Pace Sky+HD problems

2»

Comments

• DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eskimo48 wrote: »
    I think the £149 is for upgrading to the 2T box from a non Sky+HD box, and would have an increase in charges. I saw this price £149 on my screen, but when I looked in my personal upgrade section, no mention of upgrading to 2T at all.

I see, that does seem more like Sky.
    sceptic wrote: »
    I believe if you are a long time customer and are prepared to be persistent enough then its definitely possible to get this F.O.C. I'd recommend you contact them by email.

Thanks; I'm not sure how I will proceed with this right now, since the Pace hasn't been so bad this last week I'll probably hold on a bit and keep an eye on things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    @eskimo48 - I rang through a complaint on Tuesday, no contact from Sky as yet.

@Dxfatass - I have found my Pace box worse this week, had to reboot 3 times in the last 24 hours alone.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,524
    Forum Member
    Well I hope so as I've had to unplug it from the mains again today to reset it, as it had locked up overnight, with a pink screen!

In one way though, it's comforting to know that BT Youview, who I recently signed up to, who also had some serious box issues recently, are no more incompetent than the much more established and better funded Sky TV!
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sky posted a update on sky.com today this what the posted
    Recent problems with Sky+HD boxes | 20 February 2015

If you have a Sky+HD box in your home, we know you may have had some problems recently and we’re sorry that you may have experienced any of the following:

Your TV Guide listings have been slow to update.
    Series Links have stopped working causing problems recording future episodes of your favourite shows.
    If you own a Pace or Samsung Sky+HD box it may have become unresponsive.

You can temporarily fix these problems yourself by following the steps in our Problems with your TV Guide and Series Link article.

We’ve found out what’s causing the problem and we’re busy working to fix this now. We know this has been frustrating for you. We’ll give you an update as soon as we have any more information to share, this will be early next week.

Last updated: 12:00
    http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/article/my-sky-updates/latest-help-and-support-issues/
  • eskimo48eskimo48 Posts: 44
    Forum Member

Taken them long enough to acknowledge this, especially about Pace & Samsung boxes becoming UNRESPONSIVE.
  • ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dthompso wrote: »
    I bought it from Sky when the previous box died. It was quite expensive like £100 or so, there may have been a small reduction as an offer at the time.

More than small you received a £150 discount... ;-)
  • ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taken them long enough to acknowledge this, especially about Pace & Samsung boxes becoming UNRESPONSIVE.

Not all issues are easy to discover ... ;-)

Sky should announce the software is frozen for Pace and Samsung Sky+ HD stbs after the resolution of these issues. Better that than try to run ever more demanding software on decrepit equipment.
    Forum Member
    Sky believe they have found a fix to the problem and are now testing on a LARGE number of boxes. Will give an update next week.

http://help.sky.com/articles/fix-problems-with-series-link
  • DxfatassDxfatass Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just received an update to my Pace - still waiting for the Sky+ to load, but the changing channels is much swifter than it was before. Hopefully this is a sign of things being somewhat sorted at least.
  • pierrevpierrev Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Pace box updated here as well, went from 87.00P to 94.00P let's hope it sorts out the frequent freezing !
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pierrev wrote: »
    Pace box updated here as well, went from 87.00P to 94.00P let's hope it sorts out the frequent freezing !

This software update only contains a fix for the TV listings issue which can cause Series links to disappear from the planner.

However there has been some wok done at Sky's end which should reduce the chance of your box freezing.
    Forum Member
    Nsewell wrote: »
    This software update only contains a fix for the TV listings issue which can cause Series links to disappear from the planner.

However there has been some wok done at Sky's end which should reduce the chance of your box freezing.

Rebooted this morning (doing this every 3 days) and now have 94.00P as well. Possible the tv listing problem may cause the Pace freezing problem as well. Won't reboot again unless box freezes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    My Sky HD Box (Pace) also had an update last night from R010.070.87.00.P to R010.070.94.00.P, also crashed again today.

What is the cause of the freezing and what have sky done at their end? Intrigued to know.
  • pierrevpierrev Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    danbak wrote: »
    My Sky HD Box (Pace) also had an update last night from R010.070.87.00.P to R010.070.94.00.P, also crashed again today.

Ditto..... purposely left it to its own devices tonight recording two or three things and came back to find it stuck on DAVE (last thing recording was Mock the Week) and not responding to any remote commands .... had to reboot to get it back working .......
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like all makes of boxes will get updated. but not the Amstrad DRX780
    http://skyepginfo.co.uk/Firmware/SkyPlusHD.php
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,788
    Forum Member
    The 780 was the only supported box not to get the smart series link, so I take it the update might well be related to that.
    Forum Member
    Pace box again frozen this morning, however Sky now think the problem is solved and will update boxes over next 2 weeks.
    Forum Member
    Pace box again frozen this morning, however Sky now think the problem is solved and will update boxes over next 2 weeks.

Bad news is the update was for series links and hasn't fixed the issue, I had the update last Friday and my box is still freezing.
    Forum Member
    Marti S wrote: »
    Bad news is the update was for series links and hasn't fixed the issue, I had the update last Friday and my box is still freezing.

I reloaded software yesterday, and the software stayed the same 94.00P, which I got last Friday as well.

My box froze yesterday as well.

Hope Sky is monitoring this thread so that they will be aware that the freezing issue is not fixed.

Although the series link issue was irritating and annoying, a box freezing is (in my opinion) much more series as there doesn't seem to be any specific length of time between re-booting and freezing. I've had between 2 and 4 days between them.
    >:(
    Forum Member
    Series Links stopped working on my Pace Box AGAIN. TV guide again not updating from yesterday (Saturday). Can, at the moment update the TV Guide manually by going into every page and scrolling down - Very time consuming.

Unfortunately you can't reload the TV guide from Pace Boxes, so the only other option is to re-boot the box, which I don't want to do at the moment as I want to see if my box is still freezing. It has done once so far since I got the latest upgrade (94.00P). >:(
    Forum Member
    I have found I can sometimes going to the TV guide and keep going forward a day at a time and force it to re-populate the epg for the displayed channels.

When I first got 94.00P it only lasted 4 days before freezing but got almost 5 days this time, which is the best since last December, fingers crossed I can get at least 7 days.