Options

Sitting TV On Top Of DVD Recorder

I have been reading that it is not safe to sit electronic equipment on top of each other in case of fire. Would I be able to sit my TV on top of my dvd recorder if I have a wooden shelf about an inch thick between them. Space is very limited in my bedroom and this would be ideal if it was safe.

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy RiddleJimmy Riddle Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sounds like a plan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could also purchase one of the wall brackets that hold a tv & have a section underneath to hold the DVD.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main reason it isn't recommended is to allow for ventilation of the DVD recorder - is it an LCD TV?

If you can't accommodate a wall bracket as paulr2006 suggests, another idea would be to build yourself a plinth allowing an inch or so gap all round the DVD recorder (inside dimensions of the plinth 2 inch wider than the DVD and at least and inch higher), and sit the TV on top of the plinth. Wouldn't be inclined to do this if its a large-ish CRT TV though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Well the DVD recorder has a solid top and there are vents at the side. TV is a small 14" crt and is light in weight. Have done it and it seems to be okay.