George Clooney is single....again...

2»

Comments

• Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Just because he refuses to have children? There could be a perfectly good reason as to why he doesn't want children.

There could also be a perfectly good reason why he hires models to be his girlfriends.

I just can't think of any...........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because he refuses to have children? There could be a perfectly good reason as to why he doesn't want children.

He's stated he likes children but believes a family environment is best for them and given that his first marriage was apparently a catalogue of errors, I assume he doesn't want kids if he knows he's not capable or is scared of a long term marriage. Apparently Matt Damon, Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt visit him in Italy and he enjoys spending time with their families.

I really don't get why people insist he must be gay. He's been married, he's had girlfriends, Matt Damon claims he's a poonhound like no other he has seen, his sister has laughed off the rumours on the same basis... surely his friends and family know better than we do. Also, if he was gay, why stay in the closet anyway? It's not like it's destroyed Ellen or Elton John's careers. Or why not just not showcase his relationships in public like Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz do? Why not take legal action like Morrissey and Rowan Atkinson do when their privacy is violated or speculated upon incorrectly? If he was gay, he has very little reason to hide it. I think it's far more likely he's just doing what all rich men do unless we're going to call Michael Douglas and Harvey Weinstein gay for dating younger, prettier women as well.
    Despite the fact that he's dated some of the world's most beautiful women, including his current girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, Clooney's hesitation to settle down has sparked rumors that question his sexuality. Though it's not clear why, the actor's sister, Adelia Zeidler, has decided to speak out, she told the New York Daily News that her brother isn't gay; he's simply not the marrying kind.

“No, I would say he probably will not get married. If I had to guess I would have to say ‘no.’ I know everyone says ‘Well, Warren Beatty said he’d never get married and then he met Annette Bening.’ But you know that’s the only example people can think of, so it doesn’t bode too well," she told the paper from her home in Augusta, Ky., where she and Clooney grew up.

"If he was going to get married he would want to be a husband and be somebody who would be there, who would have the time and the ability to focus on the family and the home and all of that," the 51-year-old actor's sister explains. And she warns potential paramours, “In the business that he is in, he has to be able to get up and go. The majority of actors don’t really make their marriages work.”

The lack of a ring on Clooney's finger means gay rumors persist, even though the actor himself has addressed the claims. In February 2012, he told The Advocate:

"I think it’s funny, but the last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, 'These are lies!' That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community." He added, "I'm not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing. My private life is private, and I’m very happy in it. Who does it hurt if someone thinks I'm gay? I'll be long dead and there will still be people who say I was gay. I don't give a sh*t."

Rich busy man wants to have all the perks by doing hard work but doesn't want something he feels he has no time for and didn't work the first time. I don't see much wrong with that.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is DS fantasy land. People need no reason to convince themselves someone is gay or bisexual, it's pretty funny :p
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why Kerry Katona doesn't apply for the job.
    Just think how many chicken nuggets she could buy when her 2 year deal finishes.;)

We need a LIKE button
  • Options
    DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    George is gay. His boyfriend is his hairdresser.
    Leonardo Di Caprio is also gay. He's been with his partner for six years.
    It's difficult/impossible to be gay in Hollywood as the movies have world wide distribution and many countries would not accept their homosexuality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George is gay. His boyfriend is his hairdresser.
    Leonardo Di Caprio is also gay. He's been with his partner for six years.
    It's difficult/impossible to be gay in Hollywood as the movies have world wide distribution and many countries would not accept their homosexuality.

Please present your evidence. Photos, videos, sworn confessions by reliable and named sources will do.

Also, if being gay in Hollywood is so tough, please explain Ellen and Portia De Rossi?

Please explain Zachary Quinto's success since outing himself rather than dismissal back to the doldrums?

Please explain Stephen Fry being on Bones and in Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, an international blockbuster?

Please explain Mario Cantone's successful acting and comedy career?

Please explain John Barrowman being a lead villain on a popular cable show Arrow and generally in demand all over?

Please explain Rupert Everett being cast as Prince Charming in Shrek, a children's blockbuster?

Please explain Sir Ian McKellen's casting in two of the biggest movie franchises of all time, X-Men and The Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit saga?

Come on. I'll wait.
  • Options
    waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please present your evidence. Photos, videos, sworn confessions by reliable and named sources will do.

Also, if being gay in Hollywood is so tough, please explain Ellen and Portia De Rossi?

Please explain Zachary Quinto's success since outing himself rather than dismissal back to the doldrums?

Please explain Stephen Fry being on Bones and in Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, an international blockbuster?

Please explain Mario Cantone's successful acting and comedy career?

Please explain John Barrowman being a lead villain on a popular cable show Arrow and generally in demand all over?

Please explain Rupert Everett being cast as Prince Charming in Shrek, a children's blockbuster?

Please explain Sir Ian McKellen's casting in two of the biggest movie franchises of all time, X-Men and The Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit saga?

Come on. I'll wait.

Ellen & Portia De Rossi are women, Men kinda find the thought of Girl on Girl Hot! Neither of them have successful Film careers though?

If you look at your list the only American Born Actor is Zachary Quinto (Mario Cantone is a Stand-Up who acts), Zachary is an exception to the rule as he basically a young Character Actor and not a Romantic Lead.

None of the English actors are ever cast as Romantic Leads either? (Not sure we can really count Shrek, plus being Gay isn't a big deal in the UK) That's really the point as to why US actors stay in the closet. I really admire Zachary Quinto for coming out but by doing so he will never amass Tom Cruise's of fortune of around $270m

Name me an Openly Gay man who has ever been cast in a US film that is either an action hero or a romantic lead? (An Ideal Husband with Rupert Everett doesn't count, way too camp!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waz101 wrote: »
    Ellen & Portia De Rossi are women, Men kinda find the thought of Girl on Girl Hot! Neither of them have successful Film careers though?

If you look at your list the only American Born Actor is Zachary Quinto (Mario Cantone is a Stand-Up who acts), Zachary is an exception to the rule as he basically a young Character Actor and not a Romantic Lead.

None of the English actors are ever cast as Romantic Leads either? (Not sure we can really count Shrek, plus being Gay isn't a big deal in the UK) That's really the point as to why US actors stay in the closet. I really admire Zachary Quinto for coming out but by doing so he will never amass Tom Cruise's of fortune of around $270m
    So American producers only hate gay Americans, not gay British people? These are discerning homophobes now?

What about Wanda Sykes, then? She's black and a lesbian. Or Sarah Gilbert? She's not exactly a blonde bombshell but she's done well.

I can name more and more if you'd like. The reality is gay people have long been a part of show business in theatre and films. Admittedly in the last 10 years or so it's only became more acceptable to be out and gay but it's not like nobody knew Lily Tomlin or Jodie Foster weren't lesbians, they just didn't talk about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Name me an Openly Gay man who has ever been cast in a US film that is either an action hero or a romantic lead? (An Ideal Husband with Rupert Everett doesn't count, way too camp!)

Gandalf is not an action hero? He fought the Balrog.

Nathan Lane in The Bird Cage is too camp too, I suppose, even though he got co-billing with Robin Williams, right?

How about Neil Patrick Harris as the lead actor in the Smurfs movies or Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So American producers only hate gay Americans, not gay British people? These are discerning homophobes now?

What about Wanda Sykes, then? She's black and a lesbian. Or Sarah Gilbert? She's not exactly a blonde bombshell but she's done well.

I can name more and more if you'd like. The reality is gay people have long been a part of show business in theatre and films. Admittedly in the last 10 years or so it's only became more acceptable to be out and gay but it's not like nobody knew Lily Tomlin or Jodie Foster weren't lesbians, they just didn't talk about it.

Neither Wanda Sykes or Sarah Gilbert have ever had Film careers to speak of? The British Gay actors are only ever playing Character Parts (and Americans think everyone who is British is Gay anyway).

Lilly Tomlin was always a comedic character actress and Jodie Foster only ever played a Romatic Lead in the films she cast herself in (Somersby if I remember rightly)

SAME CHALLENGE! Name me an Openly Gay man who has ever been cast in a US film that is either an action hero or a romantic lead?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither Wanda Sykes or Sarah Gilbert have ever had Film careers to speak of? The British Gay actors are only ever playing Character Parts (and Americans think everyone who is British is Gay anyway).

Lilly Tomlin was always a comedic character actress and Jodie Foster only ever played a Romatic Lead in the films she cast herself in.

SAME CHALLENGE! Name me an Openly Gay man who has ever been cast in a US film that is either an action hero or a romantic lead?
    I already have. Also, in case you didn't realise, this is not a game show. This is not "name the gay actor!" This thread is actually about George Clooney's sexuality. I am not here to play some game with you if you can't keep to the topic at hand and want to turn it into some kind of weird game show.

What you are doing is undermining your own broadsided proclamation by creating more and more caveats and conditions. Next you'll be saying "name me one one legged buck toothed gay actor born in Burma who has been in a John Waters produced but not directed Sudanese musical?" You have already undermined your own argument by creating more conditions to try ignore the obvious evidence and citations provided and as such I don't need to argue this any further when you've disarmed your own argument already.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has gotta to be gay!
    Or maybe he's just going to keep banging for ever?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I already have. Also, in case you didn't realise, this is not a game show. This is not "name the gay actor!" This thread is actually about George Clooney's sexuality. I am not here to play some game with you if you can't keep to the topic at hand and want to turn it into some kind of weird game show.

What you are doing is undermining your own broadsided proclamation by creating more and more caveats and conditions. Next you'll be saying "name me one one legged buck toothed gay actor born in Burma who has been in a John Waters produced but not directed Sudanese musical?" You have already undermined your own argument by creating more conditions to try ignore the obvious evidence and citations provided and as such I don't need to argue this any further when you've disarmed your own argument already.

Your argument all along has been that it's perfectly acceptable to be gay in Hollywood, I'm not asking you to name a "one one legged buck toothed gay actor born in Burma who has been in a John Waters produced but not directed Sudanese musical?", Just one Openly Gay man who has ever been cast in a US film that is either an action hero or a romantic lead?

You actually could have gone for Luke Evans (English actor who retreated to the closet) or possibly even Dirk Bogarde (but I'd doubt that most people would agree that either of them were Out?)

You changed the subject (Topic) with you assertions that it is perfectly possible to be an Out Gay Man and have a Superstar (Action Hero, Romantic Lead) film career 4 posts ago.

None of the people you have mentioned up to now have that kind of career, or unfortunately ever will.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theo_Bear wrote: »
    Shall we run a sweepstake for George's next beard?

Taylor Swift? :p
    I don't know why Kerry Katona doesn't apply for the job.

She's already met The One, don't you know? It's true love, the real deal this time! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they get a good severance package?
    I suppose its part of the deal when they sign up..
    Thinking about it, it must be a reasonable sum as they don't talk after their term is up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your argument all along has been that it's perfectly acceptable to be gay in Hollywood, I'm not asking you to name a "one one legged buck toothed gay actor born in Burma who has been in a John Waters produced but not directed Sudanese musical?", Just one Openly Gay man who has ever been cast in a US film that is either an action hero or a romantic lead?

You actually could have gone for Luke Evans (English actor who retreated to the closet) or possibly even Dirk Bogarde (but I'd doubt that most people would agree that either of them were Out?)

You changed the subject (Topic) with you assertions that it is perfectly possible to be an Out Gay Man and have a Superstar (Action Hero, Romantic Lead) film career 4 posts ago.

None of the people you have mentioned up to now have that kind of career, or unfortunately ever will.

This is increasingly beneath me. You set out strictures to demands I have met, but want to keep moving the goalposts to create an even smaller definition of who can be considered a gay successful celebrity. It's pathetic. I can see through the way your argument is going and have stated as much. You apparently are just unable to understand that and seek to recontextualise my comments. No. Sorry. My intent is clear and I clarified the inane nature of your increasingly strict standards. So, no, sorry buddy. If you are a gay multimillionaire, whether homosexual or lesbian, I consider that successful. Obviously I have less strict standards than you in general. "But she's only a successful producer, director and actress, she cast herself in Contact!" No. In your little world of make belief and self serving facts, sure. George Miller directed that and cast that film, but I guess in your little world George Miller and Jodie Foster are somehow one and the same. In reality, nope, they are a man and a woman and not the same person. But going on with your baseless claims ignoring facts. It's great to live in a world of self serving make belief, I am sure.

So apparently Ian McKellen defeating Middle Earth's version of a demon and fighting at Helm's Deep doesn't count?

Being a gay co-lead in a rom-com doesn't count (Nathan Lane in The Birdcage)? Nor does being the lead in 3 children's oriented comedies (Neil Patrick Harris)?

Because, unless you haven't noticed, THEY ARE ALL OPENLY GAY. I met your challenge, you're just being willfully ignorant to try support your weak argument based on opinion, ignoring the facts presented to you.

No, sorry. I played your game, you just keep changing the rules. Not how things work. Your argument is what is known as a strawman to me. It is everchanging but utterly without merit less since you selectively refute fact to to substitute with judgmental supposition. Sorry, I got tired of that by year 10. Learn to have a debate, not thrown down gauntlets you won't accept back when they are capably handed back to you.

I'm done with this discussion. You believe what you like, apparently that's all you do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    I wonder if they get a good severance package?
    I suppose its part of the deal when they sign up..
    Thinking about it, it must be a reasonable sum as they don't talk after their term is up.

Provide the Xerox of this contract you posit exists. Come on. Otherwise your speculation is as factual as believing the Care Bears made the moon out of cheese on the order of the Russians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alright mr khan, keep your wig on!!
    I have no photos (guffaw) but I know for a fact about Clooney and Di caprio. I worked in film pr industry. If you do a bit of digging yourself you'll discover that I am correct. All media and press know this too, of course.
    The actors you mentioned, by the way, are not male romantic leads and do not have box office clout like the big hitters who carry a film.
    You could pitch your life story and as long as they have one of the big hitters (Di caprio, Clooney, cruise, pitt etc) it'd get the green light.
    Now be kind - we are not here to argue - this is not the school playground - but to share and discuss. Have a good day, my friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And George is one of the kindest men in showbiz
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's a showbiz forum and its the norm to discuss famous people's relationships.

Personally I don't care what or who he goes out with. Don't fancy him - not my type (Soz GC if you reading this - but I don't haha) however I commend him for using his fame positively by making a lot needed social/humanitarian issues topical in the media.