what do you do with a problem like Jennifer Aniston

Comments

• trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    AND? Matt Damon & Ben Affleck have one for writing. Someone can't be both an actor and a producer? Keep on munching on your soup grapes people.

Your post could've been easily misconstrued so that the reader might think Brad had won as Oscar for acting, rather than being part of an ensemble team that won Best Picture for 12YAS. I was just clarifying.. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brad Pitt now has an Oscar *whistles*

There is no Oscar for "Best Producer". Putting the money up for a movie to be made is not a creative endeavour as much as it is being a money mark for liking the talent involved enough to fund their project.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    I suppose this is another failure in her life right?

No. Just the luck of the draw. From what i remember he got the production company, she got the better mansion they owned. Something like that.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no Oscar for "Best Producer". Putting the money up for a movie to be made is not a creative endeavour as much as it is being a money mark for liking the talent involved enough to fund their project.

Best Picture is the "Best Producer" Oscar, but only so many per film can be nominated, to stop people winning for vanity "executive producer" credits. George Clooney also won his second oscar last year as a producer on Argo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    It is rather curious how all the showbiz magazines paint this multi millionaire actress as a tragic figure because Brad Pitt left her and she doesn't have kids. Neither does Helen Mirren and she seems fine about it.
    She might have been misrepresented. But there was something poignant about the years and years of Jennifer Aniston interviews in which she kept saying that she was 'definitely ready to have a baby now', and 'feeling really broody'. I think that indisputably, unlike Helen Mirren, she intended to have a baby when the time was right.

Of course she cannot be described as any kind of failure. The media's fixation on her and Brad Pitt is ludicrous; they obviously thought they had found the archetypal fairy tale in which she beautiful princess was betrayed by the wicked witch, and in spite of 9 years of apparently blameless monogamy by Jolie, they have never quite let this go. Some psychologist could explain the way the media presented Angelina Jolie as tremendously highly sexed and evil, and Jennifer Aniston as sweetly sexless and therefore good.
    Fadge1968 wrote: »
    Heard Jen's at home tonight, doing her knitting, stroking her pussy-cat whilst drinking horlicks and picking her toenail.

Those sad middle aged childless women.....
    I'm pretty sure women with children do that kind of thing as well. :blush:

Angelina seemed to suck all the youth and good looks from Brad. But still, poor childless, single Jennifer etc etc. :cry:

Why should it be Angelina's fault if Brad got older, and looked it?
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cally's mum

I have never married, never had children [/QUOTE]

:confused::confused::confused:
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Okay if she does not want kids(the press are the ones that insist she does), is single though her team do push the latest romance every time she has a movie out.

The big problem with Jen is:

Mid forties, she is no longer the hip rom com queen, she is not a movie opener. Sorry but that is the way Hollywood works. She played herself in 99.9% of the movies she made anyway. Only one movie she stepped out of the romantic type and that was way back in the 90s. Never happened again, not sure if The Good Girl was a serious attempt to move into serious acting or a lets try something different.

She needs to get herself a nice TV comedy show and realize she was never movie material to start with.

Not necessarily. Look at Meryl Streep, she's going from strength to strength and is way past her 40s.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Not everyone wants kids. Better that she has been true to herself if she really did not want to, rather than popping half a dozen out because society 'expects' it and the kids ending up in the care of nannies.

Having a child isn't just another item to tick off the list; unfortunately a lot of folk appear to view it as such these days.

Nothing has any guarantees. She did get married, but it didn't work out - as happens to a lot of 'ordinary' people.

Exactly . Does this overcrowded world need another child ?

I mean she is a multi-millionaire . I'm sure most would be happy with a tiny fraction of her wealth .
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an attractive, talented, successful actress. What exactly is 'the problem' ? :confused:
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a rubbish film actress as she is, I did like her in Friends. And had a massive crush on her in the 90's and still now. She's harmless, there's a lot more idiotic celebs out there. She's just doing her own thing :cool:
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has had to spend the past decade of her life 'justifying' her choices.

The only person it should concern if Jennifer Aniston has a child or not.......is Jennifer Aniston herself.

It bears no impact upon anybody else. She will still be the same person.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    Not necessarily. Look at Meryl Streep, she's going from strength to strength and is way past her 40s.

Please tell me that you are comparing Jennifer Aniston to Meryl Streep!:o
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump

i read an article about her and the journalist what moaning about her not having children

i mean wtf...?leave the woman alone!
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Multi Millionairess, houses all over the world, seems to have her share of hot men over the years. Slept with Brad Pitt in his prime. Still loved for her role as Rachel in Friends, sure she sucks a bit as an Actress in her Film career and yes she hasn't had a baby, seriously is that the problem ?

Wow, I would love to have the problems of Jennifer Aniston.
  • nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Please tell me that you are comparing Jennifer Aniston to Meryl Streep!:o
    Two thumbs up for that one!

Jennifer is past her prime earning years. I just don't understand why the non US markets love her. She's kept the Angelina feud going for years as a prime source of media attention. She hangs out with Chelsey Handler for gawds sake.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitenurse wrote: »
    Two thumbs up for that one!

Jennifer is past her prime earning years. I just don't understand why the non US markets love her. She's kept the Angelina feud going for years as a prime source of media attention. She hangs out with Chelsey Handler for gawds sake.

Has she? I've barely heard her discuss it. The only time I can recall was when she was asked about it several years ago and she said that it wasn't "cool". What else?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Multi Millionairess, houses all over the world, seems to have her share of hot men over the years. Slept with Brad Pitt in his prime. Still loved for her role as Rachel in Friends, sure she sucks a bit as an Actress in her Film career and yes she hasn't had a baby, seriously is that the problem ?

Wow, I would love to have the problems of Jennifer Aniston.

haha that made me laugh out loud

what hot men has she dated bar brad pitt?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKNikey wrote: »
    Had it all in the 90's

Turned 45, not married, no kids, can't keep a man :confused:

I know she smokes a lot and probably smells like Kate Moss but seriously, she must have a problem?

She has a problem because she's not married, hasn't got kids and isn't in a relationship? Is there a rule in society that states that you have to be married by a certain age?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,197
    Forum Member
    Why (unlike her career) has this thread been resurrected?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why (unlike her career) has this thread been resurrected?

because of something i read
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    haha that made me laugh out loud

what hot men has she dated bar brad pitt?

Justin Theroux's not bad.
    Gerard Butler
    Tate Donovan (although not my type he has a certain charm).
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very rich and famous woman who isn't tied down and can do whatever she likes - I fail to see the problem there?
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justin Theroux's not bad.
    Gerard Butler
    Tate Donovan (although not my type he has a certain charm).

She never dated the last two
    I think that was just tabloid bull lool
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    She never dated the last two
    I think that was just tabloid bull lool

She was in a long term relationship with Tate Donovan before Brad, actually. Butler - not sure - but they were pictured together on numerous occassions and could easily have been f*ck buddies.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was in a long term relationship with Tate Donovan before Brad, actually. Butler - not sure - but they were pictured together on numerous occassions and could easily have been f*ck buddies.

Oh never knew about that
    Looooool at f*uck buddies lmao. I think they did a film together but jen doesnt seem that type but who knows looool