Gary Busey Criticises Royal Family, Uk television And Fellow HouseMates

Comments

• Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Exactly!

I'm not a Royalist either, can't stand Downtown.

And if anyone is here from the USA, I can't stand grits either LOL!

:)
    But George Clooney's is in it this seris
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Isn't this the paper that just makes things up totally? Like out of thin air. I hope they have recordings.

Not that a lot of what was said was all that different than what many believe. The Royals are often almost pariahs in their own country, whenever it's not convenient to march them out for a ceremony. It was clear all along Gary knew the USA Big Brother, because he kept quoting it's tagline like a broken record--I think at most times thought he was actually on it and had to work to remember he wasn't. It sounds ungracious to slag the show he was just on, then again I wonder if he even remembers how recently he was on it (that's again assuming the quotes are even real). For all Gary's broken brain might think, it's been months. The stuff about the housemates he seems to be being consistent about, assuming the paper isn't just making those statements up.

Gary's a nutcase, but none of this offends me.
  • JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Well it's convinced me, if it's in the Star and it's written in proper writing then of course it is true.

I hate Gary now, they are right and everything horrible that has ever been said about is right and true too.
    I'm going to set fire to my videos and stick my head in a bucket of ice until I have removed all trace of him from my person.
    When I used to like him, I covered my hands in poo,to emulate him, I shall now be removing that also!
    I feel such a fool now.

Gary ,Gary, Gary.....
  • Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed that there may be people who believe anything they read in The Daily Star, but even if the interview had been genuine, I wouldn't be offended at all.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An arrogant yank insulting another country for not being exactly like 'merica? Wow, I'm so surprised
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who really cares what Busey thinks? I certainly don't. Americans have always been jealous of our heritage - their soldiers don't even march in step! :D
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Who really cares what Busey thinks? I certainly don't. Americans have always been jealous of our heritage - their soldiers don't even march in step! :D

I admit i'm jealous of your accents and that your law types wear those white wig thingies. Also, i'd prefer to go to a UK school with a proper uniform, over a lot of the USA public schools.
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »

But isn't our heritage their heritage :confused:
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Rosie50 wrote: »

No way?! *googles* bloody hell! he is and all!
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't like Gary but if he is antimonarchist then maybe he's not so bad afterall.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as it's a quiet morning, let's analyse the article:

["Your royals are from the past. They are just a tradition and symbol of something that meant so much to England way back when—but not now. Now they are more like a sideshow. There's a lot of scandal and misrepresentation of love at Buckingham Palace. Prince Charles and Camilla and Diana and going with the Arab guy. And they're Germans!," claimed Gary of the Royal Family.
    OK. many British people feel the same way. (and I'm not being anti-Royalist here, I'm pro). And yep, technically they are Germans (with a side order of Greek). Hardly shocking stuff.

My great grandfather was Irish, my grandparents were all born in Britain, as were my parents. Does the fact one of my ancestors was Irish make me Irish? No, so, technically, the Royal Family aren't German, or Greek. Going back to Prince Albert and Queen Victoria's son, Edward V11, he and the monarchs who ruled after him, were all born in London and, mostly, to British parents. I couldn't care less either way about the monarchy but I really find this constant harping back to their German (or Greek, or whatever) heritage really irritating.

As for Gary, if he's said these things then I find it disappointing, but not surprising. All that effusive 'love you' to each other makes my stomach turn, it's so false.
  • SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta LOL at forum members desperate to find some consolation in this article that's come out full of headline spin..

"You gotta let it go maann,get out of your own way..only then can you embrace the love in a new kind of freedom.....HONK!!!!"

"I've already won"
  • fasbinder_62fasbinder_62 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    its only Americans that think the royal family are still relevant
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    KT_Dog wrote: »
    No way?! *googles* bloody hell! he is and all!

what???????????? i thought it was a joke :o:o
    blimey i'm going to have to watch Downton now ...bugger
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rosie50 wrote: »

Is he?

Oh, well call me shallow then maybe I'll take a look LOL!

HONK!

:)
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Round of applause for Gary ,and yes he is right Dee is a big fat liar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    My great grandfather was Irish, my grandparents were all born in Britain, as were my parents. Does the fact one of my ancestors was Irish make me Irish?
    Good point. I didn't think that closely. To be accurate, I should have put 'of Greek and German descent' instead.
    Just as you're 'of Irish descent' a bit. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its only Americans that think the royal family are still relevant
    Probably not the place to get into an in-depth discussion about the Royal Family, but they do actually contribute considerably more to the economy than they cost. So in that respect at least they are highly relevant.
    Not to mention that Charles has been extremely influential in a number of fields he's stuck his beak into ...
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do people always say the royal family are german fgs they are a mixture of many ancestries including english.
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I don't like Gary Busey at all. Having said that I don't see a problem with what he's said here. I"m a Royalist but respect the fact many, many, many people view the whole concept as outdated. The rest of the world heavily criticizes American politics and it's leaders (often justifiably) so it's not really worth getting twisty over what he says about the royals. Again I'm a Downtown viewer and realize it's not for everyone. Part of the reason we have choice in film, television and books is because we all have different tastes. Despite it being incredibly popular the whole LOTR stuff is a complete insomnia cure for me. Then again perhaps in another life he had a horrible experience in early 20th century Britain and it's too painful to watch.
    Given how divisive the CBB house was this year I expect they all have negative thoughts about one another and will change opinions after speaking with people on the outside and viewing the HL shows. He was the focus of the main story line and the winner so of course he'll get the most press. When all is said and done he's left some mighty big shoes for the next Yank to fill when they enter the CBB house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If indeed it's true that he did say this, he'd only be speaking the truth.

The Royal family need to go,

Our TV is filled with mostly lies, propaganda and brainwashing nonsense,

And the housemates were heinous!

(Audley being the exception).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we just step back for a minute from the Royals/no Royals argument, the point was that Gary actually didn't really say anything contentious. It was the Daily Slur that made it out that he was being scandalous.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wotnot wrote: »
    But isn't our heritage their heritage :confused:

And... even if it wasn't :confused: Don't Americans still love it & our Royal family ???

What happened to his accolade of the Great in GB.....was it all a big fib ? :p
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    DryIce wrote: »
    If indeed it's true that he did say this, he'd only be speaking the truth.

The Royal family need to go,

Our TV is filled with mostly lies, propaganda and brainwashing nonsense,

And the housemates were heinous!

(Audley being the exception).

To be fair that can be said about American TV as well. It's also worth pointing out that some of the greatest shows in American TV were based on British shows, i.e All In The Family, The Office and the US version of Broadchurch is set to air this fall. The US and Canada also import a lot of UK television shows. Downtown Abbey is very popular over here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    He's expressed his opinion .... as he has every right to do. As for calling Dee a liar. He's RIGHT!

A bare faced one at that Yogacats!
    Pitman wrote: »
    a lot of us Brits hate the Royals too :D

We certainly do, they need to go, they're the biggest benefit scroungers of all!
    Actually in America Republicans show slightly more interest in the Royals then Democrates

Goodness knows why.
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Is anyone honestly surprised he was full of crap..he was spouting rubbish like a motivational speaker being paid to be sincere and coming out with cliches all the way through..nobody truly speaks like that..

No he wasn't, and unless you've met every single person on the planet you can't speak for everyone, I've met people like Gary in my time.
    When you criticize the Newspaper..does that mean you think the quotes are a complete fabrication? Another case where Gary should Sue i guess.

Or is it just a cause of attacking the messenger...."yeah Gary said it but it the fault of the people who reported it" "yeah Gary shit all over the toilet and himself but its the fault of the people who poited it out" "yeah Gary was rude and difficult to talk to and deal with but its the fault of the people who had to live with him and got aggravated dealing with him 24 hours a day"

Yes, most of what all newspapers report is fabrication, or at least embellished, but the star in particular print lies often.

Gary did not defecate all over the toilet, where did you get that from? He urinated on the seat, but then again so do most men sometimes.

As for the housemates, did Audley feel the need to humiliate Gary?

How would you like it if you were getting on and in a care home, or in hospital following surgery or something such as a stroke, and the person caring for you decided to tell your visitors that you pooed in your pants, peed the bed, or became aroused during the night?

Or would you say "hey, that's okay, because I did do these things, the person caring for me is just speaking the truth".