Any celebrities who are private?

Comments

• Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Michael Jackson isn't about a lot

Haven't heard his name since his stint in the Balkans in the 90s.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For his level of commercial success Christian Bale leads a very low-key private life.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kare Moss rarely gives interviews and her daughter's face is always pixelated out if she appears in a photo, Michael Schumacher always kept his family life private and Johnny Depp's kids don't appear in photos, whilst he talked about films in interviews his home life in France was very private before his split with Vanessa Paradis, the locals in their village never bothered them either. A lot of celebs turn up in large vehicles with blacked out windows and hoards of minders in dark glasses for 'protection' mostly to draw attention to themselves, Scarlet Johansen was at Inverness bus station on her own dressed in jeans and a T shirt, no one bothered her.

I agree with you about Johnny and Vanessa Paradis (they were together 14yrs or there abouts). They were very private and rarely gave interviews except in relation to their work, but however since Johnny has been with his new partner (now fiancee) Amber Heard he has spoken quite a lot about her. In fact I've heard more about this current relationship in the short few months they've been together than the whole longterm relationship he had with Vanessa.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you about Johnny and Vanessa Paradis (they were together 14yrs or there abouts). They were very private and rarely gave interviews except in relation to their work, but however since Johnny has been with his new partner (now fiancee) Amber Heard he has spoken quite a lot about her. In fact I've heard more about this current relationship in the short few months they've been together than the whole longterm relationship he had with Vanessa.

Told this story loads of times but my friend was in a taverna in Kefalonia and they were there with the kids and Vanessas mum (who apparently has a summer house there). Apart from the famous faces and they fact they were so damn gorgeous, she said they were just like any other family on holiday. Yes, people looked over and said hello but pretty much left them alone.
    There was no entourage, no bodyguards nothing.

Btw, the same friend saw Joey Essex pull up at a petrol station with a pap, proceed to pretend he didn't know he was being papped and then shout at the staff 'do you know who I am?'

Spot the difference between talented and classy vs talentless and classless
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant is pretty private isn't he? I remember hearing he doesn't like talking about his wife or kids in interviews etc

Christopher Eccleston, too. I don't remember ever reading about him in the tabloids unless it's been Doctor Who related.

Idris Elba is another who promotes his work only and keeps his personal life private.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Told this story loads of times but my friend was in a taverna in Kefalonia and they were there with the kids and Vanessas mum (who apparently has a summer house there). Apart from the famous faces and they fact they were so damn gorgeous, she said they were just like any other family on holiday. Yes, people looked over and said hello but pretty much left them alone.

Btw, the same friend saw Joey Essex pull up at a petrol station with a pap, proceed to pretend he didn't know he was being papped and then shout at the staff 'do you know who I am?'

Why on earth does this not surprise me. Some people really are complete and total morons.
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I think if you are focusing on the work side, fair enough. I admire the likes of Idris Elba, Vanessa Paradis and David Tennant. All skilled and talented people.

Thing with the likes of the TOWIE ***** their life is the gutter press. None have any talents whatsoever.
  • FooxFoox Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont mind them doing press junkets for their films or music or whatever and then keeping quiet the rest of the time............its the ones who dont have any talent like the TOWIE lot that annoy me..........at the opening of an envelope just to get their pic in the paper and they've all got perfume ranges/books/shops now its just stupid to me to idolise someone for nothing.
    Thing with the likes of the TOWIE ***** their life is the gutter press. None have any talents whatsoever.

You and me both
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eileen Derbyshire (Emily in Coronation Street) very rarely gives interviews and never goes to award ceremonies.
  • Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Eileen Derbyshire (Emily in Coronation Street) very rarely gives interviews and never goes to award ceremonies.

Thats who I was trying to think of! Proper old school actress in that sense. One of those who sees what she does as a job and no need for Micky Mouse ceremonies.
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Evans maybe?
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, Johnny Depp was super private during the Vanessa Paradis years. Unless he was shooting or promoting a film, you never saw him. However, since he got together with Amber Heard, he has become a regular on the Daily Fail's website, unfortunately.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin were super private about their relationship in the early years, even going as far as not being photographed together sometimes. Then one of the only times they publicly spoke about their relationship was when they split up and they released the "Conscious Uncoupling" statement.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jennifer aniston?
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tennant is pretty private isn't he? I remember hearing he doesn't like talking about his wife or kids in interviews etc

Tennant is the ultimate Who fan boy.

Besides actually playing the part on Tv, he managed to get married into his favourite Doctor's real life family!

Wonder if he & Georgia have seen that episode of the Tomorrow People?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kare Moss rarely gives interviews and her daughter's face is always pixelated out if she appears in a photo, Michael Schumacher always kept his family life private and Johnny Depp's kids don't appear in photos, whilst he talked about films in interviews his home life in France was very private before his split with Vanessa Paradis, the locals in their village never bothered them either. A lot of celebs turn up in large vehicles with blacked out windows and hoards of minders in dark glasses for 'protection' mostly to draw attention to themselves, Scarlet Johansen was at Inverness bus station on her own dressed in jeans and a T shirt, no one bothered her.

I fully agree that their security arriving with black suits on and dark glasses is blatantly to try and get people's attention. You don't want attention and just want as little fuss as possible? Then don't have security that sticks out like a lit light bulb in a dark room. It's blatant attention seeking. I'm not saying that famous people won't get noticed and talked about by others around them when the celebrity is going about their daily business, but don't go making things so bloody obvious though.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Miley's life public knowledge? She clearly has a stage persona, but what do we actually know about her private life? She split from Liam Hempsworth. That's it.

I wouldn't lump her in with the TOWIE lot either. She's clearly very high profile, but most of what has been written about her lately is because people are "shocked" by what she does on stage.

I'd also argue that it's much easier for a film actor to refuse to talk about their private life than a soap star. It seems to be accepted, and probably in the contracts, that soap stars will promote the show by going on the chat shows and doing interviews in glossy magazines where they will be asked about their private life. They also earn a lot less, so can boost their income considerably by doing the odd "at home with ..." type photo-shoot.

On the other hand, if you are brining out a new film just once a year, you only need to do press once a year and you can control it much better, and the media is interested in letting you talk about the new film.

New pop stars are also expected to give regular interviews to promote every new single, and it's probably in their contract too. The pressure is definitely there for new solo artists to talk about themselves, and if they aren't leaking the stories personally, someone at the record company will.

There are still ways and means to protect a certain amount of privacy. IMO, the important thing is that each individual knows what they are prepared to talk about, and what stays private. Having some boundaries, and making sure the press know it too.

It's why pointless celebrities get so much support from the media. Showbiz writers know that most singers, actors and presenters will give them some gossip, but nothing really juicy, and nothing they haven't heard before. Instead of trying to convince celebrities who have enough talent to earn a living without selling their soul to sell their soul, the trashy press have decided to convince the general public that trashy celebrities are big stars. That's why the woman who does the kiss and tell gets a more sympathetic write-up than the footballer.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

.....and that anecdote sums up this thread perfecly.

Nice one Blondie X. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Lionel Messi
    The Rock
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why doesn't this surprise me? Little cretin.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Gibbons is an extreme example. I think only an obscure German interview in the late 80s is the only recording of her doing an interview. Fiercely private.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greta Garbo was the original privacy seeker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Garbo
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are many we hear nothing from until they've got a book to flog..
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel craig