Comments

• RueRue Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    'Made In Bristol' is now on LCN 8.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me wrote: »
    'Made In Cardiff' has appeared locally on Ch. 23 (but no EPG)
    running a 3 minute promotion loop.

EPG now there (simply 'Made In Cardiff launches soon" on 2x12 hours 'stints')

Exciting huh?
  • gwrbristolgwrbristol Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...how very generous of Made in Bristol to give all this free promotion to another person's twitter account on the promo loop. @madeinbristol is nothing to do with the tv station, is a craft based account. @madeinbristoltv is however their account but thats nowhere to be seen on screen.
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ComuxUK ‏just now:
    Belfast, Bristol,Cardiff, Leeds,Tyne & Wear, Liverpool, Southampton all tunable from today. Re-tune your boxes.#localtv

( https://twitter.com/comuxUK/status/504302812571111424 )
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greebo wrote: »

Bloody hell - not more of them. :p I've just finished adding the last lot to Wikipedia.

Comux and Local TV have done really well to piggyback next week's retune like this. There could be a few more on the way before the week is done - YourTV yet to put in an appearance. Then again, not all the muxs are running yet.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    eladkse wrote: »
    Bloody hell - not more of them. :p I've just finished adding the last lot to Wikipedia.

Comux and Local TV have done really well to piggyback next week's retune like this. There could be a few more on the way before the week is done - YourTV yet to put in an appearance. Then again, not all the muxs are running yet.

All the ones due to launch September/October have been added, except Oxford and Sheffield where the muxes aren't running yet. Bay TV don't actually have their licence granted at the moment, so surprised they've been added, and no idea when they are planning to launch.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long before Made In Tyne and Wear launches then, I post when it appears.

EDIT: It may have judging by info I read online.
  • pete1pete1 Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Yes the promo for Made in Tyne and Wear (snappy title) started on Freeview earlier today
  • gwrbristolgwrbristol Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gwrbristol wrote: »
    ...how very generous of Made in Bristol to give all this free promotion to another person's twitter account on the promo loop. @madeinbristol is nothing to do with the tv station, is a craft based account. @madeinbristoltv is however their account but thats nowhere to be seen on screen.

Correction now made - no pun intended.
  • HertzHertz Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NVTV from Divis showing promo loop. Starts Mon 29th September.

Reception in this part of Newtownabbey is a bit problematic. Might get the Divis aerial moved a bit higher up the mast to see if that makes any difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Madeinleeds now on channel 8 Emley Moor. Came on earlier on Tuesday?
    Pro mo loop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greebo wrote: »
    @ComuxUK ‏just now:
    Belfast, Bristol,Cardiff, Leeds,Tyne & Wear, Liverpool, Southampton all tunable from today. Re-tune your boxes.#localtv
    ( https://twitter.com/comuxUK/status/504302812571111424 )

@ComuxUK has deleted that tweet now. I don't see anything controversial there. Strange!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thats' Solent is now on freeview channel 8 with a test transmission testcard as of a retune I did this morning, rowridge transmitter.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing for preston yet?
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Nothing for preston yet?

Or Manchester which I think is the same company (unlike Liverpool). I have read on these forums that the business plan is poor so they may never start just like Birmingham.
  • Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many of these channels that began testing yesterday are actually to do with the channels themselves?, might it be that has something to do with next weeks retune and that these channels are placeholders until the broadcasters themselves launch?.

I do find it strange that after weeks of nothing a lot of areas now have supposed test transmittions all at once, having said that I do look forward to mine[Made In Tyne And Wear] launching as well as many others and wish all of them success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »
    How many of these channels that began testing yesterday are actually to do with the channels themselves?, might it be that has something to do with next weeks retune and that these channels are placeholders until the broadcasters themselves launch?.

I do find it strange that after weeks of nothing a lot of areas now have supposed test transmittions all at once, having said that I do look forward to mine[Made In Tyne And Wear] launching as well as many others and wish all of them success.

That's EXACTLY what it is. ;-) All these channels are due to launch in the next few months - so taking advantage of next week's retune to get better exposure is an obvious thing to do.

In areas where channels are already live (Estuary, London, Mustard, Notts, STV Glasgow), I would not be suprised if many people who retune will find their local service for the first time.
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    BayTV Liverpool is on air
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Icaraa wrote: »

Are you saying something has changed since post #350?
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member

No it's not. It hasn't even had a licence formally granted yet by Ofcom. It has been awarded a licence but the formal grant of a licence (the formal licence document) has yet to be completed.

All that is on air is a promotional video which is not the same thing. Technically Bay TV has until 18 Feb 2015 to actually begin broadcasting although it may well start sooner.
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    Radiomike wrote: »
    No it's not. It hasn't even had a licence formally granted yet by Ofcom. It has been awarded a licence but the formal grant of a licence (the formal licence document) has yet to be completed.

All that is on air is a promotional video which is not the same thing. Technically Bay TV has until 18 Feb 2015 to actually begin broadcasting although it may well start sooner.

What a silly post. There's a channel that says "Bay TV Liverpool" on my Freeview box. When I tune to it there is a promo loop. I don't care about the technicalities of a licence all I know is it is there and broadcasting something.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Technically correct would be to say " test transmissions for Bay TV Liverpool are on air", as the channel hasn't launched. But confirmation of the pre-launch transmissions was already mentioned upthread by forum member The Unknown One.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    What a silly post. There's a channel that says "Bay TV Liverpool" on my Freeview box. When I tune to it there is a promo loop. I don't care about the technicalities of a licence all I know is it is there and broadcasting something.

Call it a silly post if you like :cry: but Bay TV is not there nor is it broadcasting anything. It does not have a valid licence to broadcast and hasn't launched. The promo loop is as a516 says simply a test transmission (using material supplied by Bay TV). It's no different to the good old days before ITV or ILR stations launched and the ITA/IBA used to put out test transmissions from the transmitters.

Whilst you may not care about the technicalities I can assure you that Ofcom and Bay TV do and you will not be seeing any proper programmes beyond what is currently there or whatever else Ofcom accepts as test transmissions until a licence is in place, if then.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee Morris wrote: »

I assume the test transmissions aren't on now, I have retuned and Tyne and Wear hasn't come on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume the test transmissions aren't on now, I have retuned and Tyne and Wear hasn't come on.

Or - much more likely - you're just not getting the signal for some reason. ;-) Where are you and what TX is your aerial pointed at?