Xbox one play and charge

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
Forum Member
Hi has any body used the play and charge kit for the xbox one and if so are they any good as I had the ones for the Xbox 360 and they did not last long and I went back to AA batterys

But I notice that it is a bit more fiddly to swap the batterys over when you mid game

Thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a play and charge kit for my xbox one controller and it lasts ages.
  • crimez83crimez83 Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Yeah the new batteries have a good charge on them -I couldn't put a figure on how long they last but I very rarely need to stick my controllers on charge - I've had the console for a few months and could probably count on both hands (maybe even one) the amount of times I've had to charge them. Time will tell if they have a better lifespan than the 360s (all my controllers are now perma-linked via cable to my 360) but for now they are definitely worth the investment.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It lasts a hell of a lot longer than the battery on the DualShock 4 :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

So true. I rarely use my DS4 yet need to charge it loads.

P&C battery on Xbox One lasts me 30+ hours I'd say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Battery life rankings...

Wii U Pro Controller > Xbox One play & charge > ... > ... > DualShock 4 > Wii U GamePad
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I think the Play and Charge kit for Xbox One is real nice though it's a bit too expensive for what you're getting. Considering there's some real good AA rechargable batteries these days that can hold a great charge, the main benefit is that you don't have to swap them out.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

I've not found it any worse or better than the ds4 tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Xbox One play & charge battery lasts *far* longer than the DualShock 4.

The DualShock 4's awful battery life is a very common complaint.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just put a couple of Duracell's in mine and boom, lasts for yonks. Agree about the ds4, 2 days, tops, if your having a good weekend of solid gaming. Not a real issue at the end of the day though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I ended up geting a play and charge kit but there was a problem when I had my head phones on and the chat cable plugged in if it was charging there was a bit wining noise coming through the head phones has any body come across that ?

Thank you
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Plug your controller into the console using the USB lead and connect the headset. Once you have done this go to the settings app select system and then use the option to update the controller. Hopefully this will fix your issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Plug your controller into the console using the USB lead and connect the headset. Once you have done this go to the settings app select system and then use the option to update the controller. Hopefully this will fix your issue.

Tryed it and still geting the buzzing noise while charging