Tumble (Merged)

Comments

• Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't people like Louis Smith and Tom Daley focus on trying to win gold medals at the next Olympics and stop trying to be showbiz celebrities and getting involved in shite tv shows.

The show was dreadful, scrapping bottom of the barrel stuff.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As well as the "Tweedle" gaffe, we had "difficultness" from the BBC presenter. Good grief.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Its just Saturday evening telly. I never expect anything better from broadcasters. Its light entertainment, barely worth a comment.
    If I want to see Dostoyevsky translated into Swedish by Strindberg for added misery and performed by a cast of depressives I will go elsewhere.
    Lol! :D
    johnooo wrote: »
    Exactly. Saturday evening casual entertainment and people and screaming and shouting. I think a doctors appointment is necessary for many here to discuss anger management and high blood pressure possible problems.

Yes.
    This is Saturday night light entertainment, broadcast at the time when many of us are doing other things while the telly is on in the background.
    And it fits the bill quite well.

Sure, there were a few mistakes, ('Tweadle', for example, lol!) and it was a bit rough around the edges, but so what?
    Some people need to take their anxiety meds and then give the show a chance.

Or just not watch it if it makes them feel that bad...
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    J.R wrote: »
    Ooops sorry. I don't know either group - or the girls - to be honest.

You're excused! I doubt the majority of the British public would recognise more than 2 or 3 out of 10 of the very poor line up of 'celebrities'...! :D
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    As well as the "Tweedle" gaffe, we had "difficultness" from the BBC presenter. Good grief.

Must admit I did cringe at the 'difficultness' word. At least she doesn't say 'of' instead of 'have' which really does irritate me. ;-)
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was Johnny Vegas on?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit I did cringe at the 'difficultness' word. At least she doesn't say 'of' instead of 'have' which really does irritate me. ;-)

If it is good enough for the OED then I am prepared to accept it
    difficultness, n.
    Etymology: < difficult adj. + -ness suffix.
    rare.
    The quality of being difficult; difficulty.

The OED has three examples of its use in the 16th and 17th Century, one from C S Forester in 1934 and
    1947 Trans. Philol. Soc. 1946 195 The growth in more serious shape of that difficultness—at times almost suggestive of nascent ‘persecution-mania’—which prevented any happy relationships with almost all of his academic colleagues.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,669
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    Surely this should be 2004!
    Indeed! Thought I'd proof-read the post. Obviously not :blush:
    Beth Tweedle? She can't even say her name right the stupid cow.
    Yes. And I'm sure you've never mis-pronounced a word in your life. Right?!
    This is a thread full of writing, it's not audible. I also don't even see many people typing in all caps. If you're reading it aloud to yourself and raising your voice in the process, that's a personal choice but the only thing I am hearing when I read this thread is the gentle hum of my laptop fan. If you are hearing voices when read this thread, perhaps take your own advice or at least get an ad blocker to stop any video adverts.
    Congratulations on both your mastery of pedantry and completely missing the whole point of the post.
    oulandy wrote: »
    Yes. Your point is... what? That you've never mis-spoken in your life so no-one else should? :confused:
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was Ok. Too long though and needed two presenters. Maybe for a first series it would have been better with only 6 or so celebs - it seemed very dragged out and by the time it got to the end I'd forgotten who was on at the beginning - not that I knew most of them. Enjoyed the routine from the professionals though - worth it just for that. I think it needs a few weeks to find it's feet. A lot of programmes don't catch on straight away. The celebrities must have worked hard though and there were one or two really good performances. I'll give it a few more weeks (I think) to see how it goes on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Agreed, but it is quite beyond me why anyone would have expected any other outcome. This had 'car crash' written all over it from the moment the concept was made public some months ago.

It's hard to believe that it actually got beyond the first commissioning meeting. The people responsible for green lighting this tosh should be utterly humiliated and never allowed to work in television again.

I appreciate that not every new show is going to be a winner, but really! It's not like the BBC can hide behind the 'well we are pushing boundaries and trying to break new ground' argument. This is just a cack handed rehash of a pretty crap formula to begin with. And as for that Jones woman. Is there nothing the BBC won't shove her into? She may be OK for sitting on a sofa but anything more demanding and she is way out of her depth, even for Tumble!
    Terrible show. Totally predictable. Might have been saved by a decent presenter.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed half of it last week so will try to catch in full to get a better feel of it this evening but at least they're learning something challenging and some have come a long way in a short time. John Partridge was magnificent, he might appear to have an advantage as a talented dancer but there's probably aspects he's had to unlearn which can be difficult. Would rather watch this that some of the other dire BBC Saturday night shows like Reflex or I Love My Country.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I thought it was ok (only today watched last weeks!) but after a few it was a bit samey. Once youve seen one amueter on the rings youve seen them all.

I was disappointed that the bloke who kept dropping his woman in practise changed the routine so we never got to see if he managed it!
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is excited about tonight's show with Beth Tweedle?
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Chopan wrote: »
    Who is excited about tonight's show with Beth Tweedle?

Not many by the lack of action in this thread for a week!
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully a bit more adventurous this week!
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Cringe*
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi - is this the main thread?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they seem to have found the colour button
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    HA HA The doors got stuck! :D
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I don't know why people think this show is bad, I love this show and find it entertaining even though I think the judges comments and scores don't relate. :p.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »

Yes. :) Hope lava bread brain can pronounce Beths surname right tonight.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    vixyvic wrote: »

It seems to be. :)
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people think this show is bad, I love this show and find it entertaining even though I think the judges comments and scores don't relate. :p.
    Like Splash! ;-)
  • inverness1967inverness1967 Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind the doors!
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no more hoops! Please