Options

HO Spoilers - Cast Cull Victims Leaked?

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
I'm not 100% sure if this is true but this is what it seems like anyway
A while ago, I remember seeing that there was going to be a BIG cast shake up this year, bigger than any before, meaning another cast cull. I remember the victims being Mercedes, Carmel, Nancy, Esther, Phoebe, George, Dodger and Frankie. However, I didn't think this seemed real as the victims seemed so unlikely. However I saw another poster saw this and posted it on the Mercedes leaving thread, which jogged my memory.

As sad as it is, it's now looking more and more likely that this is true, for these reasons...

1. Carmel and Mercedes have already been confirmed to be leaving, and by the looks of things, Mercedes was accidentally leaked due to no official article. Usually they don't keep such a big character leaving under wraps like this unless they're going to do some big surprise exit.

2. Nancy is looking VERY likely to be leaving, just the way her characters going. Usually before a big characters death they start going through a big dramatic period beforehand. Like a series of events that culminate in a big death. For example Rhys cheating with Cindy, Danny walking out on Sam, Sam becoming more and more stressed, Browning and Fraser getting more and more evil e.t.c. Nancy has had a lot of things going on recently. Sleeping with different men, getting attacked by Finn, making her seem more bossy than usual, could these be a series of rents leading to a big death?

3. Esther, Phoebe and George are also looking very likely. You only need to look at Texas, Leanne and Doug. A trio of best fiends brought in as freshers, but they quickly run out of SLs for them and kill then off on the same year. With Esther, Phoebe and George they appear to be clueless were to go with them and seem like typical HO cast cull victims. Plus didn't they say Esther would have a big few events recently? Am I not right in thinking theey said the same about Mercedes who is now going soon?

4. Dodger has been wanting to leave the village since Texas died but something has ways coincidentally stopped him. They can't keep this going forever and tbh I've been thinking a while that he'll leave

5. Can't speak for Frankie but all the other things add up

What do we all think? I think these are all too much of a coincidence

Comments

• Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I agree with everything, which is awfully sad!
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Carmel, Mercedes, nancy, dodger and Esther are popular characters, BK would insane to to kill them off, actually it sounds like something he would do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Need To Worry If They Leave Bk And His Team Will Have New Characters Identical To Them Within A Few Months Of Them Leaving
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting read! The majority of these characters going would effectively shred the show to pieces as it involves popular and long-running characters. Then again the annual cull is coming up and we've see how far BK can go on the warpath killing whoever he wants. I truly despair for the future of HO under his lead.
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that's true then it's ridiculous! If the actors wanted to leave then fair play, but if not, why axe such popular characters? I'm really starting to consider tuning off HO as it's becoming so unrecognisable!

One thing that does make me think it's fake is that Dennis isn't mentioned and, with his exit imminent, I'd have thought the only real way they could write him out was by killing him off. How else would they explain him leaving when he's just found Blessing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh and I forgot to say, I've seen more than one apparent rumours that Dodger is leaving
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My expectations are for the McQueen stunt to kill Phoebe (and maybe George) and for it to be Mercedes fault as per causing her to leave town. I think Esther is on her way out but I don't see Dodger going anywhere. He seems like the 'Rhys' or the 'Russ' being the only one left once the entire family is wiped off the cast list.

Frankie - I don't know she's the longest serving female cast member now. Nancy, yeah I guess I can see it but I just don't see them axing any females if 3 of their 4 longest serving females were leaving of their own accord.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure we'll have Jammie to replace Dodger if he leaves, just like Porsche is joining now Mercedes is off.
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    This all sounds like it could easily happen :(
    I'm sure we'll have Jammie to replace Dodger if he leaves, just like Porsche is joining now Mercedes is off.

:D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've stopped watching it and by the looks of it I've made the right call.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If dodger goes who will win sexiest make every year?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Fudge to replace Carmel
    Monica to replace Phoebe
    Oliver to replace Nancy
  • Options
    pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand, why if you were getting rid of characters would you not get rid of freddie. he's an even worse actor than andie mc dowell
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »

Fudge to replace Carmel
    Monica to replace Phoebe
    Oliver to replace Nancy

lol!

sean paul to replace john paul
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they killed off Mercedes, Nancy and Frankie together I would be p****d. :(
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol!

Annie Lennox to replace Sinead O'Connor.
  • Options
    kjg1995kjg1995 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't surprise me if BK knows his time is coming to an end on the show maybe and decides to kill off several popular characters in a kind of 'noone can use them after me' way.
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ivy can replace Holly.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty obvious BK cares little for long term characters or many decent characters at all, his about explosions, destructive drama and constant death & poorly written characters and storylines.

Gone has the man who for a brief period changed how people viewed Hollyoaks in 2006-2008.

I feel the show is running out of steam and imagination, the days of emotive, gritty and realist drama is gone out of the window.

The show needs a new direction, fresh blood and a new person in charge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where have people heard that dodger might leave? I really hope he doesn't as I think he still has a lot more potential and good storylines to be involved in. They will make a mistake if they get rid of dodger especially with the shipping of him & maxine
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »

Fudge to replace Carmel
    Monica to replace Phoebe
    Oliver to replace Nancy
    lol!

Annie Lennox to replace Sinead O'Connor.
    winter99 wrote: »
    Ivy can replace Holly.

:D:D:D:D

Dexter to replace Dee Dee!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Benny to replace Frankie
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this is just a rumour. Think it would be one step to far getting rid of more than one member of the Osbornes, especially with two already going from the McQueens. If anything I'd say Patrick, Sienna, Finn and Freddie would be front runners to be on their way out.
  • Options
    mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Even if this list is true (and it very well may be) it doesn't mean that all these characters will be killed off, just leaving through various means.

While I'm gutted about Mercedes I wouldn't be disappointed to see the back of any of the others mentioned. Most of them are pretty annoying characters or just so underused that they are practically invisible. Can't see Phoebe being one though unless the actress has chosen to leave as I would have imagined he wouldn't want to lose that many McQueen's in one go