Options

Full stops

The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How important are they to you on forums?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    About as important as this thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they are important either
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Period?
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Maybe it depends on how many other stupid grammatical mistakes are in evidence. The lack of full stops might be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this thread is just dotty
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A post without full stops is quite difficult to read. I suppose the same could be said for commas as well. A post is easiest to read when full stops and commas are used.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wright use of awl grammer punktuation and speling is very impotent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And starting with no capital letter! A disgrace
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    The wright use of awl grammer punktuation and speling is very impotent.

That probably should have been 'impawtant'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The FBI wrote: »
    And starting with no capital letter! A disgrace
    a fair face is not a substitute for knowledge and do not judge a book by its cover is wot I say
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's see:

Around here, even dying can be hard Horribly hard Only death itself comes easy By easy, I mean frequent Death happens so often that people regard it pretty much the same as the never-ending rain

When life itself is hard, you have to be hard to live Even a bitch will cull one of her own pups if she doesn't think he's going to be tough enough—she knows she's only got but so much milk, and there's none to waste

Survival isn't some skill we learned—it's in all our genes Nobody needed to be told to step aside when they saw the Beast coming But not everyone stepped fast enough

There's rock slides Floods, too Those are natural phenomena You live here, you expect them But just because a man's found under tons of rock, or floating in the river, doesn't mean his death was due to natural causes

Folks drink a lot Wives get beaten something fierce Some of those wives can shoot pretty good And some of their husbands never think it can happen to them, even when they're sleeping off a drunk

There's supposed to be good and bad in everyone Probably is But here, it's the bad in you that's more often the most useful

Like the difference between climate and weather Most folks around here don't view a killing as good or bad—just something that happens, like a flood or a fire

That's why a whole lot of bodies never get viewed at all

For a man like me, this is a good part of the country to do my work I take pride in the quality of my work, but I never deceive myself that every death at my hands is justified, never mind righteous or noble

I never saw myself as much of anything, really Just a crippled, cornered rat, trying to protect my little brother with whatever I can

(excerpt from That's How I Roll by Andrew Vachss)

Nope. I need full stopz.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

dont stop me dont stop me dont stop me now
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......................................................................................................................................................................................
  • Options
    yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Within a post necessary, at the end probably not
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full Stop it.

..:D.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once edited a Wiki page and put two commas in it.

The omission changed the whole meaning.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely. essential. for. ease. of. reading. and. comprehension. but in some cases you can use smilies instead:cool: I dont think that annoys anyone^_^

If you're making a single sentence statement, feel free to punctuate with three kisses xxx
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once edited a Wiki page and put two commas in it.

The omission changed the whole meaning.

Omission? That would be removing something not adding it.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Omission? That would be removing something not adding it.

That makes a change. So many people here these days are accompanying their posts with an emission.
  • Options
    GormagonGormagon Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use Them.
  • Options
    funnierinmyheadfunnierinmyhead Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    depends

not important enough to enlist the services of the fbi
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all letters and punctuation are important. I hate how some people will type an incorrect letter and just delete it! You should always keep them and reuse when possible. evt .

edit: and there should be some facility so that spare letters can be reused in the next person's post.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    How. About. This?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Put it this way. For me, lazy posters that can't be arsed to spell correctly and are grammar lightweights, might not be taken seriously.

I can't really be bothered with people (native residents, i.e. English should be their first language) that crucify the English language grammatically and spell like a retard.

DS is full of people that think good spelling and grammar is optional. Not only that, some of them apparently have well paid jobs. :o