Orange Anniversary Award

FritzFritz Posts: 147
Forum Member
Ok, so I may be being incredibly thick.... but I have just checked my monthly orange bill which is a tenner cheaper than usual due to an 'Anniversary Award' discount. I've searched the orange website but can't find any reference to it. I do recall getting a text a few weeks back asking me to reply 'yes' to something for a prize/cashback/something along those lines, which I checked was genuine and then replied to. It COULD be that though I also recall getting some sort of failure messaeg just after I'd sent me reply text off and never bothered doing it again!

Does anyone know what this is? I'm assuming that it's a once off but am hoping, rather optimistically that it may be a new 'feature' of my bill!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Hi Fritz

The text you received sounds genuine, as we often contact customers on the anniversary of them joining us, to offer something to say thanks for being with Orange. At one point, a £10.00 credit was being offered.

If you contact our Customer Service Helpdesk, on 150 from your Pay Monthly Orange phone or 07973 100150 from a fixed line, they will be able to confirm if the discount you received is due to this offer.

I hope this helps.

Darren from Orange Helpers
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/orangehelpers
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OrangeUK
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    ah! thanks - that explains it! did think about calling but it always takes so long.....

That'll be exactly what it is

Many thanks!!
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been with orange for almost 5 years, paying over 40 quid a month and never had anything like that from them.
  • FritzFritz Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    I've been with orange for almost 5 years, paying over 40 quid a month and never had anything like that from them.

I don't pay £40 a month... though i've been with them about 10 years. Tried to escape at last upgrade as i get absolutely zero signal from orange or T-mobile in the village where I live and the persuaded me to get a UMA enabled phone and 'boost' the signal with the wireless. It works most of the time.... though i think I'll be off to vodafone next year!