According To The Daily Star Sunday.....

Comments

• Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Arguably the face of the biggest girl group in history isn't fit to judge an entertainment show?

She may be from 1996 but being part of one of the biggest groups of all time doesn't qualify you to judge this show then I don't know what will, Mel B is easily more qualified to judge than the other three combined

Gary Barlow is a very talented songwriter and was a member of one of Britain's most successful bands, didn't make him a decent judge or mentor though, he was pants.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    The final is filmed on Saturday june 14th

How did you find out this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    The final is filmed on Saturday june 14th

Apart from 12th we don't know what other days xf filming is idk there might be a few days to spare her to fly back to Aus film and fly back here for the next xf or maybe they will allow her to miss a days filming of xf?
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    How did you find out this?

A fan whos going wrote it on twitter
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel C doesn't seem to genuinely care about her acts either which is sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Apart from 12th we don't know what other days xf filming is idk there might be a few days to spare her to fly back to Aus film and fly back here for the next xf or maybe they will allow her to miss a days filming of xf?

She does a radio show too doesn't she? I know she's filming for Americans got talent in tues and Wednesday from late July through to sept or October.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does a radio show too doesn't she? I know she's filming for Americans got talent in tues and Wednesday from late July through to sept or October.

I believe so, no idea how she's managed her schedule around that?
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is a Radio DJ...but she IS part of a team: http://www.2dayfm.com.au/shows/2dayfm-breakfast/ (and she is hardly ever there, so i have heard)

This is going to be torture for her and her body flying back and fourth form UK to USA the back then on to AUS. I can see the headline's now 'MEL B NEGLECTS ACTS TO FLY TO JUDGE AMERICA'S GOT TALENT....ACTS NOT HAPPY THAT THE OTHER 3 CATEGORIES ARE GETTING 1 ON 1 TIME WITH THEIR MENTORS WHILE MEL B IS IN THE US AND AUS.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Give her a chance for god sake. Talk about judging a book by its cover

Um, no. She was a guest judge before. She's being judged fairly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arguably the face of the biggest girl group in history isn't fit to judge an entertainment show?

She may be from 1996 but being part of one of the biggest groups of all time doesn't qualify you to judge this show then I don't know what will, Mel B is easily more qualified to judge than the other three combined

Being an X-Factor judge isn't about your "credentials", though. It's about bringing an audience to the show and boosting ratings.

It's 2014. Spice Girls were massive 1996 - 2000, and then had a reunion seven years ago. Kids don't know her, teenagers don't know her and adults will just remember her as a Spice Girl from years ago. Who is going to tune into the show because of her? Cheryl was in the biggest girlband in the UK when she joined, Kelly had some hits as a solo career when she joined (including a top ten song with David Guetta a year before she joined the panel), Tulisa was part of an urban group that spawned two platinum albums when she joined, Nicole had a #1 single and some other hits the year before she joined...they were all relevant and were being played on radio and music channels and were in the charts.

I would rather just have Simon/Cheryl/Louis than a Mel B on the panel.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope it isnt true but i do expect it to be her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have Alesha Dixon on X Factor and Mel B on Britain Got Talent
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How about being articulate and being able to give constructive criticism, rather than being nasty? Sadly, Simon Cowell is obviously more interested in having a pantomime villain judge - and Mel B fits the bill. She was appalling on Stepping Out - nasty and miserable.
  • Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Being an X-Factor judge isn't about your "credentials", though. It's about bringing an audience to the show and boosting ratings.

It's 2014. Spice Girls were massive 1996 - 2000, and then had a reunion seven years ago. Kids don't know her, teenagers don't know her and adults will just remember her as a Spice Girl from years ago. Who is going to tune into the show because of her? Cheryl was in the biggest girlband in the UK when she joined, Kelly had some hits as a solo career when she joined (including a top ten song with David Guetta a year before she joined the panel), Tulisa was part of an urban group that spawned two platinum albums when she joined, Nicole had a #1 single and some other hits the year before she joined...they were all relevant and were being played on radio and music channels and were in the charts.

What do you mean kids or teenagers don't know her? Everyone I know knows who she is and knows the Spice Girl's music. Not all young people are thick you know. All my friends love 80s and 90s music, and remember all the songs, even though we were toddlers in the era.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Give her a chance for god sake. Talk about judging a book by its cover

She's being judged fairly she has done X factor aus before she has done AGT etc & IMO she is terrible
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean kids or teenagers don't know her? Everyone I know knows who she is and knows the Spice Girl's music. Not all young people are thick you know. All my friends love 80s and 90s music, and remember all the songs, even though we were toddlers in the era.

THIS!

As well as i doubt the younguns knew who Dannii Minogue was, Mel B is there for the older crowd like Dannii and Sharon was. The Younguns have Chezza!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    She's being judged fairly she has done X factor aus before she has done AGT etc & IMO she is terrible

not everyone has seen her on those shows, or even those shows at all, most are just going off the 1 or 2? episodes she was just a guest on xf, so i wouldn`t say she`s being completely judged fairly and many haven`t seen her in other situations.
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THIS!

As well as i doubt the younguns knew who Dannii Minogue was, Mel B is there for the older crowd like Dannii and Sharon was. The Younguns have Chezza!

I think the older crowd', who will watch for Mel B are people who watch the show already
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »

Actually she is being judged on whether people like her or not
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Well in that case can't the same thing be said about Louis now, is he appealing to kids & teens? Do a lot of teens even watch? Do they not go out and if not and are watching would they even care? They'll just watch regardless if they're staying in unless there interested in ballroom dancing which would be a small minority

And he whole nasty aspect isn't that why people wanted Simon back?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in that case can't the same thing be said about Louis now, is he appealing to kids & teens? Do a lot of teens even watch? Do they not go out and if not and are watching would they even care? They'll just watch regardless if they're staying in unless there interested in ballroom dancing which would be a small minority

And he whole nasty aspect isn't that why people wanted Simon back?

I was actually shocked to find a lot more teenagers/young adults watch Strictly and really love it, a lot of them watch whatever their parents watch
    The argument I think that some people can make for Mel is that people who will watch Mel and want her on the show are already watching the Xfactor, so the audience is staying the same nothing new, so no increase/new viewers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually shocked to find a lot more teenagers/young adults watch Strictly and really love it, a lot of them watch whatever their parents watch
    The argument I think that some people can make for Mel is that people who will watch Mel and want her on the show are already watching the Xfactor, so the audience is staying the same nothing new, so no increase/new viewers

i do agree even though i like her, Mel isn`t someone to bring the viewers in, well maybe a few, not many, the viewers already there will just get used to her over time, any rise in viewers at first anyway will come from the fact its a new series, the Chez / Simon return out of a little interest/curiosity
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel B said in twitter she was packing for australia - now im not sure but if the auditions are this week, doesnt that add a bit of a twist to the rumours - unless shes going to miss the first auditions
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i do agree even though i like her, Mel isn`t someone to bring the viewers in, well maybe a few, not many, the viewers already there will just get used to her over time, any rise in viewers at first anyway will come from the fact its a new series, the Chez / Simon return out of a little interest/curiosity

But the x factor shouldnt be about judges
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    But the x factor shouldnt be about judges

Unfortunately it is especially in the earlier rounds , the judges are a big draw and focus, during the live rounds it becomes more about the talent but if people dont watch the earlier stuff the talent is screwed as the audience cant build a connection with them