Amanda Bynes off the rails again ?

asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
Forum Member
She has been arrested for DUI and now seen talking to herself at a table and now seen wandering around New York .

http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=585477&cc=ND

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5275813/

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    It's quite clear that poor Amanda is rather mentally ill and the behaviour towards her and her illness has quite frankly been disgusting. No human compassion.

I really hope she manages to get back on top of things again. It is very sad.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's probably stopped taking her meds :(
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It breaks my heart to see Amanda wandering around on her own whilst vile human beings take pictures of her so they can sell them on and profit from her mental illness.

I understand she's no longer legally under her parents care and can, in terms of the law, do what she wants. But her Dad saying that they have had no contact with her in months and didn't even know where she was really bothered me. Especially when someone asked how him and Amanda's mother were doing and he said ''Well, we haven't heard anything. So we're fine.'' How the hell can any parent be 'fine' when they aren't in contact with their mentally ill daughter and she's just left wandering around by herself? I get that she's an adult and they can't force her to stay with them, but surely any parent would have tracked her down and at least be keeping a close eye on her even if she wants nothing to do with them?

They both seem to be in complete denial about Amanda's severe mental health issues. Maybe because they're embarrassed and want to pretend that their daughter is 'normal' or maybe because they're both ignorant with regards to mental illness. But either way, it's only serving to make things worse for their daughter. I don't believe in just shoving medication down people's throats, but I really think Amanda's condition can only be treated with meds and therapy.

How bad does she have to get (again!) before she gets placed in hospital (even if it's against her will?) It's very clear that she isn't well enough to take care of herself, and therefore poses a significant risk to herself. But that doesn't seem to be enough for medical professionals to intervene. Are they just going to sit back and wait until she kills herself (either intentionally or accidentally)? Because it really looks as though it's heading that way.

The way the press is reacting is absolutely disgusting. They seem genuinely thrilled that her mental health has deteriorated again, and are falling over themselves to get the latest 'hilarious' pictures/stories of Amanda acting erratically. It says a lot about how we, as a society, treat those with mental health issues. I despair, I really do.
  • lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    This poor girl is quite clearly mentally unwell. The paparazzi taking photos is diabolical. The scrutiny will be enough to stem paranoid thoughts. Poor, poor girl. I genuinely pray she gets the help she needs.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The paparazzi should be ashamed of themselves for taking pictures of a mentally unwell woman.

I really hope Amanda gets the help she needs, I thought she seemed to be getting herself back on track again but obviously not :(
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know who she was but by the sound of things she should be left alone, the way the press love highlighting a mental breakdown of someone just because they have been in the public eye is inhuman
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's be honest, the tabloid-level media know that a mentally unwell young female celeb, who might appeal to a younger demographic, is quids in. Vile, predatory filth.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I don't think you can blame the parent 's , you can only do some much and if she has stopped taking her pills then it's not there responablity to keep chasing after her . Both parents look very old and frail and I feel bad for them .

Amanda needs to help herself or something bad is going to happen before long .
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this "media should leave her alone" argument fairly pointless. She has a new Twitter that barely anyone follows, and it's clear from that she's still unstable. She is giving the media a story herself. She should just stay of social network all together. The internet is no place for anyone with mental issues.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caring for someone with mental health problems can be exhausting. Her parents, being the age they are, are very possibly burned out with it all. And yes, I agree with the posters who say that what the paps are doing is disgusting. Ruthless and exploitative.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I don't think you can blame the parent 's , you can only do some much and if she has stopped taking her pills then it's not there responablity to keep chasing after her . Both parents look very old and frail and I feel bad for them .

Amanda needs to help herself or something bad is going to happen before long .

There's an element of truth in that, but having read stuff about her past, they have exposed her to a sordid world from a very young age so actually need to accept some responsibility for her condition now.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame. She needs a hug
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she didn't go to crowded places like airports and act weird, then nobody would notice and she wouldn't attract attention. Clearly she needs to be supervised constantly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's crying out for help. It's sad, but her parents must be either tired or not very well-informed about mental illness. There's no 'one fix' treatment plan that will solve it all for everyone. It's alarming how she's basically looking exactly like she did a year ago in just a month.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's crying out for help. It's sad, but her parents must be either tired or not very well-informed about mental illness. There's no 'one fix' treatment plan that will solve it all for everyone. It's alarming how she's basically looking exactly like she did a year ago in just a month.

She got help, what is needed is a minder who will stop her doing this sort of crap but I'm guessing she won't ask for one and her parents would rather keep going on holiday off the money they made as her agents before she became an adult than spend a penny on her. They've basically exploited her for all she was worth and now can't be bothered to do right by her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got help, what is needed is a minder who will stop her doing this sort of crap but I'm guessing she won't ask for one and her parents would rather keep going on holiday off the money they made as her agents before she became an adult than spend a penny on her. They've basically exploited her for all she was worth and now can't be bothered to do right by her.[/QUOTE]

qft
    Forum Member
    She got help, what is needed is a minder who will stop her doing this sort of crap but I'm guessing she won't ask for one and her parents would rather keep going on holiday off the money they made as her agents before she became an adult than spend a penny on her. They've basically exploited her for all she was worth and now can't be bothered to do right by her.

What a load of rubbish , they have looked after her for months and was the ones who forced her to get treatment . It's only now the conservatorship is over it would seem she has gone backwards again .

She is nearly in her 30's so she is the one who needs to get help . The people around her can only do so much .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a load of rubbish , they have looked after her for months and was the ones who forced her to get treatment . It's only now the conservatorship is over it would seem she has gone backwards again .

She is nearly in her 30's so she is the one who needs to get help . The people around her can only do so much .

No. They exploited her when she was a child and now need to wake up and smell the coffee.
    Forum Member
    No. They exploited her when she was a child and now need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Oh , so you are know them personally ?

Nobody can force a child to do anything . Amanda loved what she was doing and hence she had more than one successful show .

And as far as I am aware loads of children actors out there and none ended mentally ill like she did . Clearly she had something wrong with her when she was born and it does not matter what she did it was a ticking time bomb .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which shows that she needs further conservatorship and they should take steps to get that authority again.

People with mental problems that cause them to try randomly wander around airports talking to themselves are probably not of the mindset they need help. Unsound minds don't tend to make sound judgements. Should dementia patients be ignored and expected to seek treatment because they have plenty of experience of being adults? The mentally ill need to be taken care of, not expected to be self sufficient and seek help when their mental abilities are suffering. They didn't force her to get treatment, the state put her under a 5150 order and made them take responsibility as her senior next of kin. So, you might want to get your claims correct.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh , so you are know them personally ?

Nobody can force a child to do anything . Amanda loved what she was doing and hence she had more than one successful show .

And as far as I am aware loads of children actors out there and none ended mentally ill like she did . Clearly she had something wrong with her when she was born and it does not matter what she did it was a ticking time bomb .

No. Do you.

& your point about forcing children to do anything is cutely naive at best and dangerously ill advised at worst.

& if she did have something wrong with her at birth, does that make her parents completely void of responsibility:confused:
    Forum Member
    No. Do you.

& your point about forcing children to do anything is cutely naive at best and dangerously ill advised at worst.

& if she did have something wrong with her at birth, does that make her parents completely void of responsibility:confused:

If she hated it she would of quit acting when she came of age , loads of Hollywood kids have walked away in favour of education as it was something they liked as kids and grew out of it .

I Am not the one the one pretending to know the family . All my stuff comes from growing up watching her on Nick and watching interviews . She never came across as she was being forced to do it and she loved it .

Unlike the Sprouse twins who have openly said they did it for money and are now set for life because of acting when they was younger .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=asyousay;75076760If she hated it she would of quit acting when she came of age , loads of Hollywood kids have walked away in favour of education as it was something they liked as kids and grew out of it .

I Am not the one the one pretending to know the family . All my stuff comes from growing up watching her on Nick and watching interviews . She never came across as she was being forced to do it and she loved it .

Unlike the Sprouse twins who have openly said they did it for money and are now set for life because of acting when they was younger .[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard of grooming and conditioning? If you are nurtured, supported and pushed into doing something from a young age with the safety net and guidance of your parents who praise you and whom you want to make proud, when that support structure goes away and once you realise they were using you, I am sure that can be extremely distressing and cause people to act against all expectations that as an adult they realise were unfair and unreasonable for a child to go through. The Olsen Twins don't act anymore either. You are aware what media training is, right? You realise Nickelodeon/Viacom are huge and have far more money in their resources than any of their performers? If she had spoken out, she'd have lost her show, been blackballed from the industry and most likely wouldn't have went home to happy parents seeing as how she was the main breadwinner for them for a long time. She could also have been sued for violating the terms of her contract.

Has she quit acting now? Sure looks like it, she stated she didn't like it or enjoy it back in June 2010.

So, got anything more to back up your claims aside from acting and media trained appearances to promote projects while under contract to do so?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    She's threatened to retire a few times. She hasn't been very busy as far as I know for the past few years in terms of films roles. I saw her in Sidney White, She's The Man and Hairspray last.
    Forum Member
    Have you ever heard of grooming and conditioning? If you are nurtured, supported and pushed into doing something from a young age with the safety net and guidance of your parents who praise you and whom you want to make proud, when that support structure goes away and once you realise they were using you, I am sure that can be extremely distressing and cause people to act against all expectations that as an adult they realise were unfair and unreasonable for a child to go through. The Olsen Twins don't act anymore either. You are aware what media training is, right? You realise Nickelodeon/Viacom are huge and have far more money in their resources than any of their performers? If she had spoken out, she'd have lost her show, been blackballed from the industry and most likely wouldn't have went home to happy parents seeing as how she was the main breadwinner for them for a long time. She could also have been sued for violating the terms of her contract.

Has she quit acting now? Sure looks like it, she stated she didn't like it or enjoy it back in June 2010.

So, got anything more to back up your claims aside from acting and media trained appearances to promote projects while under contract to do so?

Have you as you have no idea any of that happened?!

She has two other sisters who if the parents where such monsters then you would of thought they would of forced them into hollywood as well.