✭✭✭

Comments

• A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Yes, without a shadow of a doubt.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a tough call really. Everyone wants to stand up for their fellow man but noone wants to be on the end of a thrashing like that either. I'm not sure what I would have done but I would certainly have to live with the guilt of not doing something to help had I laid low and not lent a hand. At the end of the day it's a question of how brave are you? Would you put yourself in danger too?
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have intervened - to what degree would depend on what had happened beforehand. If he had gotten so lairy as to bring it on himself I would have let him take a few slaps before just breaking it up.

If they had set upon him for no real reason they would have got a few slaps.
  • infernal cradleinfernal cradle Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Depends if I had anything on me
  • Cahoots~Cahoots~ Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Yep, I would have taken them out
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes , I have stood up for people many times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    There isn't really that much information. I imagine they weren't really trying to seriously injure the guy or they totally would have done. If someone's on the ground and you really do stamp on them or punch them on the ground full force they'll get more injured than this. I expect they were just "screwing around", and a lot of what people are percieving to have happened is due to tabloid sensationalism.

Before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I'm not saying it's OK to get physical with people without their consent.

Would I have intervened? It would depend on the situation I guess.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Cahoots~ wrote: »
    Yep, I would have taken them out

Yeah, I'd bust a cap in their asses:rolleyes:
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly couldn't ignore or walk by a situation like this.

I stopped a gang of thugs attacking the barmaid in my local around 5 years ago, I managed to eventually chase them off at a cost of three broken teeth and a cracked rib.

The pub has been closed down now after a guy was murdered outside in similar circumstances.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    It's a tough call really. Everyone wants to stand up for their fellow man but noone wants to be on the end of a thrashing like that either. I'm not sure what I would have done but I would certainly have to live with the guilt of not doing something to help had I laid low and not lent a hand. At the end of the day it's a question of how brave are you? Would you put yourself in danger too?

Indeed. I would like to think I'd have intervened if I was a passenger on that train but, in all honesty, I don't know if I would've been brave enough. I would imagine that the fear of being thrust on the receiving end of such violence yourself can be an overwhelming thing. On the other hand you could just see a red mist and jump straight to the victims defence.

It's probably not a question we can answer with a definite yes or no unless we have been in a similar scenario ourselves. If I did intervene I would hope there would somebody else to back me up, just in case the worst came to the worst.
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep without a second thought
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get is why some of the other passengers didn't group together and try and help? I can sort of understand someone on their own being scared to help but get a few others involved and they could have stopped it
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    What I don't get is why some of the other passengers didn't group together and try and help? I can sort of understand someone on their own being scared to help but get a few others involved and they could have stopped it

Yeah, if there was a group of us I'm pretty sure I'd find it in me to step in. It's when there was nobody else around to help that I'm not so certain about what I would do.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, if there was a group of us I'm pretty sure I'd find it in me to step in. It's when there was nobody else around to help that I'm not so certain about what I would do.

and I'm not sure if there there were any other passengers on the train from the pictures. Certainly not in the carriage. It seems to me like a very scary moment not least for the poor victim.
  • NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    Don;t understand this at all.

considering the parallel sentence this week for a similar more brutal attack, that became murder..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/oct/12/three-face-life-sentences-halloween-hat-killing

The original article is nothing other than common assault, and they should be jailed. Period.

--

I'd have stood up, done something/anything too.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    and I'm not sure if there there were any other passengers on the train from the pictures. Certainly not in the carriage. It seems to me like a very scary moment not least for the poor victim.

Looks like there were people in the carriage but they all fled when the trouble started
    CCTV footage shows other people on the train moving away as the man struggled beneath them on the floor.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i'd have phoned the police and screamed at them to stop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the bleeding heart left on this forum who love all except the people they call chavs.

When middle class scum do this they get away with it.
    The girl is a professional lucky for her because she is fulgy.
    Forum Member
    SeeEmma wrote: »
    And the bleeding heart left on this forum who love all except the people they call chavs.

Well ****ing said. At last another voice of reason among the sea of liberals on here:)
    Forum Member
    Looks like there were people in the carriage but they all fled when the trouble started

Although I donlt have much time for Tony Blair, his recent interview with Andrew Marr and his position on iinterventionism struck a chord with me.

'Sometimes it is just plain wrong, and you have to do something about it'.

Shame his track record isn't so good as his rhetoric.

Fcuk up';s in Iraq, Afghanistan and namby pandy laws introduced, against the strong positive interventionism in Sierra Leone - though much of that was maybe about the UK Army Chief who exceeded his remit and committed the forces on his own :rolleyes:
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Depends if I had anything on me

Your fists not good enough?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well ****ing said. At last another voice of reason among the sea of liberals on here:)

I wish we could just tell those people to bleep off.
    Forum Member

What a bunch of ****ing pussies, typical of england these days tho, hear no evil see evil:(
    Forum Member
    SeeEmma wrote: »

Whoever did I, it was wrong. Period.

Don't take this off-thread, with social engineering/spiteful jealousy angles/points.
    Forum Member
    A321 wrote: »
    Your fists not good enough?

Not when I'm outnumbered nah, soz ard:rolleyes: