The Amazing Spider-man 2

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    You need to really see Captain America 2!
    [/B]

I agree, that film was almost perfect :)
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I agree, that film was almost perfect :)

Wow. Really don't understand the Captain America 2 love, I found the movie to be completely overrated and I kept checking my watch the entire time. Had so much potential to be more than a generic superhero movie but the action kept getting in the way. This review from Kermy sums up my thoughts on the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBBhn1cVhlU
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Wow. Really don't understand the Captain America 2 love, I found the movie to be completely overrated and I kept checking my watch the entire time. Had so much potential to be more than a generic superhero movie but the action kept getting in the way. This review from Kermy sums up my thoughts on the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBBhn1cVhlU

Well , each to their own, I loved the pace, I liked the story and the acting was top notch, unlike Spidey, who seemed to have a lot of scenes that felt like they were just using the first take.

I go to watch a superhero movie FOR the action, spidey didnt have enough, and far too many 'Dawsons Creek' scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Well , each to their own, I loved the pace, I liked the story and the acting was top notch, unlike Spidey, who seemed to have a lot of scenes that felt like they were just using the first take.

I go to watch a superhero movie FOR the action, spidey didnt have enough, and far too many 'Dawsons Creek' scenes.

I thought the action was awesome especially in Imax 3D, was blown away and extra kudos to Mark Webb for knowing how to use 3D properly. The opening sequence, in particular, was a banger - I've been watching a lot of films lately where I question if I've missed the first 20 minutes because its opening sequence is rushed, half-baked and lazy feeling.

But AS2 is how you do an opening.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    I thought the action was awesome especially in Imax 3D, was blown away and extra kudos to Mark Webb for knowing how to use 3D properly. The opening sequence, in particular, was a banger - I've been watching a lot of films lately where I question if I've missed the first 20 minutes because its opening sequence is rushed, half-baked and lazy feeling.

But AS2 is how you do an opening.

I wasn't keen on the opening because I *hate* shaky-cam.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

Ah soz when I say "opening" I'm referring to when Spidey's busting that campy, track suit wearing Rhino.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    You need to really see Captain America 2!
    [/B]

Yeah I do, but I can't imagine it'll impress me much as I'm not a big fan of Captain America or indeed the Avengers as a whole
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually thought the camera work was very stable given the scene. Had they stuck with the original point of view angle, then I would have felt sick.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I went to see this today, because Dane DeHaan is in it and he's very handsome.

Otherwise, I don't know anything about the Spiderman universe, I am not familiar with the characters, and I was rather confused by a lot of it. It took me ages to work out whether Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan) was supposed to be a goodie or a baddie, and i didn't understand why Max suddenly changed from being a goodie to a baddie (Electro) when Spiderman was trying to help him.

Obviously I was confused by the fact that it was a sequel to an earlier film I haven't seen, and I was baffled by the initial scene on the crashing plane.

In the middle of the credits at the end there was a trailer to what seemed to be a completely different film, with different characters. What on Earth was that about?
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »

Otherwise, I don't know anything about the Spiderman universe, I am not familiar with the characters, and I was rather confused by a lot of it. It took me ages to work out whether Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan) was supposed to be a goodie or a baddie, and i didn't understand why Max suddenly changed from being a goodie to a baddie (Electro) when Spiderman was trying to help him.

Obviously I was confused by the fact that it was a sequel to an earlier film I haven't seen, and I was baffled by the initial scene on the crashing plane.

In the middle of the credits at the end there was a trailer to what seemed to be a completely different film, with different characters. What on Earth was that about?

I believe that Sony want to take the Marvel route in creating a fictional cinema universe. So I'd expect some setup scenes in films which Sony own the rights to the characters for a later big blockbuster film similar to The Avengers.
    From what I hear on the rumourmill Sony are apparently intending to create a 'Sinister Six' film later on.

Here's a link to what Marc Webb says about that extra scene in the middle of the end credits sequence.
    Don't click if you're afraid of spoilers.
    http://screenrant.com/amazing-spiderman-mid-credits-scene-explained-spoilers-kofi-184890/
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe that Sony want to take the Marvel route in creating a fictional cinema universe. So I'd expect some setup scenes in films which Sony own the rights to the characters for a later big blockbuster film similar to The Avengers.
    From what I hear on the rumourmill Sony are apparently intending to create a 'Sinister Six' film later on.

Here's a link to what Marc Webb says about that extra scene in the middle of the end credits sequence.
    Don't click if you're afraid of spoilers.
    http://screenrant.com/amazing-spiderman-mid-credits-scene-explained-spoilers-kofi-184890/

That link is about the mid-credits scene in TASM1.

The mid-credits scene in TASM2 was a trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past, which was added purely because of contractual reasons and is utterly unrelated to TASM or any attempt at a Marvel-style cinematic universe (explained earlier in the thread).
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    johnloony wrote: »

You certainly have an appropriate username...
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Save your money and wait to watch it on dvd.

lol..
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That link is about the mid-credits scene in TASM1.

The mid-credits scene in TASM2 was a trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past, which was added purely because of contractual reasons and is utterly unrelated to TASM or any attempt at a Marvel-style cinematic universe (explained earlier in the thread).

Yes you're right. Thanks for correcting me on my error.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I think I am the only one on here who actually really enjoyed this film and no I do not like Twilight before someone asks. Not the best Spiderman film out there though. Ramis second is still the best one.

Again like the first Emma and Andrew's chemistry was fantastic.
    Gwens death was really sad. I knew it was going to happen when Sony released a picture of the comic book cover with the star faces on it urgh. Though had a feeling before she would die. Sony spoilt a lot of the movie before it was even released.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It seems to be The Amazing Spiderman 2 is a marmite film just like the first film as people either to seem to love or hate it!
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QPRbabe wrote: »
    I think I am the only one on here who actually really enjoyed this film and no I do not like Twilight before someone asks. Not the best Spiderman film out there though. Ramis second is still the best one.

Again like the first Emma and Andrew's chemistry was fantastic.

I enjoyed them more than the villains or the plot, but I can't see any other actress who is going to be as charismatic and who is going to have that chenistry with Andrew. Afraid it will be a letdown. Shame she couldn't have been Mary Jane.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gellymiss wrote: »
    I enjoyed them more than the villains or the plot, but I can't see any other actress who is going to be as charismatic and who is going to have that chenistry with Andrew. Afraid it will be a letdown. Shame she couldn't have been Mary Jane.

If a villain called the Jackal pops up, expect more Gwen/Emma... ;)
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from this

Found it pretty darn awesome, rocked my socks off the whole way through!

I took a look at the iMDB boards on it, the general concussion scanning the topics seem to be 'sucked, sucked, shit, crap, sucked, worst.. movie.. ever'
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Just got back from this

Found it pretty darn awesome, rocked my socks off the whole way through!

I took a look at the iMDB boards on it, the general concussion scanning the topics seem to be 'sucked, sucked, shit, crap, sucked, worst.. movie.. ever'

It's got a rating of near enough 8/10 by those who've voted on it so far though. :)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just like i expected.........brilliant.

just like TASM eclipsed raimis films so does this follow up from webb.

this is the spidy i wanna see! so cocky,witty and hilarious when in the suit, and not as depressing as toby maguire outside of it.

also his relationship with gwen(emma stone) is much better than anything with MJ/dunst
    which made her death(brilliantly done) all the more shocking, brilliant twist.

action scenes were quality, a brilliant score with the spidy theme to the electro beats and as expected the actor who played harry osbourne (dale dehan?) was so good in his role, hope he has big role int he third film.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it seems I watched a different film to most on here as I loved it. Saw Spidey on the weekend and thought it was a good mix of story & action, action, action! I thought the guy playing Harry was brilliant and perfect in the role.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this at the weekend and thought it picked up well from the last one that I enjoyed too. As a Spidey fan Garfield's portrayal is pitch perfect and the relationship with Stone's Gwen is superb and one of the main reasons these 2 films have worked. The villains felt more in the background for this film and it didn't feel like it was overloaded like in Raimi's 3rd outing.

There were so odd moments that were a bit silly like:
    * the secret lab in a train carriage hidden under the rails;
    * Harry being able to make his way all the way to Max's cell.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i loved both CA2 and TASM2 but spidey edges it imo
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down to 64% on Rotten Tomatoes, just 1% higher than Spidey 3. And while I agree 'The Amazing Spider-man 2' is the second worse film in the franchise, Spiderman 3 is in a whole other league. In fact I can't believe the latter isn't rotten.