Options

Rolf Lassgard Wallander

Comments

• Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know when this was filmed?

It was very dated and the picture quality - yikes!

My guess is 1993
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scotch wrote: »

My guess is 1993

It was 1994 - the first one that Rolf Lassgård filmed. Yes, we expect everything to be HD these days. I expect when 4K is the norm we will be saying the same about HD picture quality :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander_%28film_series%29
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if BBC4 have the rights to show The White Lioness as well as according to Wikipedia that's never been shown over here
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »

My guess is 1993
    I actually like the picture quality, adds to the "dark "atmosphere of Wallander
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I wonder if BBC4 have the rights to show The White Lioness as well as according to Wikipedia that's never been shown over here

That's the final Wallander unscreened in the UK. Given Dogs of Riga is next Saturday 3rd, I hope this is the following week.
  • Options
    DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    That's the final Wallander unscreened in the UK. Given Dogs of Riga is next Saturday 3rd, I hope this is the following week.

Spiral starts on Saturday January 10.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DBC wrote: »

Maybe TWL will be shown after Spiral ends
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these the Kenneth Branagh final series of "Wallander"?
    I heard they were making them over a year ago, but we havent seen them on TV yet...or did i miss it?
    Anyone know?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    henry_hope wrote: »
    Are these the Kenneth Branagh final series of "Wallander"?
    I heard they were making them over a year ago, but we havent seen them on TV yet...or did i miss it?
    Anyone know?

Really??? I mean, REALLY?!?!?!?! :o
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,077
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Really??? I mean, REALLY?!?!?!?! :o

:D You'd think the title of the thread would be a clue, wouldn't you? :D
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DBC wrote: »

Oooh! As that's for another thread I'd better do my own research for a change :(
  • Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw 'new' i thought great; thrn i looked at the picture and thought '1985'!! A little bit misleading of the BBC.
  • Options
    the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably could have made this a two parter. Little was advanced plot-wise in ep 2 was it? Really just that Kurt now thinks the fire was set by kids but the Somalian refugee was killed by racists. I liked the way they updated us on the plot via Kurt's inner thoughts at the beginning of ep 2 as well - incase we missed ep 1 haha! :p Anyway it's interesting, as ever, to see the more personal aspects of Kurt's life - his continuing feelings for Mona, issues with his father/Linda etc.

But indeed - the picture quality! Only to be expected though. It suddenly makes you feel old by remembering how long ago the mid 90s was!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final parts on now.....
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Final parts on now.....

Wow, thanks very much, I'd have missedit. I assumed it was on tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone checked to see that they`ve not left their hag cooking under the dryer. I`m always doing that and she hates it.....

Wallander seduction technique: Push the woman over and then fall on her!
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another 2-part Lassgård Wallander not seen before here - Dogs of Riga - is on in the usual BBC4 Saturday slot.

Edit: I see someone already mentioned this, but in case it got lost... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valfrid Strom was the character that Fredrik "Svartman" Gunnarson played in the Kenny B version of this story
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw 'new' i thought great; thrn i looked at the picture and thought '1985'!! A little bit misleading of the BBC.

Yes. thats why I thought it might be the new Brannagh series that hasnt aired yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a long and drawn out 4 hours. Hope tonight's 2 parter moves at a quicker pace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Bloody hell it's easier to follow the subtitles than this wacky English. Is this why this series was held back from UK broadcast until now?
    I stopped watching after about 45 mins, totally shambolic and amateurish, the KB version was far, far better.
  • Options
    DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to see how Riga looked in 1995 compared to when I was there a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    pauljoansspauljoanss Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching the 4 hour meander and it was very poor on many levels, thin plot, jumped about, padded out with erelevant personal stuff, picture quality, clumsy references to racism.
    Having watched Killing/Bridge/Borgen in this same program slot made it even worse in comparison.
  • Options
    pauljoansspauljoanss Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Was that Faceless Killers? I haven't watched the last hour yet but I quite like it. I don't watch much drama though so maybe I'm easily pleased. I prefer it to tonight's one anyway.

Yes that's the one, sorry to keep having a go but even the title (Faceless Killers) seemed wrong. For me it implied that there was going to be something special about their faces, but instead it just meant they had not been identified, maybe the translation to English did not work well. Not giving anything away but for most of the final episode the police actually had photos of the faces of the "Faceless" individuals.
    Oh, and if you listen carefully we did find out who feed the horses, it was mind blowing (not).
    Looking forward to new series of Broadchurch this week, the first series was a masterpiece.
  • Options
    greygrey Posts: 5,037
    Forum Member
    pauljoanss wrote: »
    Just finished watching the 4 hour meander and it was very poor on many levels, thin plot, jumped about, padded out with erelevant personal stuff, picture quality, clumsy references to racism.
    Having watched Killing/Bridge/Borgen in this same program slot made it even worse in comparison.

I was looking forward to watching Montalbano, (I missed it first time round) still some episodes to go.
    Couldn't get into Wallendar:confused: