Options

How quickly they forget..

13»

Comments

• Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like people forget what a sour faced miserable spiteful bitchy little girl Asleigh was

And still is . My goodness I've never come across such a bitter young girl . How she won a beauty contest I've no idea .
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    I'm not going to forget how Helen acted in the first few weeks - and she is very lucky to still be in that house- but I've enjoyed seeing her in a better light recently. It has contributed to a more enjoyable series. Still prefer most of the others though

It does make you wonder how certain housemates in earlier series might have fared if they had the luxury of knowing they had over two months to redeem themselves

Exactly, that's how she naturally reacts.....that hasn't changed she's simply suppressing it so she didn't get removed.:o
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Ha, come on, you know I like neigh, love a a high horse. I'm just shooting the breeze too Bunsie (can I call you Bunsie?). :p

(♪, ♫) Duppy know ah who fi frighten mek dem try
    Jungle jesus strike dem with lightning you have a problem
    Talk direct to me, shell down di place if yuh waan step to me yeah
    Wha happen to dem
    :o
    You've just been promoted to FBB Forum Best Bredrin :cool: :D

But don't be callin me no 'Bunsie' seen? >:(
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Here's a thought to conjure with, inspired by something that nice looking man on BBBOTS said last night (that's Thursday BTW). He said something to the effect that people don't really change it is just that the mask falls off.

We hear time and time again it said of HM's, after a couple of weeks, that their true colours have come out. Helen started as very nasty and got better. So why can't it be the same for Helen and that her true colours came out.

Or to use the phrase of the handsome man on BBBOTS maybe nasty Helen was the mask and nice Helen is the true colours. Why in her case is it assumed that Helen put on the mask part way through the series at the point when others are believed to be dropping the mask..

Just a thought.

An Thropologist and 'handsome/ nice looking man, from BOTS' sitting in a tree. :p

(forgive me I am in a childish mood tonight- I agree with you really).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a thought to conjure with, inspired by something that nice looking man on BBBOTS said last night (that's Thursday BTW). He said something to the effect that people don't really change it is just that the mask falls off.

We hear time and time again it said of HM's, after a couple of weeks, that their true colours have come out. Helen started as very nasty and got better. So why can't it be the same for Helen and that her true colours came out.

Or to use the phrase of the handsome man on BBBOTS maybe nasty Helen was the mask and nice Helen is the true colours. Why in her case is it assumed that Helen put on the mask part way through the series at the point when others are believed to be dropping the mask..

Just a thought.

The only reason HMs alter their behaviour is the feedback they get . They either get it through a warning from BB, other HMs and since C5 took over all the feedback from outside the house .
  • Options
    snickypoosnickypoo Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just a thought.
    A very good point! I think basically, Helen is this years hated housemate, she could become a nun and she would still be hated, its very sad, the Helen of the first couple of weeks was like a wounded animal, lashing out and ready to attack all the time, it was her defence mechanism, hurt or be hurt. As you say, I believe the nasty Helen was the fake Helen, and we are getting the real one now, I for one like her, I am really worried that she will get an awful reception when she gets out, I dont think she is as tough as she would like us to think she is, she will be gutted I feel:(
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen's story... free pass to the final... Helen is seen kicking off regular.. Helen is seen swearing at people... get's in faces... insults people... Helen is given formal warnings... a new Helen gradually follows

Which ever angle you buy or believe the above is definitely one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snickypoo wrote: »
    A very good point! I think basically, Helen is this years hated housemate, she could become a nun and she would still be hated, its very sad, the Helen of the first couple of weeks was like a wounded animal, lashing out and ready to attack all the time, it was her defence mechanism, hurt or be hurt. As you say, I believe the nasty Helen was the fake Helen, and we are getting the real one now, I for one like her, I am really worried that she will get an awful reception when she gets out, I dont think she is as tough as she would like us to think she is, she will be gutted I feel:(

The real Helen is the nasty, foulmouth original Helen . Are you forgetting how she mocked and bitched about the other HMs with that other nasty piece of work Pauline and Ash, about those who were not in her gang .
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    The real Helen is the nasty, foulmouth original Helen . Are you forgetting how she mocked and bitched about the other HMs with that other nasty piece of work Pauline and Ash, about those who were not in her gang .

Well yes she was but that was when she was wearing her mask. But when it fell we saw her true colours shining through

All together now...

your true colours and that's why we love you,
    So don't be afraid to let them show
    your true colours,
    true colours are beautiful like a rainbow

;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    No I haven't forgotten, I will say it again for the umpteenth time, in the first couple of weeks or so I thought Helen was horrible nasty etc etc, her behaviour towards certain others was disgusting, but, as the weeks have gone on I have seen a different side to her, she doesn't fly off the handle and get in anyones face anymore, she doesnt rant and rave, she has learned to walk away, she has changed for the better in my opinion, and Im a strong believer in giving second chances, she has won me over anyway, I might regret it later when I find that I have been 'duped' but for now she has my support. NB Helen isnt the only HM in there to have mocked and bitched about people.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member

Just a thought.
    Well said! Bizarrely compared to most Hms present and past she doesn't want to assume a nicer persona for the public. She shies away from the niceness and shies away from the showmance. Even If she is going to to do anything with Ash she declares she definitely will not. It's kind of refreshing in a way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Helen would be, by far, the most profitable winner for Big Brother so they're probably giving her the best edit possible. She's unfortunately just not that likeable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Just like people forget what a sour faced miserable spiteful bitchy little girl Asleigh was

Still is
  • Options
    GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourGrapes wrote: »
    I'm not going to forget how Helen acted in the first few weeks - and she is very lucky to still be in that house- but I've enjoyed seeing her in a better light recently. It has contributed to a more enjoyable series. Still prefer most of the others though

It does make you wonder how certain housemates in earlier series might have fared if they had the luxury of knowing they had over two months to redeem themselves

In fairness to Helen, her 'journey' could have been worse. Imagine if Pauline had got a pass to the final - I think I'd have shot the television, or maybe even myself, by now.

There have been many terrible housemates in the past; Conor, Seany, Luke, but I'm guessing what most of them would have done with the freedom Helen's been allowed is dig themselves in even deeper.
  • Options
    Cornish GirlCornish Girl Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I <3 Tweety wrote: »
    Haha good joke :D

But really... she is nasty. Is it not nasty to make people feel alone and like crap as well as intimidated and fearful?

Haven't the whole house been guilty of making Pav feel alone?
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    and still is ;-)

no she isn't and she hasn't had multiple warnings about her behaviour unlike Helen.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Haven't the whole house been guilty of making Pav feel alone?

Apparently everything bad in that house is Ashleigh's fault, pathetic.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    snickypoo wrote: »
    Well said ThatJosh! Sadly though Iv'e a feeling you might have to say it a few times more yet :)

Two weeks until the final isn't it? :)
  • Options
    vanoravanora Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I not a Helen fan but I've mellowed towards her but I would not want her to win.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Apparently everything bad in that house is Ashleigh's fault, pathetic.

Apparently everything bad in that house is Helen's fault. She's been protected by tptb for a 'price' according to some, pathetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't we forgive and forget? Let her have the £100,000 - Her salon needs re-papering.
  • Options
    QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how come she's had 15 warnings and is still there?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how come she's had 15 warnings and is still there?!
    I keep asking, and I keep looking but I can't find any real proof that Helen had 15 warnings? I don't suppose you could post a link could you? It's driving me nuts trawling back through threads and video's, I can only find, one diary room telling off (not a warning) and 1 formal warning?