Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2011-12 Season

Comments

• lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not created enough, not worked enough, not positive enough. Don't deserve to be winning and therefore don't deserve champions league. Need to rethink for the second half.

Had a nearly moment just now.. but nearly isn't good enough.

But hey!! Europa League!! :D:D
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Yup shocking 1st half!

Thursdays are the new Wednesdays!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww 2-0 down. they need to get a goal at least!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Shame to see you lose today, but glad to see you're happy with being in the Europa League. At least we won't feel bad for taking anyone's place if we win the Champions League next week :D
    Forum Member
    3-0 looks like the players are already in holiday mode!!

Why do we always lose big style!? :mad:
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3-0. God they should have done better.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todays game, simply not good enough.

But the season as a whole amazzzing :). Well done to the players and manager, 5th is not something I would have expected in my wildest dreams
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Todays game, simply not good enough.

But the season as a whole amazzzing :). Well done to the players and manager, 5th is not something I would have expected in my wildest dreams

Much better second half mind. But yes overall we were disappointing. Damage done first half.

Never mind got to maintain perspective. Europa league and hopefully the club will continue to go forward next year. :)
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on getting 5th place and a spot in the Europa League. Much deserved :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Much better second half mind. But yes overall we were disappointing. Damage done first half.

Never mind got to maintain perspective. Europa league and hopefully the club will continue to go forward next year. :)

Yep onwards and upwards :)

One good thing is we will be able to enjoy the champions league final more now :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Congratulations on getting 5th place and a spot in the Europa League. Much deserved :)

Thank you. Good times overall, not chuffed about todays result though.

Big summer for us.

Liverpool will want to improve themselves. City, United, Arsenal and Spurs will only get better. Chelsea will spent and rejuvenate their squad. Will be interesting to see how we respond. :)
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Shame to see you lose today, but glad to see you're happy with being in the Europa League. At least we won't feel bad for taking anyone's place if we win the Champions League next week :D

Oh I won't feel bad at all for taking Spurs' spot. :D

Congrats Newcastle, well deserved. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dissapointed for Newcastle that you didn't finish 4th especially after some of the lovely football you've played this season ..
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was rooting for you guys today,you've had such a good season & a really good side to watch.

if AP can keep ba,cisse & ben arfa & get a couple bargains you can do even better next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Larry1971 wrote: »
    dissapointed for Newcastle that you didn't finish 4th especially after some of the lovely football you've played this season ..

We've got what we deserved this season. We were outsiders at best for the champions league position but we didn't play well enough, soon enough to beat Everton. better second half though.

We've got to be satisfied with our efforts this year and then some. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've got what we deserved this season. We were outsiders at best for the champions league position but we didn't play well enough, soon enough to beat Everton. better second half though.

exactly :)

Im not disppointed . I know the results would probably go against us. but we have done so well overall . 5th is great
  • SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unlucky lads..relief for us in the end!

Lets hope the derby games next year are just after you've played in Russia or far east Ukraine:D
  • lemonbunlemonbun Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member

I'm really happy with 5th. I was someone who thought we were doomed to failure with Pardew - I was wrong.
  • KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemonbun wrote: »
    I'm really happy with 5th. I was someone who thought we were doomed to failure with Pardew - I was wrong.

Me too. At the begining of the season I thought it would be us going down this year. Really well done to all the team and the manager
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cisses goal vs Chelsea has been voted goal of the season by the MOTD team :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Cisses goal vs Chelsea has been voted goal of the season by the MOTD team :)

Of Course ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Ben Arfa has twitter now, he's just tweeted

'Just arrived in Paris..i miss already Newcastle'

No matter how much the press seems to try and unsettle our team everyone just seems so happy there.

Good to hear Pardew is focusing on strengthening the defence
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    I'll take 5th place :cool: and Spurs to get 4th, Chelsea to win Champions league and I'll be happy! :D

:eek:

I'm glad we didn't finish 4th!

Unlucky Spurs :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    :eek:

I'm glad we didn't finish 4th!

Unlucky Spurs :D

Spurs will be fuming but I don't suppose there's any other way if we only have 4 ECL places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am now happy we didn't get 4th...as strange as it sounds.

Don't think I would have made it all the way through pens last night then for Chelsea to have won. Would have been heartbroken :p