Options

Superstar Show Discussion MONDAY 16/07/2012

Comments

• Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    It's called "Dedication To My Ex (Miss That)" by Lloyd - was out at the start of this year I think.

Thanks ..... after listening to the original, I do prefer Nathan's version.
  • Options
    Susie-RSusie-R Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susie-R, unfortunately there were three front runners in the Nancy selection, not one of them called Jodie, so your premise is wrong

That's true but I didn't say that the ones that stood out for me won.
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I reckon it's going to end up being between Nathan and Jeff, with David, Roger and Rory staying until near the end.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how long it will be before the prospective stars get their teeth done? Look at any celeb now and they have perfectly even, sparkling white teeth.

Most of the potential JCS have wonky and uneven teeth .... let's see how long they go before having them veneered and whitened?
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly hope it isn't Nathan - I really don't like him at all.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will be before the prospective stars get their teeth done? Look at any celeb now and they have perfectly even, sparkling white teeth.

Most of the potential JCS have wonky and uneven teeth .... let's see how long they go before having them veneered and whitened?
    Like Jesus did?
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I certainly hope it isn't Nathan - I really don't like him at all.
    I think he's great. He's an excellent singer and performer and has a real stage presence. I think he's got to be the (or, at least, a) front runner. I like Roger a lot too, but they really need to give him a more suitable song. Song choice can be crucial in these contests.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of these blokes are quite large though, will they be happy appearing in little more than a loin cloth on stage?
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up and have to say, if it wasn't on sky+ so I could ff the adverts and general dross, I wouldn't have bothered.

I thought most of the song choices were awful, (hadn't heard of most of them).

Loved Roger, although again, terrible song for him.
    Jeff did a good job but not enough charisma for Jesus.

Niall was awful for me. I hope he and Dirk are bottom two.

Love Jon, great voice, but he has no 'edge'. He seems more Johnny Logan than Jesus.

Think I might just tune in to see who goes and then tune out again from now on. :(
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spendleb wrote: »
    Some of these blokes are quite large though, will they be happy appearing in little more than a loin cloth on stage?

Jesus was a carpenter so he probably would have developed a few (arm) muscles..but, I agree, some of them do look a little too large.
  • Options
    crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Rory or Roger to win?

I think Jon has a fabulous voice though do not think he would be into the acting.

We havent seen any of the training really, and as to whether they are doing acting and voice training? and who is teaching them? None of that which we saw by the mile when ALW did his various BBC shows to find stars..

I dont like the format - night after night, for 90 mins is brain numbing. Will just watch the beginning each night to see who gets knocked out - its not that gripping.

The screaming audience is a pain - Jason looked quite miffed at one time when they were screeching while he was attemting to deliver his comments :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Afnan had a very nice voice. Dirk was the chosen one and he was given the money notes. Dirk must know he can't win

Far too much squealing I thought. John did well but he was given an easy song.

I just can't see Roger in this part:(

My choice to go....Niall

What on earth are 'money notes'.?

Niall looks too young for Jesus. I really can't see him singing the Gethsemane song.

I think they should be singing the JCS songs now. The viewer would at least get an idea on how well (or not) their portrayal of Jesus would be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazybabe wrote: »
    Rory or Roger to win?

I think Jon has a fabulous voice though do not think he would be into the acting.

We havent seen any of the training really, and as to whether they are doing acting and voice training? and who is teaching them? None of that which we saw by the mile when ALW did his various BBC shows to find stars..

I dont like the format - night after night, for 90 mins is brain numbing. Will just watch the beginning each night to see who gets knocked out - its not that gripping.

The screaming audience is a pain - Jason looked quite miffed at one time when they were screeching while he was attemting to deliver his comments :rolleyes:

I missed the BBC shows, so I can't compare them to ITV, but I am finding this production a little cheap.
    It seems rushed, the adverts get in the way and the screaming is awful....but I don't want to give up watching it just yet.
  • Options
    Maisy27Maisy27 Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    If anyone's interested, the film 'Jesus Christ Superstar' is on ITV3 tonight at 10.30pm.
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the guy who sang The Man who can't be Moved (The Script) was awful. Non of them were particularly good last night for me, they sounded really poor.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Like Jesus did?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Someone a while back was asking which final 30 reject it was that would be playing Peter and I found out yesterday - it's Michael Pickering. I don't think he got much airtime (true of a lot of them, unfortunately) on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Double Post* (Can someone delete this post... or just kindly ignore it. Thank you)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love all their Jesus talk

"Be confident. Jesus was Confident"
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Okay, live show 2, my thoughts.

I thought Afnan sang better in the singoff, and probably deserved to stay, but at the same, I wasn't bothered when he didn't.

1. Ben - 6/10. Ben doesn't hold a huge amount of interest for me, but he got one of the better songs of the night, and sang it well.
    2. Tim - 4/10. My love for Tim has died. Didn't like this at all. It also really annoys me when they go on about his lack of confidence all the time, when he's well able to perform like all the others.
    3. Rory - 4/10. It's not that it was bad, he just bores me to tears.
    4. Nathan - 8/10. Amazing song, and he sang it really well. I love watching him perform. The blouse was a bit silly though.
    5. Roger - 4/10. Let down by that woeful song.
    6. Dirk - 3/10. I wanted him to do well, but it was dreadful.
    7. Jeff - 5/10. Average, but I'm willing to give him another chance.
    8. Niall - 5/10. Yes, he hit a bum note, but he has a lot of charisma, and I think he deserves to stay for another while yet.
    9. Jon - 7/10. Sang it beautifully. I really don't get the snobbery towards him, just because he's a cabaret artist. Mel C was a Spice Girl, Jason Donovan was on 'Neighbours', and Dawn French appeared in Terry's Chocolate Orange adverts, so I don't get what the problem is. He's out there entertaining people, what's wrong with that? Anyway, definitely deserves to stay, based on that performance.
    10. David - 9/10. I absolutely loved it. Agree with the Will Young comments. I thought he started the song brilliantly, and it only got better. I rewatched it 4 times, I loved it so much. I thought he took a mediocre enough song, and made it great. Definitely my fave at the moment.

So, for me, bottom 2 tonight should be Tim and Dirk, with Dirk to go.

If I was voting, David would get my vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching this but so far, none of them have stood out as definitely being 'Jesus' for me.

There are definitely some contestants who are weaker than others though. The guy who was saved yesterday really wasn't great compared to the others so I suspect he will be going home today.

I'm sure once I have seen them all perform a few times, I will work out which ones seem the strongest.

I think the comments about the weight of some of the contestants are quite funny. I wonder if some of these guys will need to crash diet if they win it :D
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've obviously got Nathan lined up for a 'journey!' They'll give him a ballad either tonight or tomorrow and then show his softer side, although I just don't like his faces when he sings. No matter what, he's got the most attention. If he wins I won't be going to see the show.

I really think Dawn has added some spark to the panel which would have been extremely bland otherwise.
  • Options
    Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member
    GET NIALL OUT!

I love The Script and Danny, and he absolutely massacred that song! Thought he was average anyway, but now I'm convinced he couldn't cut it on thr JCS arena tour.

Nathan & Ben are my front runners. I liked Nathan on The Voice too, but this suits him better. Wonder if he was nudged towards it when The Voice rejected him?

xxxx
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone i dont usually post in the TV bit but hello :) anyway im a bit confused.. theyre saying its the final 11 and to vote etc but i remember seeing an article on here from Webber introducing us to his final 6 so im a bit confused. Are they asking us to pay and vote for a decision thats already been made?
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    Hi everyone i dont usually post in the TV bit but hello :) anyway im a bit confused.. theyre saying its the final 11 and to vote etc but i remember seeing an article on here from Webber introducing us to his final 6 so im a bit confused. Are they asking us to pay and vote for a decision thats already been made?

They weren't actually the finalists, they just made it to the final 50 or so. Very confusing article.