Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey! Why the hell would he lie about that. What could he be covering up there I wonder.

He said she had gone out to buy dinner but he way he said was 'from phone evidence she had gone out to buy dinner' then when he got home the door was locked! Unfortunately Judge Masipa interrupted him for talking too fast and he skipped that bit and then saidhe was cooking dinner in the kitchen. (This info is taken from Juror13 blog)

So I wonder if she had actually left for home but during that 17.44 call he somehow made her return but he didn't actually know she had left and he got there before her.. So he was suspicious as to where she had been all day?

Is there any evidence of the actual time he returned?

BiB… I would have to listen to that again

RS detailled billing shows that she was within the radius of Silverlakes tower between around 12:45 to around 17:30… that does not prove she had to be at OP's house but it does seem likely… unless she knew some else in that vicinity.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing it showed was Pistorius lying about the 'zombie-stopper' comment which is why, many pages ago, I asked why he did. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.

The rest is psychologically very revealing. Have you ever used a large calibre exploding bullet to shoot a watermelon Kap?

I don't think most in SA have either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    porky42 wrote: »
    If he was desperate not to make a sound before he could get into a defensive position with the gun he's not going to chance being seen of heard trying to get out of that locked bedroom door if he does not have a gun. The alarm will take minutes to bring help (useless if he fears attack at any moment) and if an alarm sounds it will panic the intruder who could come through the house. He is fearful remember.

It just doesn't make sense to say the above when OP was shouting & screaming for Reeva to phone the police and for the imaginary intruders to "get the f*** out of my house" at the same time.
  • porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    So, the guilt or innocence of OP stands and falls on the basis of two witnesses. Seriously?

No. But the big attraction of Dr Stipp was his relative credibility and the fact that he had the only solid eyewitness evidence that alone would have made OP guilty. No question.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    I agree… She stead over because OP insisted on it… then OP was irritated that she was working on her speech instead of going to bed…. nothing was the way he wanted… she had enough of his b*llshit and she let him have it….between 2AM and 3AM

That's why EVDM was only hearing a woman arguing loudly…. RS was pissed off to no end… she sacrificed for him that day and she got no appreciation only criticisms from OP

OP was not used to a RS that was standing her ground…he was taken aback by the novel situation he was in... that's why he wasn't shouting back at Reeva… I suspect he was trying to calm her down…try to make her understand HIS point of view (like in the lengthy Whatsapp messages)…. but RS was sick and tired of swallowing his behaviors and excuses to justify them.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you AJ
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I'm not Kap, but I think he WANTS to believe, desperately, but sometimes the evidence to the contrary overwhelms him and he's not stupid, so he accepts.

And then there's any tiny bit of HOPE, and he's back there again.

And at the moment he's abandoned his previous arguments and gone along with GAD.

But you will have to ask him.

I'm not a Kap expert, though I'm oddly fond of him.:D

As I've said before, if you're going to send someone to prison for 25+ years for premeditated murder then you have to be very, very sure that you know what you're doing. For me the evidence isn't good enough to justify it.
    Forum Member
    No. But the big attraction of Dr Stipp was his relative credibility and the fact that he had the only solid eyewitness evidence that alone would have made OP guilty. No question.

Stipp would've swung me from not guilty to guilty (as he did for a time). But there are too many areas where his reliability disintegrates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiris wrote: »
    It just doesn't make sense to say the above when OP was shouting & screaming for Reeva to phone the police and for the imaginary intruders to "get the f*** out of my house" at the same time.

He only started shouting once he was in a defensive position with the gun

People can bitch and moan about how he missed Reeva and got himself to the bathroom entrance with that gun but I am 100% sure it was possible and his actions perfectly logical for him.
    Forum Member
    The rest is psychologically very revealing. Have you ever used a large calibre exploding bullet to shoot a watermelon Kap?

I don't think most in SA have either.

I couldn't really comment, but I don't believe it's that unusual amongst a certain class of gun owner either in South Africa or the US.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he was desperate not to make a sound before he could get into a defensive position with the gun he's not going to chance being seen of heard trying to get out of that locked bedroom door if he does not have a gun. The alarm will take minutes to bring help (useless if he fears attack at any moment) and if an alarm sounds it will panic the intruder who could come through the house. He is fearful remember.

Oh crap porky, if he was ACTUALLY seriously afraid that there were a crowd of armed intruders HE would have gone out the door himself and bugger Reeva.

His washing machine - ffsk, I reckon he KNEW it probably wasn't all that serious THEN, just loved the drama and impressing people with his BIG GUN.

I don't believe for a MOMENT that IF there was a real threat he'd have done that SUICIDE mission.

Sorry.
  • barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiris wrote: »

that's what he was prob saying to reeva.... repeated it in his new version in case anyone had heard and testified to those words... amazing anyone believes this rubbish coming from OP....
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said before, if you're going to send someone to prison for 25+ years for premeditated murder then you have to be very, very sure that you know what you're doing. For me the evidence isn't good enough to justify it.

lol so he should walk away free and return to his mansion yeah?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't really comment, but I don't believe it's that unusual amongst a certain class of gun owner either in South Africa or the US.

Well, if you mean, 'nasty young gun nuts' then what's the difference eh?

He did it because he had the gun and the nasty ammunition and he wanted to then?

Whoever he was trying to kill.
    Forum Member
    Totally hypothetical, it could be a past trauma, but I think its that Nel has the ladies here swooning and over attentive on every leg up / cloak hike, even I can feel a little jealousy welling. Anyway, occasional perhaps even by mistake, Kap does raise the odd thought and query worth taking on-board. When sharpening our own tools and thoughts a grind stone is always handy.:)

Ewww, no! Not jealous of Nel, I promise. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He only started shouting once he was in a defensive position with the gun

People can bitch and moan about how he missed Reeva and got himself to the bathroom entrance with that gun but I am 100% sure it was possible and his actions perfectly logical for him.

I am 100% sure that those actions were impossible for him if he perceived an ACTUAL threat.

And there wasn't one.
    Forum Member
    Well, if you mean, 'nasty young gun nuts' then what's the difference eh?

He did it because he had the gun and the nasty ammunition and he wanted to then?

Whoever he was trying to kill.

As I've said, I'm prepared to accept that he wanted to deal with the 'intruder'. What I can't accept at the moment, based on the evidence, is that he knew it was Steenkamp and wanted to murder her.

ETA: do I have doubts about his story? Yes, of course. I think it's entirely possible that he did kill her in a rage. But unless the evidence is there I don't see what choice you can have except to err on the side of caution and presume his innocence.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    I thought Mr Mike's evidence was sort of easy. He kept the lights on, flourescent lights, but not bright:confused: He used the blinds - did he? All the time?

And he was sort of determined to help.

Has it ever been discussed what type of blinds he has ?
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said, I'm prepared to accept that he wanted to deal with the 'intruder'. What I can't accept at the moment, based on the evidence, is that he knew it was Steenkamp and wanted to murder her.

it doesnt matter

who intended to kill who ever was behind the door. according to him he didnt know it was her so that is still murder as had that been an intruder he or she would have died
  • AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh crap porky, if he was ACTUALLY seriously afraid that there were a crowd of armed intruders HE would have gone out the door himself and bugger Reeva.

His washing machine - ffsk, I reckon he KNEW it probably wasn't all that serious THEN, just loved the drama and impressing people with his BIG GUN.

I don't believe for a MOMENT that IF there was a real threat he'd have done that SUICIDE mission.

Sorry.

Hahaha… you know what they say about people who enjoy showing off their big guns…. they are overcompensating for a very specific small appendage ! :D

That could be the origin of all his anger/insecurities : he was a small man but it had nothing to do with the length of his legs !
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Juror13 blog, a commenter has this to say:
    David Hartopp says:
    May 9, 2014 at 7:06 pm
    the 1.10pm whatsapp message from Reeva to Oscar on the 13th feb 2013 is most interesting and is NOT about a financial meeting. I strongly hold the view it is about Erectile Dysfunction after much thought and use of statement analysis.. The presence of a homeopathic treatment aimed at treating male sexual problems and other conditions in the bedroom appears to support this view.
    http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/oscar-trial-day-17-oscar/

I think he's talking about this message :
    RS to OP – It’s a difficult thing to try to console you baba because it’s a shitty thing and you’re a nice guy. I guess these things happen and we can just hope they work out for the best. You are an amazing person with so many blessings and you are more than cared for. Your health and future monetary blessings far outweigh this hurdle I can promise u that.

I've thought this was an issue from the very start, when the police found stuff they thought were steroids, and the actual substance was a herbal (I thought) treatment for conditions linked to erectile dysfunction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry.

Maybe if he had no gun, but given the level of fear he was describing I don't think so. I think he would have taken the balcony way out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then at least you concede that Nel revealed his gun nuttery, and automatic lying response, and that is important.

I think he meant to kill her. I don't believe he would have done what he did for an 'intruder' that only evidenced himself by a window opening, and I don't think, that if he REALLY thought there was a threat, he would have gone into that danger.

He'd have gone into danger to EXPLORE, if he wasn't SURE what the noise was, but he wouldn't have gone in if he was certain.

And if he went in, he wasn't certain, but exploring, investigating, and if he was investigating, then he wouldn't have shot four bullets into the door.

Just like he didn't to the washing machine.

He knew who was in there, and he went in to kill her.
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Ewww, no! Not jealous of Nel, I promise. :D

Aww .... what about when he flicks his gown over his shoulder and ........twiddles his.....

........ glasses ......

A message from Nel....

https://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBk74gvpCYAANbqj.jpg

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am 100% sure that those actions were impossible for him if he perceived an ACTUAL threat.

And there wasn't one.

Impossible? Really?

I cannot respect that kind of statement.
    Forum Member
    Aww .... what about when he flicks his gown over his shoulder and ........twiddles his.....

........ glasses ......

A message from Nel....

https://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBk74gvpCYAANbqj.jpg

:D

Discusting! >:(>:(>:(^_^^_^^_^:kitty::kitty:
This discussion has been closed.