• hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea who Union J are.

They came 4th on last years X Factor
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting closer now. I can't wait for this game. Just got my shiny Giratina from Game this week too. I'll definitely be paying for the Pokemon Bank so I can transfer all of my pokemon over and get the dex filled as soon as possible. I have them all in the boxes in order ready in White 2. Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard... so I don't have to do anything in X and Y and will just have the dex fully finished up until 649. Took me ages lol

Well I'm missing a couple of event pokemon so almost complete, tempted to AR them as it's the only way I could get them as noone would want to trade me a legit one.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They came 4th on last years X Factor

Ah, that explains why I haven't a clue.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my venusaur set mapped out! :)

Venusaur: Leftovers/mega stone

-Toxic
    -Venoshock
    -Giga drain
    -Earthquake

Toxic for immediate poison, followed by venoshock for base 162 power. Giga drain for healing and to take care of rocks/ground/water. Earthquake to hit back at steels/fires/other poisons.

Flying types are a pain but can just switch to cloyster and take a hit, then follow up with avalanche since cloyster is slow and generally flying types are fast :)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, put in my pre-order today. Really should get back to White 2, I've barely touched it.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you don't mind me asking this on here - my kids are all keen to get the game on its launch day but also want to go to Play Expo in Manchester, so I'm wondering where is going to be the best shop to buy Pokémon X / Y early in the morning before we set off, so they can play it on the way? Game, Toys R Us, Curry's and Argos all say they open at 9 a.m. on a Saturday on their websites which would be after we set off, and HMV says 8 a.m. which would probably be early enough if we don't have to wait in a queue. But I'm just wondering what time ASDA put games out on their launch day? Anyone know, please? Or any better ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can, go into the Asda and ask them, they are probably your best chance of getting it early that day and I think different stores out there games out at different times. Generally though if its out that day and they haven't got it out they'll go look for it for you.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I will ask them.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are partnering up with Union J for the UK release:

https://www.facebook.com/unionjworld/posts/560128287394434

WHY must they do this (again)? Union J promoting Pokemon? They are aimed at a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT target audience. If anything it puts me off buying the Pokemon games. All they need is a good advert with some decent footage from the game and a nice voiceover. Pokemon games practically sell themselves anyway so I don't know why they feel the need to get 'celebrities' involved in the promotions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    WHY must they do this (again)? Union J promoting Pokemon? They are aimed at a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT target audience. If anything it puts me off buying the Pokemon games. All they need is a good advert with some decent footage from the game and a nice voiceover. Pokemon games practically sell themselves anyway so I don't know why they feel the need to get 'celebrities' involved in the promotions.

It dosnt help and it dosnt hinder it atall besides it is now expected of nintendo around the 4Q to ramp up advertising (remember 1D and The Sarurdays), they need to get the nintendo name out there for xmas sales.

Plus the fact they are as you say aimed at a completely different target audience is good more people may buy it. Besides they are massive fans of the franchise. Josh one of the members said on Xtra Factor he cried when he left his pokemon game in the taxi because he got a new high score.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new high score in Pokemon? What did he get a high score in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new high score in Pokemon? What did he get a high score in?

Im guessing he meant highest level. It was caroline flack that questioned him and used the word 'high score'...unless he meant something like Pokemon Rumble?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIfALaMazIU&t=0m36s

we will find out the full extent of this partnership today after the press conference at 1:45pm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah suppose it could have been any of the other Pokemon games, not necessarily a main game. I can't wait for this. I hope Asda or Tesco do a midnight release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah suppose it could have been any of the other Pokemon games, not necessarily a main game. I can't wait for this. I hope Asda or Tesco do a midnight release.

Haha same! I'm thinking about getting X, purely for the awesomeness of Mega Charzard X. I'm thinking my start team will be Froakie/Charmander!

i wonder when we will see the final forms of all three new starter pokemon?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha same! I'm thinking about getting X, purely for the awesomeness of Mega Charzard X. I'm thinking my start team will be Froakie/Charmander!

i wonder when we will see the final forms of all three new starter pokemon?

I don't wanna see them until I evolve them myself so I think I'm staying away from Serebii for this last week before release. I'm getting Y because I want Yvetall (sp?) but the mega-evos look so much cooler on X. I'm hoping they'll give us multiples of the items they need so they can be traded over without losing it so I can get them from my girlfriend as she's getting X.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game has actually been released by accident in Italy; a store started selling it on the first of October lol. They've since stopped selling it but people bought it during that time period and have leaked photos online including the three final evolutions.

I'm happy with team Froakie :)
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The leaked pokedex looks promising. Lack of ground types at the moment but that doesn't really bother me. Mega gyarados looks WEIRD. Not sure about that one.

Need to ask about how best to purchase it. I've never bought a game through the online nintendo store before, will that be available straight away? I just know if I buy a hard copy I'd be too tempted to sell it on somewhere down the line, I always do and I don't want that to be the case with this game. If I install it, temptation isn't there
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's weird how (imo) Chespin looks the best but it's final evolution is the worst and Froakie looks awful but it's final evolution is so badass. I feel underwhelmed by Fennekin's final evolution but I'll probably pick that one.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite interesting that pretty much every major review site is thrashing X/Y and it's poor story and how the game mechanics haven't changed very much from every game before it, and yet, they still all give it very, very high scores, lol.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been avoiding the forums on the main sites (and all the main sites bar Serebii who will publish only officially unveiled information) because I want to go into this game knowing as little as possible... knowing the entire Unova dex months before the English release kinda ruined it... Anyway, could anyone tell me please, from the leaks, roughly how many new Pokemon do we have? I'm hoping the mega evolutions haven't eaten into the Kalos dex. :l Also, are there any PROPER evolutions of older gen Pokemon? I'm really hoping so! (But if there are, PLEASE don't say who they are! I just want a yes or no. Thank you :))
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been avoiding the forums on the main sites (and all the main sites bar Serebii who will publish only officially unveiled information) because I want to go into this game knowing as little as possible... knowing the entire Unova dex months before the English release kinda ruined it... Anyway, could anyone tell me please, from the leaks, roughly how many new Pokemon do we have? I'm hoping the mega evolutions haven't eaten into the Kalos dex. :l Also, are there any PROPER evolutions of older gen Pokemon? I'm really hoping so! (But if there are, PLEASE don't say who they are! I just want a yes or no. Thank you :))

Re: new evolution for old pokemon, none have been revealed yet (except mega evo).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I've never played Pokemon, would I be completely lost if I gave this a go?
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never played Pokemon, would I be completely lost if I gave this a go?

I wouldn't think so. The great thing about Pokemon is that whilst it is a series each game is pretty standalone. There's no backstory you won't get told in the game. You'll learn as you play, just like if you would if you started with Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's one new evolution which was revealed months ago but besides that there's no old gen evos. Also, its looking like there's only 70 new pokemon, with only 3 in game legendaries. Event pokemon obviously wouldn't have been released yet because all this info is coming from leaks