Most underated games you have ever played

2»

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going for the full HVT capture trophy was the most fun thing about Mercs 2. It was annoying when they died via indirect gunfire/falling down a cliff etc but that was half the fun and only made it so satisfying when you got them. No, it's not perfect, it doesn't pretend to be but it's a game that really hooked me, even more than the original. No other game on PS3 compelled me to go for a full platinum.

I didn't mind the HVT dying to gun fire it just annoyed me when they died due to bugs and poor programming. I know the game doesn't take itself very seriously but that's no excuse for poor programming which Merc2 is plagued with.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think he means underrated I assume he means games that most people dont like or overlook but you have really enjoyed.
    i think one of those might be Fareinheit, also Grim Fandango, last express and all those other point and click games that no one plays anymore. They were not given the attention they should have.
    I would also say LA Noire...it was brilliant but no one I know thought so !
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Also original Assassins Creed - I enjoyed it more than the sequels

While I don't consider it better than the sequels I didn't think it a particularly bad game,it didn't bore me like Revelations did at least.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy
    This is an outstanding, early PS2 game that no one that I've talked to have heard of. It's a mixture of puzzles, platform & action. Wonderful game that should have been more popular.

Disaster Report
    Great twist on the survival horror genre. Instead of trying to survive against monsters, this game has you trying to survive a devastating earthquake, floods & fires. It was a nice change of pace from the RE franchise. Again, no one that I know has heard of this game. But I'm glad I bought it for the PS2.
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poker Night At The Inventory

It's a small game, nothing particularly special, just a poker game really, but it's the characters that make it special. Max (from Sam & Max), The Heavy (TF2), Strong Bad (Homestar Runner) and Tycho (Penny Arcade) are the opponents. Spent hours playing on it, just to hear them interact with each other :o.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I dont think he means underrated I assume he means games that most people dont like or overlook but you have really enjoyed.
    i think one of those might be Fareinheit, also Grim Fandango, last express and all those other point and click games that no one plays anymore. They were not given the attention they should have.
    I would also say LA Noire...it was brilliant but no one I know thought so !

Yes, I agree. It seemed to get a right panning but there was some good stuff in it. It was a really ambitious attempt to do something different with a game.