the so called "Smart" series links. Several of my favourite (and previously linked) series have now restarted or are due to restart with NOT ONE new link added to my planner :(

Smart Series Links............not been very Smart yet!:(

Pretty much the same experience as I have had. Seems like a rather useless feature if my experience is anything to go on.
  • Options
    simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvsatweek wrote: »

I remember that being mentioned when the R010 software was rolled out so I did reset my series links but so far not one pre - Christmas programme has reappeared.

I'm going to see if Hawaii 5-O shows up on it's own before Sunday but I doubt it will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone experiencing issues with Serise Links and TVGuide listing not populating set the Sky boxes standby mode to ECO if your box supports this. You can do this at OPTIONS > SKY+ SETUP.

My box's standby mode is set to ECO so it doesn't look like a solution to the series link problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive heard that a new software update is coming to our boxes at the end of March to April time to fix this series link problem
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon194 wrote: »
    I remember that being mentioned when the R010 software was rolled out so I did reset my series links but so far not one pre - Christmas programme has reappeared.

I'm going to see if Hawaii 5-O shows up on it's own before Sunday but I doubt it will.
    The serise link issue with Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS: Los Angeles was at Sky's end, this is now resolved so your box should pick it up automatically.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The serise link issue with Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS: Los Angeles was at Sky's end, this is now resolved so your box should pick it up automatically.

So I noticed this evening but will my remaining pre - Christmas series links on non - Sky channels work? So far this only makes 2 out of 6 that have actually worked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of next week's returning series post Christmas - all on Sky channels - have returned. Had to be entered manually. So this is obviously a dead duck.

Presumably related to the more serious issues with series link that some are getting and Sky have accepted to be real where even after you enter a link it fails to update next week.

They are working on a fix it seems, but was this smart series link road tested given its obvious big problems?
  • Options
    rikoriko Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering if Elementary has re-added itself for anyone? I had it linked before it went off for Christmas but it has not reappeared on its own. Got the full guide as far as I can tell. No issues with other series links for next week.
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    riko wrote: »
    Just wondering if Elementary has re-added itself for anyone? I had it linked before it went off for Christmas but it has not reappeared on its own. Got the full guide as far as I can tell. No issues with other series links for next week.

Hasn't for me but the programs last week only came through several days after Sky changed something their end, then I ended up with The Walking dead in about 4 different time slots.

Makes me wonder if Sky had to manually push them out and it isn't working automatically.
  • Options
    Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    riko wrote: »

Elementry wasn't added on my second box, but I did get the Sky never miss text so was able to add it manually.

Had to add The Walking Dead manually too, but Fox seem to have dropped the 'New' from the title so was placed in the EPG out of the stack. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Sky should ask Virgin what they do on Tivo.

Nothing at all on our Sky HD has returned after any kind of break since the new software was fitted and some shows (especially ITV) are jumping to repeats not next new (though I expect that is ITVs fault given how poor they are at everything else these days).

We are having to keep a very careful watch on when shows return and set them manually. Which is actually worse than before we had a 'smart' link.

Meanwhile our Tivo just recalled that we recorded the last series of Brain Games many months ago and has automatically set to record the new series (that I had no idea was coming) two weeks from now since Virgin's EPG goes two weeks ahead not one.

THAT is how I expected Sky's smart series links to work but it is being made to look a right dummy instead by Tivo.

Hopefully, Sky are indeed putting this right with an update soon as suggested above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deacon1972 wrote: »
    Elementry wasn't added on my second box, but I did get the Sky never miss text so was able to add it manually.

Had to add The Walking Dead manually too, but Fox seem to have dropped the 'New' from the title so was placed in the EPG out of the stack. >:(

With the walking dead they need to put NEW: in the i for i for information so put NEW: Them - life on the road
  • Options
    Stephen93Stephen93 Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my box set walking dead for ep.9 series 5, it's recorded the same episode 4 times at different times of the day.