The Best Pre Made Pizza?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

After visiting a thread where Dr. Oetker Pizza's where getting a lot of love I was wondering what everyone fave pizza is if they don't want to be bothered with homemade?

My personal fave's were Co-op's limited edition Truly Irresistible fresh stonebaked pizza's they used to sell (still might to be honest).

They used to do some very nice combinations;

Mozzarella and Basil Pesto
Chicken Cesar
American Hot Dog
Pastrami and Gerkin with Mustard
Chilli Beef

The quality of these pizzas was fantastic and I've even bigged them up that much I might have to nip to my local Co-op and see if there's any in stock!!

So that's my fave bought in Pizza! Whats yours?

Comments

• littlefrolittlefro Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've graduated from Dr Oetker. I like Pizza Express's Sloppy Guissepi. But, I only have one when Tesco do the half price drop.
  • The PopeThe Pope Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Asda custom made pizzas. Stone-bake base, pepperoni, mozzarella, extra cheddar, jalapeño, garlic oil.
  • Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    The Pope wrote: »
    Asda custom made pizzas. Stone-bake base, pepperoni, mozzarella, extra cheddar, jalapeño, garlic oil.

I also think that Asda do the the best pizza, especially the stone-bake base. Your one sounds fine, but I'd have the chilli oil instead. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Asda thin and crIspy create your own : Spicy chicken , jalapeños , sweet corn and mozarella slices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thin & crispy Asda American Sizzler is my favourite.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for asda I like the Americano hot!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Another vote for asda I like the Americano hot!
    Now renamed the American Sizzler. Gotta love those Jalapenos and the spicy Beef. :)
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bowland37 wrote: »
    Now renamed the American Sizzler. Gotta love those Jalapenos and the spicy Beef. :)

Ohhh is it? Haven't had one in ages....must try that soon!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't like pre-made pizza so much as the bases are more like pastry or dense bread rather than pizza dough.

If I do get them I usually go for stonebaked.
    Not sure they still do them but i used to like ALDI chicken and spinach stonebaked.
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicago Town stuffed crust pepperoni.

Yum.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the Pizza Express ready made ones....also for deep pan my favourite are the Goodfellas ones, they do great stone-baked ones too but I find the Pizza Express ones taste 'fresher'...or if I'm feeling a little trashy I also really like the Chicago Town deep dish pizzas...they're really quick to make and taste nice to me anyway...:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    But the Pizza Express ones are normally upwards of £4 each! You can go in a Pizza Express store and get 2 for £10. Like most people here I like the Asda made in store pizzas any toppings you want and great value at 2 for £4,
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    misha06 wrote: »

Yum.

This. Although I do find they burn the roof of your mouth sometimes.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the Pizza Express ones are normally upwards of £4 each! You can go in a Pizza Express store and get 2 for £10. Like most people here I like the Asda made in store pizzas any toppings you want and great value at 2 for £4,

The Pizza Express from the box was nicer than the one I got in the restaurant lol
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waitrose Calabria pizza: lovely stonebaked base, good quality mozzarella, excellent salami, caramelised red onion, and fig puree. Gorgeous! Costs a fiver but is quite big. http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-58023-Waitrose+calabria+pizza
  • TrevTrev Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have not had anything yet that beats Marks & Spencers range of pizza's. Especially the Hickory Steak Pizza.
  • Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trev wrote: »
    We have not had anything yet that beats Marks & Spencers range of pizza's. Especially the Hickory Steak Pizza.

I agree, really delicious. I don't like asda pizzas as the base tastes more bready rather than an authentic stone baked base. I don't like the cheese they use either. Pizza express ones aren't bad, though I normally buy a margherita and then add torn basil leaves, chilli flakes and smoked ham and then drizzle with a little olive oil.
  • peacelilypeacelily Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Co-op Italian thin crust are surprisingly good. If not M & S.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The meat counter at my local Sainsbury's make some good pizzas to order, and if you want they'll cook it for you too. I assume it's a standard service at their other supermarkets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asda's fresh pizza's are delicious. Aldi do some really decent frozen pizza's though, and really cheap too!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misha06 wrote: »

Yum.
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    This. Although I do find they burn the roof of your mouth sometimes.

I love these too. I had the cheese one the other day, and that was nice. I also like the chicken one, but Pepperoni is my ultimate fav. Im not so keen on the stuffed crust though. I wish it was a cheese stuffed crust as the sauce can get a little OTT after a while.
  • TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    Trev wrote: »

Marks used to do a delicious stonebaked pepperoni and chili pizza. I was bloody gutted when they discontinued it.
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised there's so much love for the Asda ones, I find the bases way too thick and doughy, even the thin and crispy one.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate all pre made pizza except chicago town. It rocks
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Goodfellas thin base and Chicago Town.