Options

The Flavia Cacace Appreciation Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Not much going on here on DS... so I was doing a little surfing and had a look at V&F.com for any possible future events. I read the About Us page again because this has been updated since the last time I read it. I think it must have been updated in the last couple of months - and definitely written by Flavia - so thought it was worth a mention here.

http://www.vincentandflavia.com/about.html

"History:
    It was at the age of 16 for myself and 17 for Vincent that we met in England both looking for new partners to compete with. By complete coincidence we were both Italian, and apart from working on our dancing, my Italian improved and Vincent learnt to speak English so it was a real bonus to us both.

We competed successfully for many years and looking back at our old diaries its hard to imagine how we managed to study, work, rehearse and compete internationally all at the same time.

In 2006 we came away from competitions having achieved all that we wanted with international results and 2006 is the first year we took part in strictly come dancing...

Having come away from competition dancing we found an incredible love for choreographing and performing shows..

The Present...
    Right now, we are living in Guildford, Surrey and this Summer has seen a very hectic season of peformances across the country, and now once again we have been invited to join the current series of Strictly Come Dancing. in 2011 we will have our own classes in Guildford and a March Hare's Ball. The most exciting event is our own Tour, MIDNIGHT TANGO, which is going to tour the major cities of the Mainland. If you're interested in our tour or any other upcoming events, then check out our public bookings and maybe we'll see you at a few in the future!

The Future
    We have often thought it would be good to be able to use our dancing on the films in some way, but that is probably a pious hope, however we do very much want to use our dancing in the commercial world of product promotion. Vincent would like us to be involved in the promotion of fast racy looking cars. I have been involved recently in the promotion of fitness products and I would like to do very much more of that. Compering and hosting events is another aspect which I very much enjoy having hosted several fashion shows. We have developed a strong brand name VincentandFlavia ¨ and we would like to use that to endorse products in which we are interested, particularly to work with a fashion house to promote a VincentandFlavia collection of fashion clothing. Oh and I would like to find a house In Guildford that can be extended in some way to incorporate a dance studio so that I can give private lessons in the future without the problem of finding an available dance floor on every occasion."

Particularly interesting is the points on using their dancing in films and Vincent's wish to promote fast cars...
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    And anyone else of a Yorkshire persuasion!!

Old ones are the best ones!!

Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.

Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
    Vet: "Is it a tom ?"
    Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it wi' me."

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.
    Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
    Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
    Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone, yer daft bugger!"

A Yorkshireman's wife dies and the widower decides that, as she had always been a religious woman, her headstone should have the words "Lord, She was Thine" engraved on it.

He calls the stone mason, who assures him that the headstone will be ready a few days after the funeral. True to his word the stone mason calls the widower to say that the headstone is ready and would he like to come and have a look.

When the widower gets there he takes one look at the stone to see that it's been engraved "Lord, She was Thin".

He explodes - good grief, man, you've left the flamin' "e" out!
    The stone mason apologises and assures the poor widower that it will be rectified the following morning.

Next day comes and the widower returns to the stone mason - "There you go sir, I've put the "e" on the stone for you"..

The widower looks at the stone and then reads out aloud - "E Lord, She was Thin".

Bloke from Barnsley with a sore bum asks the chemist "Nah then lad, does tha sell arse cream?"
    Chemist replies "Aye lad, Magnum or Cornetto?"

JJ :D:D:D;)
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Good jokes JJ :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    excellent JJ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Not much going on here on DS... so I was doing a little surfing and had a look at V&F.com for any possible future events. I read the About Us page again because this has been updated since the last time I read it. I think it must have been updated in the last couple of months - and definitely written by Flavia - so thought it was worth a mention here.

http://www.vincentandflavia.com/about.html

"History:
    It was at the age of 16 for myself and 17 for Vincent that we met in England both looking for new partners to compete with. By complete coincidence we were both Italian, and apart from working on our dancing, my Italian improved and Vincent learnt to speak English so it was a real bonus to us both.

We competed successfully for many years and looking back at our old diaries its hard to imagine how we managed to study, work, rehearse and compete internationally all at the same time.

In 2006 we came away from competitions having achieved all that we wanted with international results and 2006 is the first year we took part in strictly come dancing...

Having come away from competition dancing we found an incredible love for choreographing and performing shows..

The Present...
    Right now, we are living in Guildford, Surrey and this Summer has seen a very hectic season of peformances across the country, and now once again we have been invited to join the current series of Strictly Come Dancing. in 2011 we will have our own classes in Guildford and a March Hare's Ball. The most exciting event is our own Tour, MIDNIGHT TANGO, which is going to tour the major cities of the Mainland. If you're interested in our tour or any other upcoming events, then check out our public bookings and maybe we'll see you at a few in the future!

The Future
    We have often thought it would be good to be able to use our dancing on the films in some way, but that is probably a pious hope, however we do very much want to use our dancing in the commercial world of product promotion. Vincent would like us to be involved in the promotion of fast racy looking cars. I have been involved recently in the promotion of fitness products and I would like to do very much more of that. Compering and hosting events is another aspect which I very much enjoy having hosted several fashion shows. We have developed a strong brand name VincentandFlavia ¨ and we would like to use that to endorse products in which we are interested, particularly to work with a fashion house to promote a VincentandFlavia collection of fashion clothing. Oh and I would like to find a house In Guildford that can be extended in some way to incorporate a dance studio so that I can give private lessons in the future without the problem of finding an available dance floor on every occasion."

Particularly interesting is the points on using their dancing in films and Vincent's wish to promote fast cars...

Yeah, I think is must have been updated pretty recently as I can remember browsing through not too long ago and I don't think it had changed since the last time I had looked.

Shame they never got to do the VW advert that was on telly then....that would have been fab for them and they probably would have loved to have done it :(

So Flav could be looking for a new house too for teaching private lessons...makes sense I suppose, and much easier for her and Vincent. :)

Good to read an updated version :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think is must have been updated pretty recently as I can remember browsing through not too long ago and I don't think it had changed since the last time I had looked.

Shame they never got to do the VW advert that was on telly then....that would have been fab for them and they probably would have loved to have done it :(

So Flav could be looking for a new house too for teaching private lessons...makes sense I suppose, and much easier for her and Vincent. :)

Good to read an updated version :)

I thought it was a good read and well informative. Shame Vincent's bit hasnt been updated with the same tone and manner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Last-Morning-of-2011!!

So its New Years Eve at last. And - weatherwise - its a murky, dank and gloomy day with the thaw continuing. Just afew traces of snow remaining down here.

So - who'se off out tonight??? Going anywhere nice?? We'll be celebrating at home with Jools Holland and a bottle of bubbly.

Enjoy yourselves - and dont forget the Rules!! (No getting arrested; no photos of you lying in the utter)

JJ :):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im off to Cornwall for a "quiet" weekend at lunchtime today so if Im not on before....

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone...!
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    And anyone else of a Yorkshire persuasion!!

Old ones are the best ones!!

Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.

Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
    Vet: "Is it a tom ?"
    Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it wi' me."

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.
    Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
    Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
    Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone, yer daft bugger!"

A Yorkshireman's wife dies and the widower decides that, as she had always been a religious woman, her headstone should have the words "Lord, She was Thine" engraved on it.

He calls the stone mason, who assures him that the headstone will be ready a few days after the funeral. True to his word the stone mason calls the widower to say that the headstone is ready and would he like to come and have a look.

When the widower gets there he takes one look at the stone to see that it's been engraved "Lord, She was Thin".

He explodes - good grief, man, you've left the flamin' "e" out!
    The stone mason apologises and assures the poor widower that it will be rectified the following morning.

Next day comes and the widower returns to the stone mason - "There you go sir, I've put the "e" on the stone for you"..

The widower looks at the stone and then reads out aloud - "E Lord, She was Thin".

Bloke from Barnsley with a sore bum asks the chemist "Nah then lad, does tha sell arse cream?"
    Chemist replies "Aye lad, Magnum or Cornetto?"

JJ :D:D:D;)

These put a real smile on my face, JJ, as my late dad was a Yorkshireman and I could hear his voice all over again:):)

Happy New Year to all on Flavia's thread:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flav has tweeted a lovely new year message to everyone :)
    Happy new year to each and every one of you, 2011 will bring peace love and joy to all. Xxx

Smilies are a :) and two little cocktail glasses :D.....*clink*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An early Happy New Year to everyone on here -and to Flavia- hope you all have a great night and a wonderful 2011!! :)
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy New Year to all Flavarians!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve :)

I would like to wish Flavia and everyone on here a very happy, healthy and successful 2011 :)

Happy New Year All xxx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy new year to everyone :) hope 2011 is a great year for you all , Enjoy all the celebrations xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year to Flavia and everyone in here...Have a wonderful 2011 :) x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy new year everyone, hope it's a good one for you all :)
    xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning everyone - and its VERY Happy New Years wishes to everyone out there!

I'm afraid the weather seems to be lagging behind as bit though - still damp and gloomy.

Have a great day - indeed, a great Year - and may 2011 bring you all you wish yourselves in every way.

We are off out for dinner tonight. it's our wedding anniversary - an unusual choice of day, but difficult to forget. Its 5 whole mirrors worth, as well (you do the Maths)

Enjoy! (of course)

JJ :):):) (and Mrs JJ)
  • Options
    vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
    Forum Member
    Happy new year to all the flavia fans and hope you have a great year :D

Happy wedding anniversary to mr and mrs jj :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning everyone and Happy New Year to you all :)

Happy wedding anniversary to JJ and Mrs JJ too xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning World

Well, its the 2nd of January - so how many people out there have ALREADY fallen away fro their New Years Resolutions??

A colder but brighter day due down here in the Vale. Anything less soggy would be an improvement.

Its actually a bit weird - it feels as if it should be Monday already.

Enjoy your day

JJ :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lazy day for me today. Still in my PJ's and staying like that for the rest of the day hopefully :p......I might try and catch up on some DVD's or movies I've recorded but not got around to watching yet.

Have a nice day everybody :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Happy New Year to all readers, and thank you for all the Greetings sent to Vincent and Flavia and myself.

Warner Leisure Strictly Come Dancing Experience Break
    Special New Year offer from Warner Leisure Breaks. Book now for the Vincent and Flavia Strictly Come Dancing Experience Break at
    Nidd Hill Hotel, Harrowgate. Quote promotion code 36SDA when you book and you will receive a free bottle of champagne with every booking.
    http://www.warnerleisurehotels.co.uk/hotels/nidd-hall-hotel/overview/index.aspx
    Because most of 2011 is going to be taken up with the Midnight Tango Tour and (hopefully) the next series of Strictly Come Dancing, this Holiday Break is one of very few opportunities to meet up with Vincent and Flavia in 2011.

ALIVE107.03
    The radio interview with Flavia on the 16th December can now be heard on line at
    http://aliveradio.net/the-late-show-interview-with-flavia-cacace

Classes at Guildford College
    These start week after next, Tuesday 11th January in the Main Hall at Guildford College, Stoke Road, GUILDFORD, GU1 1EZ. Parking in the campus.
    More info at http://www.vincentandflavia.com/classes.html
    Next week's newsletter will announce the dance genre for the classes.

March Hare's Ball March 11th
    This event is completely sold out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bump post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bumpety bump
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning World!!

Yes, it may be Monday - but its STILL a holiday for most (NOT for Dilly! *nods sympathetically*)

This is where Christmas really seems to drag! The tree is coming down today and its back on the diet!

The weather??? A bit colder - a bit clearer - which, I suppose - represents an improvement. Its due to be dank and gloomy again later in the week though.

Enjoy your day!

JJ :):)
This discussion has been closed.