Options

Can't record interactive

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
Forum Member
I'm pretty sure that my SKy+ has updated to the new software (what is the new version so I can check) but when I try and record interactive TV I get a message saying "This screen cannot be recorded".

Why does it do this? :mad:

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the new software changed the recording of interactive but it is one of the rumours for the next software download.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    According to http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds15034.html, this feature has been included in the latest software update. However, as I understand it, you can only record scheduled interactive programmes, such as certain sports events.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    So we cannot record Olympic Games interactive coverage on BBC or Football First Match Choice on Sky Sports??
  • Options
    LaggyLaggy Posts: 3,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noted wrote:
    So we cannot record Olympic Games interactive coverage on BBC or Football First Match Choice on Sky Sports??

Because they are not scheduled in the epg. As I understand it the ability to record interactive streams has been activated (when scheduled in the epg) however the software to schedule interactive streams in the epg hasn't yet been implimented. Actually that sounds a bit irish - I don't really know for sure though. :confused:
  • Options
    james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim55 wrote:
    Because they are not scheduled in the epg. As I understand it the ability to record interactive streams has been activated (when scheduled in the epg) however the software to schedule interactive streams in the epg hasn't yet been implimented. Actually that sounds a bit irish - I don't really know for sure though. :confused:

I wouldn't worry too much about that sounding oirish, we know what you mean.

I think that once Sky have fully downloaded the new s/ware, it will be possible to record your choice of football match on FootballFirst. Obviously to do this, somekind of mini EPG would have to be implemented once you pressed the record button to set the programme up in advance. This has been mentioned before.

It's typical of Sky to miss the opportunity to implement this new function last Saturday on the first day of the Premiership season.

Now that is Oirish !!!

Regards James
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe it will only be accessible on the V3 box?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    nope, i have Amstrad box and cant record interactive highlights of the "Mighty Birmingham City"

One of the main reasons i got Sky+ was to do this

when i called them to complain they said " you should have been told when you ordered" as thogh they were reading it off a bit of paper.......poorly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why did you say no (nope)

the V3 box isn't the Amstrad it is the Thompson 160Gb box out in October.

The ability to record interactive is rumoured to be in the next software update.

What annoyed me is that they did not rotate the default match, the most logical reason for this is that cable can not get interactive.

And Birmingham City and Mighty should never be linked in such a manner
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Hi, all does anybody know how to set up so I can watch sport interactive, some football is shown on this channel only. My telephone lead goes to the router and the input for phone line in sky box does not take the smaller connector. Sorry if it's a dumb question but looked on internet and cannot find the answer.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    You need an Ethernet lead from the router to the Ethernet input on the Sky box, nothing to do with phone leads.
    If you have a recent box you may be able to do it wirelessly, either using the built-in hardware on the most recent boxes, or with an external wireless adapter from Sky.
    Ethernet connection is best if you can physically do it though.
    The connectors on Ethernet leads are very similar looking to those on phone leads, but are slightly larger.
    Maplins or any other electronics shop will be able to sell you an Ethernet lead of the required length.
    When you've connected the lead between the router and the Sky box (make sure you put it into the right socket on the box, don't try to force it into the phone socket!) if it doesn't all come to life automatically (re-boot the router and the Sky box after you've connected the lead) come back and let us know.
    :)
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are aware you've bumped a ten and a half year old thread to ask a question which, IMHO, has little to do with the original discussion or problem?? :confused:
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    To be fair to tellyviewer, he can't record interactive content, so he presumably did think the thread was relevant, despite the fact that the reason he can't is because it isn't connected rather than due to a fault!
    I do agree that it would have been better to start a new thread though rather than "necroposting"!
    :)