itunes help-im such an idiot!!

Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi i wonder if anyone can help me as i think ive possibly done something really stupid!!

I have purchased over the years hundreds of songs via itunes (both on laptop and iphone/ipod touch) i made sure i synced all my music regular so it was in my library but i hardly ever back up!

My laptop has been in for repair recently and currys have decided to write it off so im now not able to back up my itunes (should havd done it before i sent it i know)

Anyway i didnt panic as thought i was backed upto icloud!

On sunday i traded in my iphone and got a android phone instead stupidly not realising that by doing that i have now lost most of my music (i do have some on my ipod touch but nothing recent as i hadnt synced it!)

So now im left without the laptop with my songs on and no iphone either (which i used often to buy music from the itunes store!)

Does anyone know if there is a way to recover these songs?? Ive put itunes on our other laptop but it wont let md recover purchased songs!

My husband has iphone that is linked to my account so didnt know if i could recover via this!

Any help would be great!! next trauma will bd trying to transfer music to my android phone!!

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    transferring music to android will be a doddle compared to this.

i don't really know enough about itunes to help you i'm afraid. but what i would say in respect of computers in general. you need to get the computer, or at least the hard disk back from currys. you can recover all your files from it.
  • Joolz1975Joolz1975 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

i don't really know enough about itunes to help you i'm afraid. but what i would say in respect of computers in general. you need to get the computer, or at least the hard disk back from currys. you can recover all your files from it.

I cant the hard disk is buggered apparantly, theyve tried to reciver it for me but not been able to.

Im not bothered about music i put on via cd as i can just put it all back on but gutted that ive possibly lost all my purchased music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

Ps any tips on the transfer of music to my android??
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    to copy your music to the android phone you literally just copy it to the memory card.

i'm not convinced by what currys are telling you. if the hard disk is buggered they would not write it off, they would put a new hard disk in. costs about 50-70 quid. to write it off it would need to be more damaged than that. did you set fire to it?

there are apps that claim to be able to recover music from your iphone like http://www.dupercopy.com/ but i really don't know enough to recommend anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its because its had 3 repairs in 12 months(more actually) so not cost effective to carry on repairing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Hi there,
    Don't know if this will help but a quick google found this:

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/yes-you-can-download-all-of-your-itunes-purchases-again/

Haven't tried it myself mind you
    Ed
  • Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just log into itunes, go to your purchased apps and look for ones not downloaded to your pc and download them, will take a while if you have lots.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Log into your iTunes account on your computer. Authorise that computer to play those songs. Then email Apple support and explain your computer crashed and you've lost everything. They will usually make your music available to you to re-download on 1 occasion only, and they'll remind you you should have kept a backup.

Hope this helps!
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    edgayton wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Don't know if this will help but a quick google found this:

http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/yes-you-can-download-all-of-your-itunes-purchases-again/

Haven't tried it myself mind you
    Ed

That works.

Go to the Homepage of the iTunes store.

Under Quick Links on the right it says "Purchased" with a NEW symbol.

You can then choose to view by stuff that's on your computer or not.

Click the icon with the downward arrow to Download again.

Simples.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    That works.

Go to the Homepage of the iTunes store.

Under Quick Links on the right it says "Purchased" with a NEW symbol.

You can then choose to view by stuff that's on your computer or not.

Click the icon with the downward arrow to Download again.

Simples.

Thanks so much everyone for the help, tried this and it works so panic over!!

Thanks again!
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back up back up back up
  • GetFrodoGetFrodo Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone clarify - if you buy stuff on itunes with a certain apple account, can you not re-download that stuff at any time for free, providing you are using the same account? Or is it limited to a specific computer or portable device?

I've certainly managed to re-download apps without issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will definatly back up!!

Ive been able to do it as my husband has iphone so tried the suggestion that someone mentioned and it worked, but on my other laptop i put itunes on and it only gave me option to transfer purchases from my device (which i no longer had)

If id not got use of hubbys iphone to try and get them back im not sure what i would have been able to try instead!

Anyway panic over currys are giving me a voucher code for a new laptop and im rid of my iphone at last!!