Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

The Voice US (Season Two)

Old 07-02-2012, 21:31
chrissy101
Forum Member

Shocked there hasn't been a thread for this yet!

AMAZING talent this season. Really enjoyed both audition episodes. I absolutely loved Lindsey, the guy who sang Seven Nation Army, the opera dude and the rocker girl who sung Oh Darling.

Really glad the ratings are doing so well.
chrissy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 07-02-2012, 21:36
vicky2424
Forum Member

Never watched season 1 for some reason which is weird considering I love Adam. Watched the first ep last night and loved it, I really like the variety of the judges and the whole "Please pick me, I'm the best coach" idea.
vicky2424 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 23:59
tally
Forum Member

Shouldn't have really clicked on this thread yet, but I've got the first 2 shows ready to watch. I loved the first series so hopefully I'm going to REALLY enjoy series 2, unless Christina gets too annoying ( love Blake and Adam). Will let you know my thoughts on Thursday when I've had time to watch them.
tally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 00:56
Spanner82
Forum Member

I am in shock that this guy didnt get picked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZaEC7fYf5M
Spanner82 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03
wildbenji64

It's still very sob story heavy giving X Factor a run for it's money at times, and the host still sucks, so I can still get through an hour and 20 minute episode in less than 40, but the talent and judges more than make up for that. My favourite act so far Kim Yarbrough.

Did anyone else notice Adam look disappointed for a split second after turning around for Angel, before quickly hiding it and switching to (an adorable) wink and smile. I've read a few recaps and no one has mentioned it, but it's definitely there.
wildbenji64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:19
K2ray
Inactive Member

Shocked there hasn't been a thread for this yet!

AMAZING talent this season. Really enjoyed both audition episodes. I absolutely loved Lindsey, the guy who sang Seven Nation Army, the opera dude and the rocker girl who sung Oh Darling.

Really glad the ratings are doing so well.
Should have its own forum seeing as its in over 33 countries growing (UK & Australia soon to air) and is not a one season thing. Moderators are YOU listening
K2ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 13:28
mimicole
Forum Member

I've been catching up online. Good show.
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:09
tally
Forum Member

After watching the travesty of the XFactor, both US and UK where talent seems to mean so little and the judges' ego everything, what a glorious treat those two shows were.
The talent was amazing, the rapport/banter between the judges never snarking into the abysmal pettiness of Cowell and co. I LOVE this show.

Right from the get go, the atmosphere was charged, Blake and Adam as gorgeous as before and I even liked Christina (Ceelo remains an enigma to me. I'd never heard of him before last year and his music isn't really my thing. )

There was nobody that got through that I thought shoudn't, while the misses I could understand. Still a few sob stories Grrrr. Leave 'em out, it's called The Voice, not who's had the toughest life.

Is Tweet girl confined to online now? I do hope so because her bit was totally irrelevant and majorly annoying. With so much online hatred of the idea let's hope the PTB listened.

Is it too much to hope that the UK version will be as good as this?

btw I watched out for Adam's face when he saw Angel, but coudn't read if it was disappointment, or not the image he thought, but he certainly did a very quick double take!!

Roll on episode 3.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:52
MrGaryy_
Forum Member

Loving it so far, better than last season. Really surprised that Lindsey chose Christina as I didn't get the vibe she was feeling her that much, but I'm very happy cos I know Christina will bring the best out of her.
MrGaryy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:02
arsnl
Forum Member

Lindsey's interpretation of the TreySongz Say Aahh was amazing.. totally unrecognizable.. she should've went with Cee-Lo me thinks.. chemistry is as last season.. Banter between the coaches is great esp Adam n Xtina.. agreed with the sob stories bit.. no need much of those..
arsnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 20:56
mimicole
Forum Member

It's still very sob story heavy giving X Factor a run for it's money at times, and the host still sucks, so I can still get through an hour and 20 minute episode in less than 40, but the talent and judges more than make up for that. My favourite act so far Kim Yarbrough.

Did anyone else notice Adam look disappointed for a split second after turning around for Angel, before quickly hiding it and switching to (an adorable) wink and smile. I've read a few recaps and no one has mentioned it, but it's definitely there.
Re: Adam & Angel - Yes I noticed that.

I've been trying to get the new episode to play properly online for a few hours. It keeps stopping and starting.
Old 15-02-2012, 07:51
K2ray
Inactive Member

Not the best of the blinds (seeing as it was the 3rd of 5). I guess the theme of that episode would be called Picky, Picky, Picky! But judging from Carson (who has been swell this season), next weeks should be very tasty where the judge chemistry is concerned plus the very talented Tony Vincent will be on it! http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/14/ca...ind-auditions/

Oh and Monday's night numbers got raised to a 6.0. Good Stuff!
Old 15-02-2012, 08:04
wildbenji64

I wasn't sure about Erin Martin at first, but after a second listen and listening to some of her other stuff, she's my new favourite. She was pretty much the only stand out though, there were some good voices but nothing spectacular or different. Only listened to it once, but I'm already in love with her song 'Balloon' http://erinmartinmusic.com/?page_id=50.
Old 15-02-2012, 08:12
K2ray
Inactive Member

I wasn't sure about Erin Martin at first, but after a second listen and listening to some of her other stuff, she's my new favourite. She was pretty much the only stand out though, there were some good voices but nothing spectacular or different. Only listened to it once, but I'm already in love with her song 'Balloon' http://erinmartinmusic.com/?page_id=50.
Agreed regarding Erin Martin, Cee lo's coaching will be tested with her (though he will get good help from one of Babyface or Ne-Yo). Erin's battle round should be interesting.
Old 15-02-2012, 08:25
wildbenji64

Agreed regarding Erin Martin, Cee lo's coaching will be tested with her (though he will get good help from one of Babyface or Ne-Yo). Erin's battle round should be interesting.
Yes, I was going to say, the battle round will be her biggest challenge. Placed against the wrong person (a more powerful "shouty" singer), and she could be outsung, or worse she might try to match them which could be a disaster. Coaches choose the pairs, don't they? If so, I doubt Cee Lo will let that happen.

Another thing I forgot to write, how the hell did that James Massone get three of them to turn around, I think this was the first time I couldn't listen to a full audition, usually I just skip the sob stories, but never the singing.
Old 15-02-2012, 08:58
K2ray
Inactive Member

Yes, I was going to say, the battle round will be her biggest challenge. Placed against the wrong person (a more powerful "shouty" singer), and she could be outsung, or worse she might try to match them which could be a disaster. Coaches choose the pairs, don't they? If so, I doubt Cee Lo will let that happen.

Another thing I forgot to write, how the hell did that James Massone get three of them to turn around, I think this was the first time I couldn't listen to a full audition, usually I just skip the sob stories, but never the singing.
I think they (Blake, Xtina & Cee Lo) were looking at adding someone to their team with potential (to grow). That is really where they're meant to excel as coaches and not just have to coach the finished article which isn't really much of a challenge.
Old 15-02-2012, 13:08
joiningdots
Forum Member

Where can The Voice be watched in UK?
joiningdots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 13:14
tally
Forum Member

I agree that it wasn't quite as good as the first two, but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Can someone enlighten me as to why so many choose Cee Lo ( love his Ernst Blofeld inserts ). As I've said, I'd never heard of him pre The Voice, and I wasn't that impressed with his song choices last season. Is he some sort of guru, a Simon Cowell / LA Reid music mogul?

Also what was the deal with the woman whose face they wouldn't show until the end because of her strange looks? She looked ordinary to me or did I miss something?

It seemed to be misfits week this time. I wasn't that impressed with the girl who thinks she's god's gift in the looks department. She was pretty average IMO. But still amazing talent compared to other talent shows.
Old 15-02-2012, 14:10
K2ray
Inactive Member

Good question-Demand it from the BBC (IMHO it will enhance the anticipation for their version). Also AXN Asia show it the following day.
Old 15-02-2012, 14:24
K2ray
Inactive Member

I agree that it wasn't quite as good as the first two, but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Can someone enlighten me as to why so many choose Cee Lo ( love his Ernst Blofeld inserts ). As I've said, I'd never heard of him pre The Voice, and I wasn't that impressed with his song choices last season. Is he some sort of guru, a Simon Cowell / LA Reid music mogul?

Also what was the deal with the woman whose face they wouldn't show until the end because of her strange looks? She looked ordinary to me or did I miss something?

It seemed to be misfits week this time. I wasn't that impressed with the girl who thinks she's god's gift in the looks department. She was pretty average IMO. But still amazing talent compared to other talent shows.
Believe it or not, Cee Lo has a long history in the music biz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cee_Lo_Green

He's a good fit for the show (bringing a different angle from the other 3 coaches) and apparently things get interesting between himself & Xtina next week!
Old 15-02-2012, 15:19
mimicole
Forum Member

www.1channel.ch (make sure you click on TV SHOWS before putting The Voice in the search engine.)
Old 15-02-2012, 17:25
tally
Forum Member

Believe it or not, Cee Lo has a long history in the music biz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cee_Lo_Green

He's a good fit for the show (bringing a different angle from the other 3 coaches) and apparently things get interesting between himself & Xtina next week!
Thanks.

I cant believe he's only 38! I would have said late 50's to 60's.
Old 18-02-2012, 10:02
mimicole
Forum Member

I've found all of season 1 online. I only saw the blind auditions, I don't even know who won. I know the person was on Adam's team though.
Old 19-02-2012, 13:02
Duplicate
Forum Member

Good question-Demand it from the BBC (IMHO it will enhance the anticipation for their version). Also AXN Asia show it the following day.
I did that and was unfortunately faced with an auto-reply.
Duplicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 14:42
mimicole
Forum Member

Putlocker uploaded episode 3 of season 2 but for some reason the link isn't working. Hopefully they'll upload it again.

EDIT: Although, some beauty from the Christina appreciation thread found another link! - http://www.sockshare.com/file/FECC49BB9F85ACBF#