This "Night of the Owls" Batman Event

zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm just following Batman and Detective Comics but looking at the end of Batman #7 they mention something about a big "Night of the Owls" event happening in the Batman titles, along with mention of Nightwing #8 acting as a for-runner to the event.

Does anyone know if this event is something like Bruce Wayne Murderer - each part of the story was in a different title, so you needed to get them all otherwise you couldn't follow the story.

If it ain't like that, and while the story will be in both titles, I can just continue following Batman and I'll get myself a followable story.

^this makes sense, right.

I remember when BW:M was coming out, they put at the end of various comics a list of which titles you needed to grab - couldn't find nuttin like that in this weeks offereings - so thought I'd ask people here

(am off to eBay a book on the correct usage of -'s)

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google is my friend :)

"Despite being described as a "crossover" it's not a traditional cross over in the sense that the story continues from one book to another, instead, each book will have their own self contained story about the Court's attack on Gotham, and the hero who fights against them. Titles involved with the cross over are Batman, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Batgirl, Batman: The Dark Knight (featuring Tim Drake,) Birds of Prey, Catwoman, Batwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and All-Star Western. DC would later announce that Detective Comics would indeed tie into the event, originally being solicited otherwise."

Looks like I won't be Nightwinging any time soon :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read Batman & Nightwing issues 8, and it looks like it's going to be separate stories around each member of the "Bat Allies" (as Alfred says) in their own books, protecting key members of the Gotham Elite against the mass of Talons.

BTW, love the last splash page of Batman 8;
    "Get the hell out of my house!!"

:cool:
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is right across a bunch of titles anyway, isn't it? I'm fairly sure Jonah Hex (All Star Western is possibly my favourite DC title) has a Court storyline as well.

I thought the Batman titles started off strong but I'm dropping them one by one. Batman and Robin is the only one I still find interesting because Damian is such a sociopath.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have followed Young Justice (cos I'm a fan of Red Robin) but the reboot gave him feathers on his cape, which is JUST PLAIN FREAKIN STUPID - just NO, just NO.

As for Damien, I despise everything about his existence and wish he'd been erased from history - but can see that others think otherwise.
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So... what did we think? I thought the main thread of the story line in Batman was pretty poor. I'm enjoying the All Western diversion and Damien's encounter was pretty entertaining too. Bit of a damp squib overall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm waiting for the tpb's