Options

Criminal Minds: Can it survive without Hotch?

2»

Comments

• Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Well. That was a pretty crappy way to write out the 'heart' of your show.

Basically a massive ef you to fans of TG and CM. They seem to have left it open for him to return at some point.

Completely unbelievable 'exit'.

It could have been worse. They could have been petty / spiteful and come up with an ending to humiliate the actor or character.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Also agree they should have left JJ as the press liaison. In real life she would never take a break (presume maternity leave in real life) and suddenly become a profiler.
    In real life she and Paget Brewster were sacked because CBS "wanted new women". The new woman was Rachel Nichols, allegedly paid much more than either of AJ and Paget.

I notice now the title picture has 4 woman and 3 men. Seems like quite a shift.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Well. That was a pretty crappy way to write out the 'heart' of your show.

Basically a massive ef you to fans of TG and CM. They seem to have left it open for him to return at some point.

Completely unbelievable 'exit'.

I thought it was a fairly believable exit. Jack was always Hotch's life and given what happened to Hayley he wouldn't take chances with Jack.

I still miss him though :(
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a fairly believable exit. Jack was always Hotch's life and given what happened to Hayley he wouldn't take chances with Jack.

I still miss him though :(

It wasn't the him deciding to go into witness protection to protect Jack bit that I found unbelievable. It was the added 'he decided even if/when we catch the perp he won't come because because it may happen again'.

Well it could have happened in all the years since Jacks mum was killed. It did happen before that and he never decided to just up and leave. When they were at risk from the reaper he told them it was only until he caught Foyete. So it's not like it's not happened before. That's the bit I didn't like. It's not a situation he hasn't been in before so it's just not Hotch to go 'oh well, bye now'. He was always the proactive 'I'll catch the person putting you in danger' type.

I hope the dust settles and they decide to bring Thomas Gibson back at some point in the future.
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    In real life she and Paget Brewster were sacked because CBS "wanted new women". The new woman was Rachel Nichols, allegedly paid much more than either of AJ and Paget.

I notice now the title picture has 4 woman and 3 men. Seems like quite a shift.

Was that the girl that looked exactly like jj? I forgot that series happened.
    In a weird way I can see this working as an excuse to get rid of Hotch because it did happen before and they came back after the guy was caught and now their having to do it again. So they may come back only to have to go back under
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that Paget has come back as I like her character, but I can't take to the new guy. I also miss the relationship between Garcia and Derek.
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy left it open for his character to return
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm what happened to last nights episode, checked my planner nothing, scheduled for mondays at 9pm, looked on catch up nothing there either.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I'm glad that Paget has come back as I like her character, but I can't take to the new guy. I also miss the relationship between Garcia and Derek.

Adam Rodriguez is just not a good actor. Same thing on CSI Miami. I've always preferred Paget to JJ and I miss the Derek and Garcia moments as well.