X-Men - Live-Action Series in the Works at Fox

Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was very surprised to hear about this since the film franchise is still very popular. It's all very early and may actually never happen.. But supposedly its being produced by the same people who gave us 24.

"Sources tell that the network is having preliminary conversations to adapt the iconic Marvel comic series — and feature film franchise — as a live-action television series with 24 producers Evan Katz and Manny Coto involved.

Fox's potential live-action series is being penned by Star Trek 3 writing duo Patrick McKay and JD Payne, who will share a created by credit on the project with Katz and Coto. Katz and Coto will serve as showrunners."

LINK

Comments

• NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I love X-Men (used to watch the cartoon series as a kid :D) so I'd be happy to see something like this. It would also be a good chance to use some longer story lines from the comics and see more characters in-depth rather than just as cameos.
    If it does go ahead I wonder if they'll use characters we've seen in the films or go for some new ones. On the one hand the films have nabbed almost all the best known characters (and I can't see how they could make it without at least some of them), on the other it does seem a bit odd to make a separate series with the same characters when the films are doing well. I guess we'll have to wait and see what materialises. :)
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The New Mutants... If they used the darker storylines penned by Chris Claremont, and used Bill Sienkiewicz's art as a stylistic guide, would be truly amazing. Infact, in an ideal world, HBO would handle it & stick with the darker elements. That amazing run from issues 18-34 alone were cinematic in vision. Pipe dreams...
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Seconded.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the Mouse will let them do it on the previso that they show it on ABC?

Then again, its win-win for them as they'd still get revenue from Fox for the rights, so if its popular on the Fox channel, there's more incentive for a continuing series.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Bear in mind that Fox only has the film rights but not the TV rights. They're trying to get them off Disney/Marvel.

Marvel could let them have the rights in exchange for using some X Men in the MCU :)

I'm not sure how I feel about an X Men tv series. I love the films and I'd hate to see them "cheapened" if the TV series was poor. But if they build it, I will come. I'd definitely have to give it a go.