Childlike things you still do?

Comments

• EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear if my next house has no near neighbours I'm going to have an adult-sized swing installed in the garden. Like a lot of you, I absolutely LOVE swinging. It makes me become deliriously happy within seconds. :D And if I have two swings side by side I just know I'll push mine towards you when you've reached the very top of your swing. That always made me roar with laughter. [Evil grin]
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else has mentioned sitting on top deck of bus, over the driver. My OH and I use very sharp elbows to get those seats when we ever get on one in London! If we manage to get those seats we know it is going to be a good day.

When I am on I sometimes put on music and sing along and pretend I am famous and playing live. Used to do this a lot when I was little. Would like to do it more now!
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO happy to read that lots of other adults love colouring-in, too.

Since becoming an adult I've lost count of the times I've resisted the temptation to buy a colouring book because I think my family will think I'm daft or even mentally challenged. Sod it..next time I won't resist!

I also love dressing up. Any excuse with me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else has mentioned sitting on top deck of bus, over the driver. My OH and I use very sharp elbows to get those seats when we ever get on one in London! If we manage to get those seats we know it is going to be a good day.

When I am on I sometimes put on music and sing along and pretend I am famous and playing live. Used to do this a lot when I was little. Would like to do it more now!

Do you only do this when 'the decorators are in' ? :confused:
  • Betty SwollaxBetty Swollax Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still let me mum bath me

....:o
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Im a member of another forum where someone does colouring for relaxation. Apparently you can get adult colouring books, with intricate pictures so its more artistic than a childrens version. Sounds quite interesting!

I still sleep with a teddy but i find thats because i sleep on my side so if i dont have a bear to support my top arm i end up with a bad back!

Ive been looking at the lush website for some bath bombs and stumbled across multifuctional "funs". They can be used as soap, bubble baths or shampoo and have the texture of playdoh so you can mould them and play with them before breaking some of to use. So tempted as i loved play doh!
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I still use a Scheaffer fountain pen and I have a childhood flashback of intense anticipation when filling it with Quink Blue/Black ink. I still feel like I am going to be practising my small and capital letters in that lined exercise book. I am sure I would feel the same if I got a new set of felt tips, or a geometry set - the thrill of getting those was fantastic. How times have changed eh?

I still get a thrill when starting a new writing pad. I am sure it stems from that amazing feeling when from being at school and completing an old exercise book - the pleasure of getting a new virginal book was intense.

Being a mid 50's male, I also suffer from the 'hope the football comes to me' syndrome when walking in the park. The couple of times I have had the chance, I have skied the damn thing everywhere - cue the 'these balls are a lot lighter nowadays' excuse as they try not to laugh too loud.

I still cannot resist singing and dancing along to Jungle Book [and doing the voices]. The oft used excuse that it was to entertain my daughter has long gone - she is 27 now.

My nieces and nephews have young boys now and I can spend hours sitting on the floor with them, playing with their toy cars. It is mandatory to make the Formula 1 sounds as they move.

On the spur of a moment I will buy a packet of fruit pastilles and eat them in one go. I will still check the colours and sort out my favourites. I have to finish the lot in one go 'so my sisters won't pinch them'. The nearest one to me lives 60 miles away.

On the rare occasion that I actually have chewing gum, it is still a rule that I have to blow the biggest bubble I can. The smaller bubbles must 'snap' when they burst.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):D:):D:):D:):D

What a lovely joyous thread this is.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I still like to be asleep before midnight on Christmas Eve. It feels like the 'proper' thing to do.

God yes, I had forgotten I still do that!

My parents always used pillowcases to presents in - I still do, even though there is only my wife and I at home now.
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this is 'childish' as such,but I always love walking through fresh snow. I like sticking my tongue out to catch snowflakes, and walking on crunchy grass (when it's frosty).
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is 'childish' as such,but I always love walking through fresh snow. I like sticking my tongue out to catch snowflakes, and walking on crunchy grass (when it's frosty).

Oh I love that too, I'm way past childhood but I still even do the odd snow angel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    JT2060 wrote: »
    I still use a Scheaffer fountain pen and I have a childhood flashback of intense anticipation when filling it with Quink Blue/Black ink. I still feel like I am going to be practising my small and capital letters in that lined exercise book. I am sure I would feel the same if I got a new set of felt tips, or a geometry set - the thrill of getting those was fantastic. How times have changed eh?

I still get a thrill when starting a new writing pad. I am sure it stems from that amazing feeling when from being at school and completing an old exercise book - the pleasure of getting a new virginal book was intense.

Being a mid 50's male, I also suffer from the 'hope the football comes to me' syndrome when walking in the park. The couple of times I have had the chance, I have skied the damn thing everywhere - cue the 'these balls are a lot lighter nowadays' excuse as they try not to laugh too loud.

I still cannot resist singing and dancing along to Jungle Book [and doing the voices]. The oft used excuse that it was to entertain my daughter has long gone - she is 27 now.

My nieces and nephews have young boys now and I can spend hours sitting on the floor with them, playing with their toy cars. It is mandatory to make the Formula 1 sounds as they move.

On the spur of a moment I will buy a packet of fruit pastilles and eat them in one go. I will still check the colours and sort out my favourites. I have to finish the lot in one go 'so my sisters won't pinch them'. The nearest one to me lives 60 miles away.

On the rare occasion that I actually have chewing gum, it is still a rule that I have to blow the biggest bubble I can. The smaller bubbles must 'snap' when they burst.

Love it. Crumbs I am staggered by how 'childish' I am. I thought they were just normal as I do most of the things in this thread without giving it a second thought. Eek!!
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * Watch cartoons
    * Play Computer Games ( I see Games as ageless but some people define it as for children only)
    * I sometimes like to walk along lines in the pavement or along low walls
    * Sitting in the "fun" seat of a bus
    * Have trantrums
    * Love Easter
    * Eat Kinder eggs and Creme Eggs
  • lustyrustylustyrusty Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I was 33 yesterday and I was bought a Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle pencil case (and only huffed for about 10 minutes when they didn't have the orange one), I did get the orange TMNT cushion. And many, many new notes pads and pens cause I love them too...
  • lustyrustylustyrusty Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    My Mother has also just reminded me that I refuse to eat omelettes but am perfectly happy to eat 'scrambled egg fried' on a regular basis. She called it this as a child as it was the only way I'd touch the stuff.... still not keen on omelettes now but I love scrambled egg fried!

Also I'm a colour-er-iner to
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love coloring books. I find them therapeutic. I also like jumping like an eejit on daughters trampoline. I'm 44.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D

I remember when I was about 11 my dad walking in on me doing exactly that to Christina Aguilera, Genie In A Bottle, in front of the mirror!
    He just starred at me for about 10 seconds then pissed himself laughing :( Not the same reaction as the audience I was pretending to perform to. They were loving me :D
  • MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still sulk if I don't get my own way,drives my fiancé mad and my 17 year old son says it's pathetic lol.
  • TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Have problems with authority figures (not so bad now).
    Cutting out the *rse of a tomato.
    Prefer to use plastic picnic plates when possible.
  • bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Giggle like an idiot when something silly happens.
    Ask too many questions.
    Brush my hair 100 times before going to bed.
    I still have my Teddy Bear and Golly.
    Still manage to dribble toothpaste on my chin. :o
    Forum Member
    ....:o

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    I love coloring books. I find them therapeutic. I also like jumping like an eejit on daughters trampoline. I'm 44.

Brilliant, I am knocking on yours one day...bags I choose first picture. :)
  • Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, loads. I'm chronically immature and overexcited. Luckily i have kids and I work with 4-5 year olds so I get to play all the time.

Only last night I made a cardboard train (for work not my own pleasure, you understand), and once the paint dried, I jumped in a cardboard box 'carriage' and shouted, "All aboard, woo-woo!" Couldn't resist.

Get far too giddy at Christmas. So much so I have to remind self HE'S not actually coming. Even the kids tell me I need to calm it down a bit. :D

I giggle at squeaky farts and rude words. The other night my mum was talking about "the first gay Lord Mayor" and I couldn't keep a straight face at "gaylord". :blush:

Love colouring in too. Tried an adult one but the fancy patterns did nothing for me. Can't beat colouring in teddies in dresses and dungarees or fairies on toadstools.
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    There are some lovely adult colouring books out now - it seems that it has been acknowledged as being a good hobby for relaxation.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gorgeous-Colouring-Book-Grown-Ups/dp/1782431535

My mum loves those adult colouring books and she's turning 70 this year!

When hubby and I are out for a walk, I like to walk along a low wall if we come across one, and I sometimes spontaneously start running like a loony/kid, for no reason other than I just feel like it. I'm 41. :blush:
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i fidget, twiddle my hair and almost always sit cross legged.