Actually made me ashamed to be a woman :(

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watched thong-gate.

Essentially, what a fuss over very little - Denise acted inapproprately and then apologised. Cue ridiculous female over-dramatics and hysteria. Denise and Nicola and one of the Ks crying, and the twins overacting.

The guys in the house acted perfectly calmly and reasonably and quite rightly wanted nothing to do with the slanging match that ensued.

It was like watching pre menstrual women after too much Lambrini.

I would never usually reduce an analysis to female/male behaviour but this is just embarassing to watch as a woman. What an emotional mess. I realise there are pent up feelings being triggered here but the guys have just as much reason to 'vent' and they weren't doing so - Michael could have piled in, Frankie obviously felt upset but kept very calm...

Never mind Nicola telling Denise she'll be embarassed when she watches it; they should all be embarassed.

Comments

• trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Very good point and I actually remember thinking how badly it reflected on the women when I was watching it but then got caught up in the equally over the top akin to pre menstrual emotional fall out on here :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Yeah but it was fun to watch :D
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reflected on the people involved. No one else. If some men had been arguing or behaving badly (eg Coolio, Aaron, Jay, Galloway, Barrymore, Pete Burns etc), does that reflect on all other men? Of course not.
  • Wicked FatherWicked Father Posts: 1,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched it and thought "Is that it?" You'd think she tried to force a rattlesnake up her arse by the reactions.
  • TonyfaceTonyface Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the so called men that should be ashamed.......Romeo & Gareth make a skanky teenage lad look like Winston Churchill....:rolleyes:
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    It was certainly a blow for feminism, especially when someone who treats women as poorly as Frankie comes off looking like the hero, that's when you know things are out of whack. :eek: lol
  • Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise groped her with her hands all over her body have you seen the pictures,it was an edited version we saw last night, denise got off lightly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched it and thought "Is that it?" You'd think she tried to force a rattlesnake up her arse by the reactions.
    That would have made for a memorable episode.
    Tonyface wrote: »
    Its the so called men that should be ashamed.......Romeo & Gareth make a skanky teenage lad look like Winston Churchill....:rolleyes:

We get it, you don't like them. They did precisely the right thing in refusing to barge into a big row that was nothing to do with them and had long since become about nothing at all except the pleasure of making a lot of noise.
  • Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise groped her with her hands all over her body have you seen the pictures :confused:it was an edited version we saw last night, denise got off lightly:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twin who threatened to sue BB what a stupid little sod she is....and Nicolas tantrum, blimey she should be an actress. If Gareth had snapped at me and told me to go to bed, I would have certainly told him to go away, who the hell does the boring man think he is???????.

Denise or Frankie to win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was certainly a blow for feminism, especially when someone who treats women as poorly as Frankie comes off looking like the hero, that's when you know things are out of whack. :eek: lol
    It has nothing to do with feminism. It was some people acting out, just like many men have done and will do and women, as well. The only relationship is has with issues such as feminism is the attempt to slur all women because of the actions of 4 of them.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Totally agree.

Denise was stupid, Karissa went to calm down, then it all got over-exaggerated, taken out of context, Nicola started wailing like a demented banshee, the twins began attacking anyone who dared go against them, Denise started wailing. This is what females are like. overcook anything for a bit of attention

I was quite embarrassed.

Who else giggled at Nicola "the secret feminist"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luckyeight wrote: »
    Just watched thong-gate.

Essentially, what a fuss over very little - Denise acted inapproprately and then apologised. Cue ridiculous female over-dramatics and hysteria. Denise and Nicola and one of the Ks crying, and the twins overacting.

The guys in the house acted perfectly calmly and reasonably and quite rightly wanted nothing to do with the slanging match that ensued.

It was like watching pre menstrual women after too much Lambrini.

I would never usually reduce an analysis to female/male behaviour but this is just embarassing to watch as a woman. What an emotional mess. I realise there are pent up feelings being triggered here but the guys have just as much reason to 'vent' and they weren't doing so - Michael could have piled in, Frankie obviously felt upset but kept very calm...

Never mind Nicola telling Denise she'll be embarassed when she watches it; they should all be embarassed.

What rot, the whole thing wouldn't have happened if Denise hadn't been so desperate to be seen as one of the "young fun party girls" and hadn't acted innapropriately. Even then it may not have happened had she not, immediately after she apologised, then pretended she was going to do it again and then followed Karissa, when she took herself away from it to the kitchen, to excuse her actions and wouldn't shut up about it. Denise SHOULD be embarrassed when she sees it back, and when she sees back the bit where she whined on to Nicola about her being friends with the twins now and how she'd left Denise all on her own !! I doubt she'll be embarrassed tho, she'll just make all her tried and tested excuses again and carry on doing the same outside the BB house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I was just about to come and post something similar......very stereo typical of what women are like with a drink in them! I actually felt sorry for the men.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Who else giggled at Nicola "the secret feminist"
    :D Oh yeah! Forgot about that. It was more of a guffaw than a giggle in this house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of sexist drivel. That's what's embarrassing. The eagerness to come out with such stereotyping rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonyface wrote: »

lol :D I can understand them wanting to keep out of the argument but I am surprised they didn't try to make the peace - and Frankie really did step up and try.
    kimindex wrote: »
    It reflected on the people involved. No one else. If some men had been arguing or behaving badly (eg Coolio, Aaron, Jay, Galloway, Barrymore, Pete Burns etc), does that reflect on all other men? Of course not.

No, you're right, but it is how it made me feel watching it, that's all. And I suppose it's because it was such a stereotypically 'drunk women' style argument - tears, over-reactions, drama, that it really struck me. And all preceeded by 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'.:cool:
  • Juliet_G_Juliet_G_ Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    It has nothing to do with feminism. It was some people acting out, just like many men have done and will do and women, as well. The only relationship is has with issues such as feminism is the attempt to slur all women because of the actions of 4 of them.

Totally agree, so many people with a dodgy grasp of what feminism really means, picking it up & using it as a weapon against us. Shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luckyeight wrote: »
    lol :D I can understand them wanting to keep out of the argument but I am surprised they didn't try to make the peace - and Frankie really did step up and try.

No, you're right, but it is how it made me feel watching it, that's all. And I suppose it's because it was such a stereotypically 'drunk women' style argument - tears, over-reactions, drama, that it really struck me. And all preceeded by 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'.:cool:
    Fair enough!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I am never ashamed to be a woman.

I do not regard another woman's behaviour as something I need to take a shared responsibility for.

Interesting notion though - I'd let go of that if I were you, it seems a bit pointless.
    Forum Member
    Denise groped her with her hands all over her body have you seen the pictures :confused:it was an edited version we saw last night, denise got off lightly:mad:

And your post was so good you had to do it twice ;) In which case it's a bit odd this wasn't mentioned by either twin or any other of the protagonists. Presumably that was edited out too or she didn't mind that just the trousers thing which is her prerogative. I wouldn't waste time getting upset for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm certainly not trying to slur all women. I can't speak for others on this thread.

I am commenting on the action of 4 women and judging their behaviour -as a woman. In the same way, for example, people have disliked Kirk and Frankie's lecherous 'male' behaviour and derogatory comments about women -and largely condemned it, which I did too.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly! Do all men feel ashamed of their maleness due to the actions of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin Dada, Robespierre and so on?? Of course not...yet whenever a few women behave a little bit badly on some second rate tv show somehow we women should feel shame!?

Cobblers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    cooperone wrote: »
    The twin who threatened to sue BB what a stupid little sod she is....and Nicolas tantrum, blimey she should be an actress. If Gareth had snapped at me and told me to go to bed, I would have certainly told him to go away, who the hell does the boring man think he is???????.Denise or Frankie to win.

I sure 4 hours of listening to a group of women arguing finally got to him.

I would have said the same thing in the same way to her.

He was also probably still disgusted from the time Denise tried to snog him that night :eek:
    Forum Member
    Juliet_G_ wrote: »
    Totally agree, so many people with a dodgy grasp of what feminism really means, picking it up & using it as a weapon against us. Shame.

The OP didn't use the term feminism some poster later on did and it is indeed silly. I thought the OP made a good point in that they were women over reacting and embarrassing themselves juxtaposed with men refusing to join in, suspect behaviour IMO but still possibly better than the ranting and raving, or Frankie being calm and sensible.

Having said that groups of men embarrass themselves publicly all the time but int this instance it was women, that's all.