Frank Skinner hosts new Room 101

Comments

• RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Did he have any spats with the judges on the dancing show though?
    It looked like he was trying to get into a slanging match with Mack on Room 101 and was looking smug after some of his remarks and I was sat there thinking - just don't because you'll get mauled - and I think Mack was thinking the same and left it as not to spoil the show.

He didn't have any real spats with the judges on Strictly although he did answer back a little, but that's nothing different to others.
    I did think he was trying to rile Lee Mack, and as you say Mack chose not to take the bait not to spoil the show and laughed it off.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    I usually like Miles Jupp but he was poor, Kelly Hoppen was a complete waste of time and Vernon Kay was OK.

When Vernon Kay is the best of the three, it isn't a vintage episode.
    I've generally enjoyed the series so far though.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I laughed my socks off as usual. Frank makes every episode a giggle for me, regardless of guests and choices. I think people get too wrapped up in who's on

Oh likewise, I love it!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Skinner does his best but you still need interesting people and interesting choices.
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skinner does his best but you still need interesting people and interesting choices.

I disagree. On paper there's nothing interesting at all about kids climbing up slides, but the pictures they put up as a consequence had me in tears.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Funny as it is, I find it a bit 'try hard' with Frank and his clips/pictures, got to be a gag every minute just doesn't flow for me, but I'm still hung up on the old format.
    Less LOL moments, more gentle, plus you can let guests get right into their stride getting properly annoyed.
    Then the host does their thing giving them a bit of a ribbing.
    Then again, I'm back to listening to Radio 4's comedy output.

Rewatched a couple of the old extra storage episodes the other night
    too.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he have any spats with the judges on the dancing show though?
    It looked like he was trying to get into a slanging match with Mack on Room 101 and was looking smug after some of his remarks and I was sat there thinking - just don't because you'll get mauled - and I think Mack was thinking the same and left it as not to spoil the show.

It was a bit uncomfortable. Though he was on Mack's team on Would I Lie to You and they seemed to get on fine then. Maybe that was cut better and there was some residual. Or maybe one of them was just a bit grumpy on 101. We all have off days.
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    There's something unsavoury about Frank Skinner and David Walliams.
    I avoid programmes featuring either of them.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    theid wrote: »
    I avoid programmes featuring either of them time room 101 was axed for good
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicola_T wrote: »
    The format, according to the audience figures is working fine. You're just hankering for the old one.

It's much better with three people, even if they all from the 'BBC stable'.
    It's an excellent half hour
    Well I laughed my socks off as usual. Frank makes every episode a giggle for me, regardless of guests and choices. I think people get too wrapped up in who's on
    I totally agree
    Is Frank a bit too working class ?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I love this show, but disagree that any old bore can be on and it doesn't matter. The idiot from Hairy Bikers was particularly obnoxious and behaved like it was his first time on TV. And Kelly Hoppen almost sent me into a coma!
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,045
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »

No... and Walliams isn't a bit too posh. They both just give me the creeps.
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank going on about his girlfriend and the toilet roll, I thought, was hilarious. :D
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No... and Walliams isn't a bit too posh. They both just give me the creeps.

Frank is a good bloke and supports my team.;-)

Another entertaining 30 minutes last night.
  • playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish they would bring back Baddiel and Skinner unplanned.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank is a good bloke and supports my team.;-)

Another entertaining 30 minutes last night.

I found the woman very informative - if dull. I didn't know about cars having eye lashes or about being unable to avoid dill. I'd never even heard of it.

Still the fast forward button is handy.
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise there were proper lashes available. There's a pink Ford KA in town with painted on lashes and when she started I thought that's what she meant but was amazed that they actually sell 'lashes'
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can take working class people in small doses. :)
    Forum Member
    When does a multi millionaire stop becomming working class?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that was a good un. I was surprised how enjoyable it was.
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member

I think he lost a lot in the Iceland bank crisis, so maybe he's not a millionaire any more and has gone back to being working class.
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    I think he lost a lot in the Iceland bank crisis, so maybe he's not a millionaire any more and has gone back to being working class.

He lost some but still had millions left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When he learns it's: I took, I have taken, he took, he has taken, they took, they have taken.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good episode tonight, I thought - noone came over as mean or petty, and the choices were great. Though they seem to be making more of an effort with the editing to keep it interesting, it's really the guests that make it.

Something's been worrying me: why do I find Giles Brandreth sexy now? He's a Tory, he rarely shuts up...but there it is. (Help. Please.)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Not keen on the audience choice bit, I don't recall seeing that before. Tonight's ep was probably my least favourite so far.