What is your highest snooker break

Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used to be a snooker fanatic years ago and managed to get a 133 break one night
so roll up roll up dont worry whats the highest you ever made

Comments

• Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,333,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    82.....used to be a decent enough league player back in my 20's. Can barely see the other end of the table these days mind 👓
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    82.....used to be a decent enough league player back in my 20's. Can barely see the other end of the table these days mind 👓

If you were Chinese that would be 182 TC :D
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Not played in years but I seem to remember (and it might have been sheer luck) ;) I got a break of 12....................
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am in the same boat these days my eyes are shot but it was good fun back in the day
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tempted to say 8...:p
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    32 for me
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    74 I think, missed an easy pink, should have been 87 :mad:

I don't play much any more, at least not on a full size table.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    9. Red, Black, Red....the 147 was there for the taking!
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes the eyesight certainly becomes an issue unfortunately :(

Best I ever got on a 12ft table was 56, got more on my 6ft table though (back in the day) ;-)

Haven't played much of late though and that along with my eyesight probably explains why I cant get much above 30 ish these days!
  • jake1981jake1981 Posts: 5,714
    Forum Member
    35 for me

Last red and black plus the colours including a blue on the cushion:)
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake1981 wrote: »
    35 for me

Last red and black plus the colours including a blue on the cushion:)

That's only impressive if you took it along the cushion and not doubled it :D
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    106 (*). I played more pool. 106 seems quite good but I just played a lot of snooker for 6 months then got back to playing pool more again. In general, I was pretty rubbish at the game. Some of the guys I played pool with played snooker too from an early age and were very good players and would make tons pretty regularly. One of the pool teams I played with were based in a snooker club so started playing around then.

I've played two world champions though, come to think of it. I suppose that's not bad.

*Edit - Had a think about this and my best in a competition was only 85. I had a couple over 100 in practice but we'd often chase a big break so to speak rather than playing a natural game where you are desperate to win the frame rather than going for everything in sight. So really 85 in a competitive environment.
  • DahuDahu Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I've played two world champions though, come to think of it. I suppose that's not bad.

Who were they?

I was well on for a 147 once a few years back but unfortunately I missed the first red.
    Forum Member
    Taylor and Dott. Taylor was about 60 though! I've known Graeme for years. We played in the same pool team for a while. A lot of the snooker pros play a bit of pool for the social side of it.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a full size table, 1.
  • Daniel_GleeballDaniel_Gleeball Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    43. Bored every one out of their brain talking about it for a month after.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    56, but I am sure it was added up wrongly. It was more like 40 if I am honest.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    22 Managed to clear the Brown, Blue, Pink and Black in one go.
  • randy toksvigrandy toksvig Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    26 for me.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever hit a 155?
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    Has anyone ever hit a 155?

I've played against someone who made a 148. I'm sure Jim_McIntosh will have played him as well. :)
    Forum Member
    I've played against someone who made a 148. I'm sure Jim_McIntosh will have played him as well. :)

:p

Jamie Burnett! Never played him at snooker though. He's good at pool.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    About 30 odd. I never had the ability to really control the white ball.
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :p

Jamie Burnett! Never played him at snooker though. He's good at pool.

Pool as well, think it was at CT.
    Forum Member
    Pool as well, think it was at CT.

Hmmm...can't remember playing him at all. I probably have though if we are talking about pool too. Played with him in team anyway.

Can I change my user name mods? ^_^

What other snooker pros or ex-pros play pool or have played pool in competitions? Selby was a world champion. Snaddon, Dott, Burnett, Maguire (I think but I never played with him). Higgins' brother had a pool team in the 90s but I never saw John playing myself. I've never heard of Hendry or McManus or Small playing.

The no 1 (last time I checked about 2 years ago) Mark Boyle I think was a pro snooker player too but not sure if it was the main tour. Quite a lot of pool players competed on the B snooker tour when that was running (I've no idea how it works now) but I'm not sure if they were counted as being full pros.

MacGilvray might have been pro too. Not sure.

To be honest I was never really that into snooker. I mean I watched the WCs and stuff but I never went into local comps so a lot of the ex-pros I'd play at pool I would know had been snooker players but I wouldn't be too sure what level they had reached (B tour, A tour, top 62, top 32, etc....I'd know if they were top 16 players). You just know that they will be good players regardless. Most high level pool players will have played competitive snooker these days. It's not uncommon anyway even if it's not a majority.

PM me who you are. I'm thinking JM?

Did I play Jamie at CT? He'd be Uddy I guess and who was I with? Motherwell, Glasgow, Avondale? I guess I must have got tapped in because I've erased it from memory!