Options

TBN UK to start on channel number 65.

2»

Comments

• Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was at work last night, put it on in the tv in the break room whilst on break and the epg said TBN Play but they were showing Joyce Meyer!

Also noticed the &00 Club in the epg, how many different channels has that been shown on over here now?? Seems to pop up everywhere.
  • Options
    epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may switch TBN Europe feed over to TBN UK overnight.
    No, Sky still has TBN Europe.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Was at work last night, put it on in the tv in the break room whilst on break and the epg said TBN Play but they were showing Joyce Meyer!
    Yes, the EPG isn't perfect and doesn't show any details at all for midnight to 11.30am, despite programming continuing. It seems to be mostly TBN Play during this time, which is great - OK, nothing you can't get on Youtube, but it's good to be able to put it on and just let it play.
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Yes, the EPG isn't perfect and doesn't show any details at all for midnight to 11.30am, despite programming continuing.
    For each day my EPG says 'Programmes start today at 11:30am'. Never though to query it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epg now has programmes listed through the night to 6.00am, and 'programmes start at 11.30" from 6.00 to 11.30.
  • Options
    Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,497
    Forum Member
    etldlrl wrote: »
    I don't know for certain, but I believe that this sort of American style begging for cash may well be completely prohibited in the UK. I am petty sure that I remember assurances to that effect being given around the time that Premier Radio was licensed and I very much hope that this is the case. Quite apart from anything else, it is demeaning to religion for people to be seen to behave like that.
    God TV have 'Mission Week' every so often which is essentially them asking for money to continue broadcasting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God TV have 'Mission Week' every so often which is essentially them asking for money to continue broadcasting
    I would be surprised if we see anything like that on TBN. If you compare with Premier Radio and UCB, for example, they do appeal for money, but only to registered supporters, not on the air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epg now has programmes listed through the night to 6.00am, and 'programmes start at 11.30" from 6.00 to 11.30.
    Now showing programmes for the whole day tomorrow.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are the only channel playing music videos at midnight as 4Music and VIVA don't.
  • Options
    wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be surprised if we see anything like that on TBN. If you compare with Premier Radio and UCB, for example, they do appeal for money, but only to registered supporters, not on the air.

Premier appeals for money from its listeners usually over a week. It did so late last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has anyone spotted any of the clips from the promo film in the actual programming?
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is TBN europe different to the uk one as i dont have a tv aerial i only have sky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is TBN europe different to the uk one as i dont have a tv aerial i only have sky.
    Yes, completely different schedule. At first glance I couldn't even find any programmes in common but there probably are some.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we no what channel has the 2 night each fortnight yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, no idea what you're talking about
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kasg. Gutted but hey ho will have to make do with the Europe version then.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised they took up a channel slot with this. Most people in the UK aren't even religious these days. A waste of a TV channel if you ask me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul237 wrote: »
    I'm surprised they took up a channel slot with this. Most people in the UK aren't even religious these days. A waste of a TV channel if you ask me!
    That's your opinion but I think you will find that there is a larger market than you imagine. I think it's one of the best new channels to come to Freeview for a long time. Also, it is specifically a Christian channel, not a religious channel. Christianity has nothing to do with being religious. End of sermon!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member

I finally got around to deleting this channel, and a couple of other unwanted ones that had either appeared recently or had been missed in the last cull.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it similar to the hour of power, I last saw when Sky was free, that's a while back,Sky is still free to me, I don't subscribe:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, completely different schedule. At first glance I couldn't even find any programmes in common but there probably are some.

Indeed there are. 700 club, Enjoying Everyday Life, Auto B Good, John Hagee and Kerry Shook to name but a few. However one show I noticed, hidden away at 8am on a Saturday morning on the Europe version, but nowhere to be found on the UK one, is..........Lassie! Watched it this morning, dunno if they got hold of new prints or whether it's ever been remastered but it was dated 1959 and the picture quality was way better than a lot of fifties re-runs I've seen.
  • Options
    ClusterbombedClusterbombed Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Christianity has nothing to do with being religious.

:o:o:o
  • Options
    etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member

The less religious we are the more they will want to broadcast at us. They see it as an opportunity. They may be disappointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epg still wrong in places. Last night when TBN Play ended at 8.00pm, the schedule said 8-8.30 God's Generals, followed by Enjoying Everyday Life from 8.30-9. Instead of which, at 8.00pm they put a movie on! Later in the week at midnight it says 'programmes start at 11.30', but listings then resume at 6.00am!
  • Options
    etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member
    Epg still wrong in places.

Thank goodness for that. I was wondering who Lord Uk is.